I don't want to vote for Hillary, but I am going to reluctantly....
3047   92

• Banned

I seriously wish Jill Stein or Gary Johnson had enough support to get elected this year. I think that they have record high support for any 3rd part candidates since Ross Perot is very promising though...

I hope that in 2020 I'll be able to vote 3rd party and it actually have a chance to win.

That said there is just too much f**king awful shit that has come out of Donald's mouth lately for me to want to give him the Presidency. Not to mention that more importantly it will give a significant amount of power to the Republican party which I am not willing to do given their current platform.

What am I talking about you might ask?

And this comes after this:

This is the last straw for me, I was keeping an open mind up to this point about the man. Not saying I was necessarily in support of him before, but this has made me a decided voter. I will be voting Democrat for the first time in my life in November.

There are other things I do not like and find horrendous about the man, such as his idiotic border wall (which won't happen even if he pushed for it), his ill advised muslim ban, his support for anti-gay legislators, vice president, and republican platform calling for forced conversion therapy for gay children, and numerous others.

This was the last straw for me though. Hang it up Trump, you're not getting my vote I have too many friends who served in Iraq and Afghanistan to let someone like you who openly mocks men and women in the Armed Services just because they disagree with your bid for President.

• IB

I'm voting for megatron

• SwimVIP

Ouch my head.

And the Universe said, "Let there be Zeni's YouTube Channel". And so it was. And it was good.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Zenigundam

• Check It Out!

If more people would vote independent instead of saying "i would but it doesnt matter" then it actually would matter...

• SwimVIP

Define "more people". I'm pretty sure a third-party candidate getting even 1% of the popular vote would be an achievement.

And the Universe said, "Let there be Zeni's YouTube Channel". And so it was. And it was good.

• SwimPunk Banned

Chocolate_Soda said:

If more people would vote independent instead of saying "i would but it doesnt matter" then it actually would matter...

no it wouldn't., don't throw away your vote and let that crazy man in office.

• Banned

Yes, but only if that person has a realistic chance of winning the election. Because people are not organized around these 3rd party candidates this election it won't make a difference.

What needs to happen is we need to bite the bullet this election, vote in Hillary and then actively try to for a unified 3rd party with mass grass roots support with disenfranchised Democrats and Republicans the next 4 years. That will be the only chance for a 3rd party to realistically get elected anytime soon.

• Check It Out!

Fugglyfe said:

Chocolate_Soda said:

People dont realize that a vote for independent hurts both Dem and Rep parties...it doesnt help either one...

• Check It Out!

Zenigundam said:

Define "more people". I'm pretty sure a third-party candidate getting even 1% of the popular vote would be an achievement.

More as in enough to win an election? What did you think more means? Less?

• SwimVIP

That would never happen though.

• Banned

For me it's not about hurting either party, nor do I think it should be. I would vote 3rd party if they had enough support to get elected. I have always voted for people whom I most agreed with that would get elected. And unfortunately that is Hillary this election.

• SwimPunk Banned

Chocolate_Soda said:

Fugglyfe said:

Chocolate_Soda said:

People dont realize that a vote for independent hurts both Dem and Rep parties...it doesnt help either one...

white racists that never voted before are coming out in droves to vote for trump. voting independent only helps trump.

• Check It Out!

But the point im making is that if every person who says its impossible would do it instead of settling for a major party candidate, then it wouldnt be impossible. Giving up and giving in is what makes it impossible.

• SwimVIP

Yeah but you could say that about anything. If every person stopped coming here for a certain period of time, the ASMB would be shut down.

• SwimVIP

We're talking 'bout the here and now.

• Banned

I'm not giving up on it. I want to see it happen. If we plan for it to happen in 2020 and actually get active support for these parties in the next 4 years it will have a chance.

As it is now, the notion of "well if everyone did X, then X will happen" is a true statement logically. That is totally different from what could actually happen this election. We have 4 months left, that is not enough time to get a 3rd party candidate enough support to get elected. Something this drastic on a national scale can not happen over night, especially when the majority of voting Americans are highly uneducated when it comes to positions of the actual parties they are voting for.

Some serious work will have to be done to get these parties in a position of actual contest with the established two party system. This is not something a few like minded people can simply throw some votes at.

The way I look at it is: am I willing to let someone into office that openly supports party positions and would enable them to hate and discriminate against minorities, make outlandish and ignorant claims about science such as stemcell research and climate change, and now has shown little to no respect for military members. This compounded by the fact that Trump has not given a thoroughly detailed explanation of his economic plans (which is his possible one selling point imo). Am I ok with letting my vote go to a third party candidate to make a statement, instead of putting my vote behind his opposition which can get elected this year? The answer is no, at this point I am not willing to do that.

• Lord Of the Munge Façade

Stein and Johnson are not great candidates.

None of them are.

Vote for Al Gore.

So Luuv hooked me up with a custom rank.

Which means I only have two more prizes to claim, plus an image sig.

So that's where we stand.

• Special Snowflake

Chocolate_Soda said:

Fugglyfe said:

Chocolate_Soda said:

What people like you can't get through your thick heads is that people aren't not-voting for Trump to vote independent. They're only doing it to Hillary.

So no, it's not hurting both parties.

• SwimPeanut

Trump is NOT racist!!! He wants to stop ILLEGAL immigrants!! ILLEGAL, why can't any of you get that?! That's not racist, that's common sense!

And you want Hillary? Congradulations, when this country ends up with so many people it gets overcrowded to the extreme, drugs cover this land, and ISIS people sneak in here with no problem and start blowing everyone up, you can take pride in the fact that you voted for a woman that allowed them to come!

The same woman who bribed the FBI to get off, hired two people to come to the DNC and recite a speech she wrote to get more votes for her, basically shrugged her shoulders when asked about the acts in Bengazi that killed at least 4 solders, and who w***es out her "husband" (who also got away with perjury) in order to get more votes! Yeah, she's a winner!

Some days, some nights, some live, some die in the name of the Samurai!

Never underestimate a woman!

See ya, Space Cowboys and Cowgirls!

• Lord Of the Munge Façade

the quarian.

So Luuv hooked me up with a custom rank.

Which means I only have two more prizes to claim, plus an image sig.

So that's where we stand.

• SwimPunk Banned

you want some barely competent and borderline insane to run the country instead?