As of today, I'm at 60 pounds lost total....
1493   43

• Banned

Was at 50 pounds lost less than 2 weeks ago if that is a good judge of my progress... I still need to lose about 50 to 60 more though.

I hate being overweight and having to battle like this. Depression and lack of excerise and bing eating caused me to reach 300 pounds at one point end of last year. I got scared I was going to have a heart attack or develop diabetes, so I have been working on it and making significant progress. I am by no means ugly, alot of guys that like me say I'm even cute and that I carry the weight well.

I am trying to be healthier and get my old body back though, and I'm tired of feeling unattractive about it.

I'm officially at 238 pounds as of today. :)

When I get down to my goal fo 160-170 I'm gonna finally posts some pics of myself I think, and maybe some before photos. :P

I'm trying so hard to better myself, and actually love myself heart, mind, and body. This is an important step as well.

• Banned

And thank god being overweight is fixable with a little effort and determination. No fix for being hideous, short of surgery lol.

Good going man!
    Keep it up!
    Im happy youre working hard and trying to better yourself.
    There's so many of those HAES people who demonize anyone who tries to lose weight and better their health and well being.
    But in the end theyre just jealous that you have self control they could never have.

The professor sat down, utterly defeated by the young man's overwhelming brilliance.
    That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

• Banned

It has made me a better stronger and more determined person. And has helped me heal psychologically a bit as well.

• Thunder Goddess

Respect, dude! It's hard enough to do on a good day, and I know the meds can make it harder.

(Hey! I'm down 60 lbs too - wanna have a biggest loser championship? Joke - I'd like to lose about 60 more, but I'm shooting for 30 or 40, because I'm starting to look like a Shar Pei.)

“None of us are saints.” – Albert Fish
    "You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" -- Stephen Wright

Hey that's really great.
    I know that the struggle is real, but you're doing a great job.

It's great when you enjoy things.

• Banned

Yes I was switched from abilify to lamictal about 6 months ago... so less side effects for me. My psych switched me because of concerns about weight gain, and muscle twitches I was having, and problems keeping an erection.

That is all fixed now though, now it's up to me to reverse the damage done.

Lol! I haven't had much problem with the shrinkage, I guess because of the types of workouts I've been doing the skin has mostly tightened up quite a bit and isn't super lose or weird looking lol.

I hope you're able to reach your goal mang.

Rooting for you too.

• Banned

Ty mate.

You guys may rag on each other sometimes, but I think most of you are really loving peeps at heart. You are so kind and nice to me sometimes.

• Banned

good job!

I was north of 360 lbs about 7 years ago and have managed to keep off 160 lbs. since.

60 lbs I lost by myself and the other 100 pounds I went on a diet losing 2lbs a week. I find losing weight slow and steady is way better than "The Biggest Loser" type weight loss, where you're more likely to gain all your weight back after you stop working out like a crazy person and eating two crackers a day.

So, been close to 5 years at about 190-200 lbs but I do want to be around 170-180 since that's supposed to be my "ideal weight."

POOP

I know how it feels to be overweight and trying to lose it.
    I was (I guess am) pretty fat and lost a lot of weight, but I got depressed and packed on the pounds so it's kind of become an exercise in getting my shit together again, but what I mean to say is a lot of people don't really understand how much work it is until they've actually had to go through it.

Just keep doing what you've been doing and don't get discouraged.

It's great when you enjoy things.

• Thunder Goddess

True that on slow and steady - it's taken me about 3 years, but the way I'm eating now is a way I can eat forever, and I haven't had to deal with the plateau bullshit.

• Banned

mthor said:

True that on slow and steady - it's taken me about 3 years, but the way I'm eating now is a way I can eat forever, and I haven't had to deal with the plateau bullshit.

good job! It's good that you find a way to eat that will be normal for you. Personally, I try to eat a lot of whole foods, the less processed, the better. Chips and candies are my kryptonite, but whenever I go grocery shopping I stay away from those aisles. It's when my wife goes shopping that I want to take all the junk food she buys and ram it down the garbage disposal, but she's getting better about the way she eats too.

POOP

• Banned

Congrats. What lifestyle changes did you have to make?

• Banned

It's when you get within 20 pounds of your goal that things seem to get moving slow. I'm supposed to get to 170, but the heatwave has kept me indoors. Most of my weight loss has been through my diet so far, which has cut out fried food and red meat.

• Banned

What does HAES mean?

• Banned

Health at Every Size.

alt text

POOP

• Thunder Goddess

My knees beg to differ.

• Banned

Uh huh. That's fine and all if they believe that, though medical facts tend to say otherwise especially as one gets older. Do they expect doctors to say "you're 500 pounds, beautiful ... don't change."

• Banned

I gained 80lbs on my meds :(

• SwimSage Banned

Josey said:

Uh huh. That's fine and all if they believe that, though medical facts tend to say otherwise especially as one gets older. Do they expect doctors to say "you're 500 pounds, beautiful ... don't change."

Yes.

• Thunder Goddess

Been there, done that - what I'm trying to lose is med weight.