i dont understand the hate for skyrim even after 5 years
103   8

• SwimStar

how is it a bad game.
    like at all.
    it's fun and varied with it's gameplay, and yeah the story leaves a little to be desired, but what game doesn't.
    i can understand calling it mindless fun and thinking it's boring.
    but how is a terrible game?

"Right. Because it seems to me that you’re exhibiting symptoms of depression, low self worth and anxiety."
    "Those are all different things, right?"

• SwimParagon

I didn't know there was hate for Skyrim...

"I feel like I should be banning way more of you." -- SwimMod_Luuv

I was thinking the same thing.

You called down the thunder. Well, now you've got it!

PerfectFlowingHair said:

I didn't know there was hate for Skyrim...

my thoughts exactly.

Money is a motherfucking joke.
    Forty bald eagles sewn onto a coat.
    Zoo with the crib, mermaid in the moat.

• Banned

Every dungeon basically has 1 of 8 skins and they are poorly designed layout wise......I think most of them were randomized iirc

Battle is a snore......every fight can be bested with a strafe and shot mechanic

At first glance the NPCs seem intelligent but after 10 hours you realize only like 10% of them are slightly unique

Smithing

The overworld, while indeed beautiful, is really just a chore to traverse

Fusrohdahing yeties never gets old though.

The game relies on mods to stay relevant.

If you need adventure you should just play Dark/Demon souls.......You'll be less bored.

You were banned. It fills you with determination

• SwimStar

around the time it was released there were a lot of threads about it on vidya forums, more so ign
    i've been seeing it on mal and /vg/ for a while now too

"Right. Because it seems to me that you’re exhibiting symptoms of depression, low self worth and anxiety."

• SwimStar

CyberBully360 said:

Every dungeon basically has 1 of 8 skins and they are poorly designed layout wise......I think most of them were randomized iirc

Battle is a snore......every fight can be bested with a strafe and shot mechanic

At first glance the NPCs seem intelligent but after 10 hours you realize only like 10% of them are slightly unique

Smithing

The overworld, while indeed beautiful, is really just a chore to traverse

Fusrohdahing yeties never gets old though.

The game relies on mods to stay relevant.

If you need adventure you should just play Dark/Demon souls.......You'll be less bored.

skyrim was my first real rpg outside of ninty, so i didn't have a problem with the dungeons tbh, the falmer ones were really annoying though. the only gripe i had with the combat was that if i wanted to be a mage, the grinding it'd take to be able to keep progressing the story while becoming one, was a lot harder than learning how to do other stuff like dual wielding/archery/two handed weapons, the latter of which i thought was pretty much useless on master.

• SwimIcon

it's not a bad game.

glitchy as hell and sometimes repetitive, but not bad.