VH1 Classic will become MTV Classic beginning August 1st!
439   19

• Mobile Suit Gundam

And get ready for stuff like Beavis and Butt-Head, Daria, and YES, even THE MAXX to be back on the air!!

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/07/mtv-classic-to-bring-beavis-butt-head-unplugged-trl-back-to-air/

I also predict VH1 will change its name soon; the channel hasn't played music videos since the end of 2015, except maybe a time-filler of Pop-Up Video at 5:30 AM every 3 weeks or so. The name VH1 doesn't even remotely fit anymore, so might I suggest "Garbage TV??"

This week Toonami returns to normal, but that isn't such a bad thing, right? Beginning at Midnight, it's premieres of DBZ Kai, JoJo, Gundam IBO, Hunter x Hunter, Shippuden, and One Piece, then Saitama comes at 3 to punch out the lights! Only @Toonami!

My mom likes to watch Totally 80s on VH1 Classic.

• Banned

So we are just going to keep making threads about this?

If you gotta go go with a smile

Meh that channel sucked anyway

• Special Snowflake

I really couldn't care less. TV should just die already.

Memento Mori

• Mobile Suit Gundam

Sawdamizer said:

There's already one? Or more?? I didn't know!

This week Toonami returns to normal, but that isn't such a bad thing, right? Beginning at Midnight, it's premieres of DBZ Kai, JoJo, Gundam IBO, Hunter x Hunter, Shippuden, and One Piece, then Saitama comes at 3 to punch out the lights! Only @Toonami!

• ShoeHands

Liar

Its going to turn into a channel full of idiotic TV shows about spoiled bitches who think the world revolves around them while working to make the next generation collectively functionally retarded.

I could never lie to you, You're like the greatest pot smoking republican hippie I know.-1POOH4U

• Manowarrior

Master-Debater131 said:

Liar

Its going to turn into a channel full of idiotic TV shows about spoiled bitches who think the world revolves around them while working to make the next generation collectively functionally retarded.

That's probably what it'll be in about 5 to 10 years. But for now, Beavis and Butthead! I could really do without TRL though. That was by far the worst music related show they've ever shown.

Congratulations 2010, 2012, and 2014 San Francisco Giants! Beat LA!

Ain't got no time for bird sex, I wanna fly...

• Banned

ALchemist81 said:

Sawdamizer said:

There's already one? Or more?? I didn't know!

Well, it was a dudeco thread, so I would rather post in here anyways.

If you gotta go go with a smile

• Helper

MTV will be reminding us, 'hey, remember when we were relevant?'

What the hell is that behind you

• SwimPeanut

Hey, MTV is still calling itself MTV even though the guys in charge probably don't even know what a music video IS anymore!

And I don't see any music videos on this new MTV Classic either except maybe TRL, if that counts, sooooo....I'll pass.

Some days, some nights, some live, some die in the name of the Samurai!

Never underestimate a woman!

See ya, Space Cowboys and Cowgirls!

• SwimPeanut

@bnmjy No, only MTV and VH1 should. I need my Toonami and my Impractical Jokers!!.

• Mobile Suit Gundam

It's gonna have classic music videos in the morning hours like old-school VH1 did! But if you want to see music videos, MTVU is probably your best bet. If you wanna see AEON FLUX at Midnight Monday night, then MTV Classic is where it's at!

Yes, folks, this is not a drill. AEON FLUX will be back on TV THIS MONDAY NIGHT!!

• SwimPeanut

The 5 minute shorts or the full 30 minute ones? Or both?

• Mobile Suit Gundam

Ranlsa said:

The 5 minute shorts or the full 30 minute ones? Or both?

Full 30 minute episodes. The 5 minute shorts were part of Liquid TV, which so far I DON'T see on the schedule!

• SwimPeanut

Cool! They kinda reminded me of Ghost In The Shell, ya know?

• Mobile Suit Gundam

Ranlsa said:

Cool! They kinda reminded me of Ghost In The Shell, ya know?

Yeah, I do believe AEON FLUX was inspired by GITS!

• Banned

Sawdamizer said:

Until Gen-Yers stop getting old and just die.

• Other Anime

It's too bad they have to axe VH1 Classic for it cause they had some good 80's videos, but I'm looking forward to MTV Classic's lineup and reliving some 90's TV.

I am curious about what will become of VH1 though since their channels are starting to shrink and their main channel only plays Dr. Drew and washed up celebrity reality shows.

Muscle, muscle! Hustle, hustle!