My mom says I shouldn't get a PhD in English
260   9

She thinks I'd make a better politician instead. I explained to her that I have no interest in politics and that my future is in academia.

• IB

well i mean getting a Ph.d in English only really gives you one field to really go into. I can understand why so you won't be pigeon held into whatever schools are in that area.

This sig is an awesome sig. :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: - InsaneFox
    some of us are good at suck - discolemonade

• Banned

I think you'd be better at math. :|

CV01

• Helper

Yes, you'll be especially motivated to buss tables when you have to pay interest on all of those student loans

Haha I'll wait for that bubble to burst before I send any more payments in.

I can't see you getting a PHD in anything but butt-chugging.

Lol

• Other Anime

If you wanna be a professor, go the long haul and aim for an expertise in English. If you've already got your Masters, then you've got a good feel for academic writing with a little teaching on the side. If articles and wrangling college students sounds like the perfect work environment, then that's what you should try to seek

Muscle, muscle! Hustle, hustle!

I predict you will get your PhD by age 57

"What do you mean lower myself? That's the only thing I've ever been. Just a simple human that couldn't save a little girl" -Edward Elric