save the bees
3872   108

• Banned

You starve your children on neglect
    Then feed their bellies with fear
    Concussion bat to the brain
    Witness to a battered mother.

• Check It Out!

We have a huge problem with the bee population here. We rely on them significantly for our produce industry, and with the way our local climate is f**king up we're losing a lot of them.

Bees aren't endangered. Maybe there are certain rare species of bees that are, but the ones that we normally encounter are abundant.

• Toonami

sure i am for it the bee population has been falling

• Helper

• Special Snowflake

Screw the environment.

Memento Mori

• Banned

POOP

• SwimSuperStar

In the words of the great Candela....NERF THIS!

• Thunder Goddess

It's not just the climate - there's also been a mite that has been killing them, at least here in NY. A friend of my dad's had been beekeeping for years, and had all of his hives (about a dozen) wiped out by it.

“None of us are saints.” – Albert Fish
    "You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" -- Stephen Wright

• Thunder Goddess

Do you know anything at all about bees besides that they buzz and sting? (shakes head)

• Toonami

Does saving them include mechanizing them, putting little lasers on their heads, and sending them to war against the wasp menace? Because I'd be down for that.

• SwimLegend

mthor said:

Do you know anything at all about bees besides that they buzz and sting? (shakes head)

Of course not but I think the OP might be Viperslayer, so of course Zeni had to come in here and be contrary even at the cost of sounding stupid

Oh bother...

• SwimLegend

Try learning something
    http://guides.library.harvard.edu/c.php?g=310733&p=2072758

And the source is Harvard so pound sand if that doesn't pass your smell test

Oh bother...

• Other Anime

Muscle, muscle! Hustle, hustle!

• Check It Out!

mthor said:

It's not just the climate - there's also been a mite that has been killing them, at least here in NY. A friend of my dad's had been beekeeping for years, and had all of his hives (about a dozen) wiped out by it.

That could also be part of the issue here but as far as I know the climate is the major issue. We've had unseasonably warm February days the last 5 years or so. The warmth brings the bees out cuz they think winter is over and they start their pollination, but the nights stay cold (30-40 degrees) and the bees die from it.

• SwimVIP Banned

Let them die, once and for all.

Or at least only contain them in bio-domes. I'm so glad I see less and less of them every year.

"Wait, I don't remember 'Allahu Akbar' being in the lyrics..." - Eagles Of Death Metal

• Thunder Goddess

Yeah - we've been having that problem with some of the fruit trees - a couple of warm weeks in February, and some of them start to bud, then it drops back down in March...

• Babbling

Bee slave drivers. Why don't you pollinate the flowers yerself!?

• SwimNinja

I watched one of those alien "documentaries" that claimed aliens were causing the bees to disappear in order to make the planet uninhabitable to us.

Here in Cloud Cuckoo Land, there are no rules: There's no government, no baby sitters, no bedtimes, no frowny faces, no bushy mustaches, and no negativity of any kind. And there's also no consistency.

• Swimuminati

1pooh4u said:

mthor said:

Of course not but I think the OP might be Viperslayer, so of course Zeni had to come in here and be contrary even at the cost of sounding stupid

you basically nailed it right there

topic doesn't matter, he just has to be contrary for the sake of doing so

am I smilin enough? am I smilin too much? am I tucked in and buckled, do my tits touch? hi, how are you, how high are you?
    less teeth and more tits its never enough. you'll never be good enough.

• Thunder Goddess

ThorsPenor said:

Bee slave drivers. Why don't you pollinate the flowers yerself!?

Because my neighbors are elderly, and it would probably kill all of them to see me around and about, shaking my butt amongst the blossoms.