4

Boycott Shonen Jump
81714   785

  • Toonami Banned
    4

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dqtq3LKHXw

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72YGQrrZX-E

    Because they cancelled Bleach and force-market One Piece to the detriment of all other series. The magazine and editors don't like Kubo and conspired against him, stopped promoting Bleach, even though the series still does good volume sales. Bleach hasn't hasn't gotten the cover in forever. We now know the so-called "reader popularity rankings" are decided by the guy who runs the magazine. It's been a sham all along. Burn in hell, Shonen Jump.

    @Toonami
    @Other-Anime


  • 0

    Just got a notification that you mentioned me. What's up?


  • 2

    I'm already doing that.

    "What do you mean lower myself? That's the only thing I've ever been. Just a simple human that couldn't save a little girl" -Edward Elric


  • SwimStar
    0

    there's been a lot of times where the series just kept getting somehow worse, so if they really hated kubo, i'm sure they would've ended it at any of those points.

    "Right. Because it seems to me that you’re exhibiting symptoms of depression, low self worth and anxiety."
    "Those are all different things, right?"


  • Toonami Banned
    0

    They don't care if a series is bad as long as it still does good sales. The volumes still sell well. So why cancel it now?


  • Toonami Banned
    0

    It's a general notification for anyone in the Toonami group, not you specifically. Though the site staff should probably change the notification message.


  • SwimSuperHero
    0

    I've been boycotting Shonen Jump ever since they became digital.
    I don't see what wrong with marketing One Piece though. It's a great manga.

    Sure the anime has been going downhill because of bad pacing and filler in the episodes, but the manga
    is still good. Sorry they canceled Bleach. I've never cared for it, but I know a lot of other people do.

    Usopp Fanatic since 2003.


  • Toonami Banned
    0

    I was considering getting the digital version from Viz, but I'm sure as f**k not going to now.

    Watch the first video. All they do is w***e out One Piece and nothing else. Almost no other series get marketing, promotion, or magazine covers. It's just One Piece One Piece One Piece. The new One Piece movie is apparently a bigger deal than Nisekoi or Bleach getting covers for their finales. What a load of crap.


  • SwimSuperHero
    0

    I love One Piece, but that's not right. Other titles should get covers too.
    Bleach should get a Shonen Jump cover since it's ending.

    What titles are in Shonen Jump now?
    Last issue I have from 2012, they had Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, Bakuman,
    Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, Toriko, Psyren, and Yu-gi-oh 5D's.

    Usopp Fanatic since 2003.


  • Swimuminati
    0

    scope85 said:

    I'm already doing that.


  • Toonami
    0

    Hollow_Gojira said:

    I was considering getting the digital version from Viz, but I'm sure as f**k not going to now.

    Watch the first video. All they do is w***e out One Piece and nothing else. Almost no other series get marketing, promotion, or magazine covers. It's just One Piece One Piece One Piece. The new One Piece movie is apparently a bigger deal than Nisekoi or Bleach getting covers for their finales. What a load of crap.

    You know Viz isn't really the one whoring out One Piece. That is Shueshia who publishes the Japanese WSJ magazine. Viz does promote numerous manga series and not just One Piece like you seem to think.

    Was Called a Hipster by Ben
    Hold The Door


  • Toonami
    0

    blueraven1999 said:

    I love One Piece, but that's not right. Other titles should get covers too.
    Bleach should get a Shonen Jump cover since it's ending.

    What titles are in Shonen Jump now?
    Last issue I have from 2012, they had Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, Bakuman,
    Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, Toriko, Psyren, and Yu-gi-oh 5D's.

    The Japanese version of WSJ has mostly no name series now. Only ones of note would be My Hero Academia, World Trigger, and Food Wars. But that's just me.

    Was Called a Hipster by Ben
    Hold The Door


  • Helper
    1

    Really. You're going with the theory that Bleach is doing great, and the magazine is blatantly lying about it so they can cancel the series because...they just really dislike Kubo way more than they enjoy making money? Any business doing that kind of practice is not a business that stays around long, let alone almost 50 years. Unless you're suggesting that Kubo is just so unappealing to work with, it's worth them losing out on millions of dollars to be rid of him?


  • SwimSuperFan Banned
    2

    I think it's the average person's fault for having cared about Bleach for this long.

    I have reached acceptance.

    Blatch's Toonami Ratings Timeline

    Escalator

    • Wednesdays: Squid Girl (in my dedicated thread)
    • Sundays: TBA
    • Random days: Re:ZERO (anime watching thread, w/ commentary on Imgur)

  • Banned
    1

    Kubo should have been canned years ago.


  • 2

    Why would anyone care enough about Bleach for this to matter?

    Have they never seen a good series before?


  • Toonami
    2

    naraku360 said:

    Why would anyone care enough about Bleach for this to matter?

    Have they never seen a good series before?

    Maybe they were waiting for Hiatus x Hiatus

    Was Called a Hipster by Ben
    Hold The Door


  • 1

    Who cares.

    You called down the thunder. Well, now you've got it!


  • Toonami Banned
    0

    Venomlord said:

    Hollow_Gojira said:

    I was considering getting the digital version from Viz, but I'm sure as f**k not going to now.

    Watch the first video. All they do is w***e out One Piece and nothing else. Almost no other series get marketing, promotion, or magazine covers. It's just One Piece One Piece One Piece. The new One Piece movie is apparently a bigger deal than Nisekoi or Bleach getting covers for their finales. What a load of crap.

    You know Viz isn't really the one whoring out One Piece. That is Shueshia who publishes the Japanese WSJ magazine. Viz does promote numerous manga series and not just One Piece like you seem to think.

    Viz does the stateside Shonen Jump and if I subscribed to that I'd be giving Shueisha money too, who is doing the One Piece whoring. Never said Viz just did One Piece.


  • Toonami Banned
    0

    naraku360 said:

    Why would anyone care enough about Bleach for this to matter?

    Have they never seen a good series before?

    Even though it has its issues, I still like the series. Others did as well.


  • 0

    I dunno how I feel about HxH.

    I got 36 episodes in and it's good for a shonen series.

    Which isn't too much of a feat, as shonen series have the penchant for being garbage.

    And despite how good it's supposed to get, I have so little motivation to continue it's almost unbearable. I don't hate it when I watch it. I just don't feel anything when I watch it, and get bored when things don't make me react.


Log in to reply