Is SuperJail done with?
590   16

Pretty sure the last episode made was like a year ago....

Its f**king awesome why doesnt it come on anymore?

Not sure. Haven't seen it.

• Assy McGee Banned

Adult Swim doesn't like to air good original programming anymore. They attracted too many robots to deviate.

• Banned

While I like Super Jail more than a lot of the other shit that's being churrned out on Williams St., It's not a good show by any means.........It's unfunny, crudely drawn and animated, and panders to the lowest common denominator that finds a muscular woman with a bulge, and constant dismemberment funny.

It doesn't even try on any level other than that......The only episode that looked like they actually hired a writing team was the one where they put the Warden on trial for shit he hasn't even done yet........The theme song was the best thing about it.

You were banned. It fills you with determination

• Banned

No idea. It could be another Metalcoaypse situation where Adult Swim just went "We're done!" and is squatting on the license.

• SwimVIP

Its canceled.

It would have been canceled after season 1 if it wasn''t for Titmouse.

• SwimSuperFan Banned

I don't think Su'jal ever officially got cancelled, but they haven't agreed to fund a new season, so yeah.

And besides: [adult swim] might as well be "The Rick & Morty Network" nowadays, plus some anime.

I have reached acceptance.

Blatch's Toonami Ratings Timeline

Escalator

• Wednesdays: Squid Girl (in my dedicated thread)
    • Sundays: TBA
    • Random days: Re:ZERO (anime watching thread, w/ commentary on Imgur)

• ShoeHands

Wouldnt be surprised.

Williams Street seems to be run by idiots these days. Rather than make good shows that bring in people they make crap that even the most devoted stoner doesnt find funny.

I could never lie to you, You're like the greatest pot smoking republican hippie I know.-1POOH4U

I hope so.

• SwimSuperFan Banned

Master-Debater131 said:

Wouldnt be surprised.

Williams Street seems to be run by idiots these days. Rather than make good shows that bring in people they make crap that even the most devoted stoner doesnt find funny.

Actually, I thought the problem was that they were trying go mainstream (hence the R&M focus) and proceeded to whiff at it. In layman's terms, they cancelled shows like Metalocalypse and Aqua Teen so they could target people other than stoners.

At least Mike Tyson Mysteries is funny... well, if you can get past its troubled star.

Escalator

CyberBully360 said:

crudely drawn and animated,

Now now...
    Everything else, sure.
    But the show is eye candy.
    The kind of show to watch stoned.

The professor sat down, utterly defeated by the young man's overwhelming brilliance.
    That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

• ShoeHands

Thats a pretty stupid idea actually. (what they are doing, not you)

R&M and Robot Chicken are their two big draws right now. Toonami does its own thing so im not focusing on that.
    Sure, those two are mainstream. You need one or two mainstream shows to bring people to the table. Its what you do after that that matters, and thats where WS is failing badly. Get rid of shit like Decker and bring back good AS programming. Yes im talking Metaloclypse and AQTF. Those were great shows that you could easily put after a mainstream show to keep people watching.

Thats really their problem, they are making no attempt to keep viewers after those big name shows finish. You watch R&M or RC and then its followed up by crap that gets people to turn away. They dont have to make an entire network worth of watchable programming, just a few hours. If they cant even do that then they need to find a new line of work.

They also need to stop dick riding McFarlane and all of his shows. Knock that entire bloc way down and put something else in there, even if it is reruns of old AS shows.

I could never lie to you, You're like the greatest pot smoking republican hippie I know.-1POOH4U

• SwimSuperFan Banned

By that logic, I can assume that [adult swim] vetted Mr. Pickles to be SJ's replacement.

And... well, it probably isn't working out.

Escalator

• Banned

Mr. Pickles is at least 10 times as bad as SJ was.

POOP

Blatch0 said:

By that logic, I can assume that [adult swim] vetted Mr. Pickles to be SJ's replacement.

And... well, it probably isn't working out.

Kinda.
    But that show is even a little too edgy for me.

The professor sat down, utterly defeated by the young man's overwhelming brilliance.
    That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

• Helper

It has not been official cancelled, at least that is what Christy said much earlier this year. He has been working on a new pilot (possible series?) set to air this year at some point. Here is the new shows title and some info > >

Ballmastrz 9669 – Thousands of years in the future no one cares about traditional sports anymore. The only game that matters is THE GAME, and the new breed of heroes that play it: BALLMASTRZ. Inside giant battle arenas the size of a small city, teams of Ballmastrz face off against each other using their own hyper-creative artificially intelligent combat weapons to attack, defend, and score. These are the BALLS. Obstacles and challenges test the physical, mental, and psychological limits of the players while entertaining the masses. The player or team that masters their Ball will master The Game in the most spectacular action sport ever played. This quarter-hour animated series is created by Christy Karacas (Superjail!) and produced by Titmouse.