the insane Backstories of the girls in Tenchi Muyo**spoilers**
226   9

• Toonami

Aeka
    : was in an Arranged marriage to her older Brother Yosho, Yosho, thinking this disgusting(and already being in love with another woman named Airi) fled to earth under the guise of getting revenge on Ryoko....Aeka then Chases Ryoko to earth and finds Tenchi, her nephew...and falls in love with him

Sasami
    : Aeka's sister, died when she was a toddler and merged with a goddess named Tsunami to stay alive, said Goddess being one of 3 sister Goddesses who created the universe

Washu
    : is one of the other 2 Goddesses, after her first attempt to create life ended in Disaster she wiped her memory of being a goddess and sealed her memories and powers into 3 gemstones, she then turned herself into a Human infant and left herself to be found by some nuns who raised her, she later became a scientist and started researching the 3 gems she was found with(and at some point figured out what they were and that she was a goddess), at some point she fell in love with and had a child with Mihoshi's grandfather, that child ultimately gave birth to Mihoshi, making Mihoshi her Grandaughter

Mihoshi
    : is Washu's granddaughter, was once just as brilliant and hyper competent as Washu, but at some point she was in an arranged marriage with a terrible asshole who abused her, ultimately his abuse caused her to attempt suicide, and the suicide attempt left her with brain damage explaining her current idiotic and clumsy personality

Ryoko
    : is washu's Daughter...and a Demigoddess, after discovering what the Gems were Washu began engineering lifeforms that could utilize their power, the only successful specimen was Ryoko(there was a previous successful specimen but it is believed to have been destroyed, we'll go into that later)

Ryo-ohki
    : is Tenchi's Dead pet cat reincarnated into Ryoko's Spaceship....seriously
    she later absorbs some amoeba things from Washu's lab and gains a human form becoming a proper member of Tenchi's harem due to her now being humanoid

Noike/OVA Kiyone Makibi (easily the most bizzare Backstory)
    : was a clone of a (belived to be) dead friend of Washu, her Original name was Kagato, she was apperently evil at the time and stole and merged with a male prototype of Ryoko, becoming hermaphroditic and a space pirate who abducted washu and stole her ship the Soja, at some point she figured out she could split her female half off, and she did, resulting in two Kagatos, one all male, and one all female, Male Kagato then tried to kill female Kagato but failed, Female Kagato was then taken by a woman who used her to trick a man into Marrying her claiming that She was his daughter, she was then put up for Adoption and raised by Aeka's Grandmother Seto and given the name Noike Kamiki Jurai, she grew up to be Mihoshi's (who she hates) Galaxy police partner

more elaboration on the deceased friend of Washu

while Washu was studying as a scientist her classmate and best friend was a woman named Naja Akara, at some point She was transporting one of Ryoko's Prototypes somewhere for some reason and her ship exploded, in the wreckage they found a baby with green hair(all of Ryoko's Prototypes had green hair occording to backstory) who looked Just like Naja, the Baby was adopted by the Jurai Royal family and grew up to be Aeka's Grandmother Seto kamiki Jurai....Seto might be a fusion of Naja and the Ryoko prototype...since we know this is possible, due to Naja's Clone Kagato doing the exact same thing but it was never confirmed....in OVA 3 Washu meets and gives Seto a Check-up, and seems to discover something that makes her happy while looking over Seto's genetic readout, after this scene she and Seto behave as if they are old friends, which might be a hint that she is Naja, if so

Sasami and Washu's third sister Tokimi may also be a member of the harem...but nobody is sure, and nothing about her Backstory has really been revealed

• Banned

Every Tenchi series is in a different multiverse, so trying to keep any backstory straight is pointless =P

• SwimParagon

I'm going to pretend I understood Kiyone's backstory...

"I feel like I should be banning way more of you." -- SwimMod_Luuv

• Toonami

Okay, Mihoshi's backstory comes off as less bizarre and more depressing.

The only thing worse than maggots who want HxH removed based on personal preference are maggots who betray a show they love just because its ratings aren't to their liking. Also Ayumu.

http://pokenirvash.imgur.com/
    https://pokenirvash2.wordpress.com/

I never cared for Tenchi Muyo.

• Toonami

Poke_Nirvash said:

Okay, Mihoshi's backstory comes off as less bizarre and more depressing.

yeah hers is the most normal....which is weird cause she's technically a demigoddess being that her grandmother is actually a Goddess

• Toonami

PerfectFlowingHair said:

yeah Noike(which is her name in the main canon) makes no sense as a character....it may be part of why American tenchi Fans hate the third OVA

that and because her Character design is VERY different in OVA 3, leading some to think she's a different character alltogether

http://ami.animecharactersdatabase.com/uploads/chars/9180-1475027.jpg

OVA kiyone/Noike

http://statici.behindthevoiceactors.com/behindthevoiceactors/_img/chars/kiyone-tenchi-universe-70.5.jpg

Kiyone in every other series

but occording to kajishima they are essentially the same character, the Kiyone in all the other series was based on an early design for Noike he had drawn so she and Noike are the same person in everything but name

• Toonami

Daosguard said:

Every Tenchi series is in a different multiverse, so trying to keep any backstory straight is pointless =P

actually there's about 5 different canons

the main canon which includes
    the OVA's
    GXP
    Dual Paralel Trouble Adventure, and
    War on Geminar

the Universe canon which also includes the some of the movies

the "in Tokyo" canon which is completely seperate by itself

and the "Daugher of Darkness" canon, which is also seperate from all the others

• SwimSuperStar

mochi said:

PerfectFlowingHair said:

yeah Noike(which is her name in the main canon) makes no sense as a character....it may be part of why American tenchi Fans hate the third OVA

that and because her Character design is VERY different in OVA 3, leading some to think she's a different character alltogether

http://ami.animecharactersdatabase.com/uploads/chars/9180-1475027.jpg

OVA kiyone/Noike

http://statici.behindthevoiceactors.com/behindthevoiceactors/_img/chars/kiyone-tenchi-universe-70.5.jpg

Kiyone in every other series

but occording to kajishima they are essentially the same character, the Kiyone in all the other series was based on an early design for Noike he had drawn so she and Noike are the same person in everything but name

You made me upload this....too creepy....http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/artemisofabh/Mobile Uploads/Capture_2016-07-31-20-20-11.png

In the words of the great Candela....NERF THIS!