4

Never had to troubleshoot a playstation before..
771   31

  • IB
    0

    PS4's are starting to look like junk to me.. I havent even had

    this thing a year and I've been having problems with it syncing

    with my tv out of nowhere. I'm pretty sure it's nothing with the

    cables and connections, but I'll check again if safe mode

    doesnt work. >:|

    whatevah..


  • Banned
    1

    Guess I'll ask the first thing that popped into my head.....Used or new.

    You were banned. It fills you with determination


  • IB
    0

    New I took the thing out of the box like 3 or

    four months ago..

    whatevah..


  • SwimNinja
    0

    I've had mine since they came out and no real problems, except for this annoying thing where when I try to watch dvds/bluerays with it I have to switch the input of the TV from hdmi to something else and then back after I play the disc from the desktop or whatever you want to call it.

    Otherwise has been fine.

    Here in Cloud Cuckoo Land, there are no rules: There's no government, no baby sitters, no bedtimes, no frowny faces, no bushy mustaches, and no negativity of any kind. And there's also no consistency.


  • Babbling
    0

    Turn off synching

    problem solved

    profit!


  • IB
    0

    It worked fine all day yesterday.. I know there's some kind of

    rest mode glitch, but I've laready took all the cables off,

    unplugged it, and I think I just tried afe mode...

    which if I do get it working is gonna erase all my game data

    I hear, if so.. Fvck you sony I'm getting a wii u,

    Your bullshit is ready for the 30 dollar trash

    heap right out of the store..

    whatevah..


  • Babbling
    0

    PrincessUnikitty said:

    I've had mine since they came out and no real problems, except for this annoying thing where when I try to watch dvds/bluerays with it I have to switch the input of the TV from hdmi to something else and then back after I play the disc from the desktop or whatever you want to call it.

    Otherwise has been fine.

    Mine does the same thing. So annoying.

    Currently my PS4 spits out the disc if it's laying horizontally. It also turns on for no reason. I googled some forum advice and someone suggested to stand it up vertically. Works fine now.


  • IB
    0

    @ThorsPenor Turn off syncing??

    the thing has to fvckin show up on my tv

    or else it's useless.. that's all I want it to fvcking do.

    whatevah..


  • SwimHero
    0

    maybe you could have sony fix it?

    Janeway Rules!


  • IB
    0

    I'm gonna try leaving the power cord unplugged for a bit

    while I sip this and smoke a cig. I'm too fvckin pissed right now.

    whatevah..


  • Babbling
    0

    Philosipher_Stoned said:

    @ThorsPenor Turn off syncing??

    the thing has to fvckin show up on my tv

    or else it's useless.. that's all I want it to fvcking do.

    My tv automatically detects my PS4 when I hook up the HDMI cord. Why does your tv have to "sync"?


  • IB
    0

    @distorted_reasoning fantastic idea... It should still be

    under some kind of warranty since it's so new..

    whatevah..


  • SwimHero
    0

    i remember when my wii u was acting up and nintendo was able to fix it. though it was past due its warranty and the thing cost $110 to get it shipped and repaired. hopefully you still covered.

    Janeway Rules!


  • IB
    0

    @ThorsPenor I just have a standard little ass

    tv, but it's not detecting my ps4, or some bullshit...

    it goes from blue to white without a start up screen ever

    showing up, the tv just stays on input3..

    anyway themanager at gamestop did spit some dumb

    sounding mumbojumbo about if it doesnt connect

    to your tv push the power button until you here all

    these random sequences of beeps. WWWW TTT FFFF

    is it with sony and beeps!!!!!!!! cut that shit out and give

    me a normal power button that doesn't need a manual

    just by itself.

    whatevah..


  • Banned
    0

    ThorsPenor said:

    PrincessUnikitty said:

    I've had mine since they came out and no real problems, except for this annoying thing where when I try to watch dvds/bluerays with it I have to switch the input of the TV from hdmi to something else and then back after I play the disc from the desktop or whatever you want to call it.

    Otherwise has been fine.

    Mine does the same thing. So annoying.

    Currently my PS4 spits out the disc if it's laying horizontally. It also turns on for no reason. I googled some forum advice and someone suggested to stand it up vertically. Works fine now.

    ITT, the shittiest PS4s ever.

    I watch DVDs on mine all the time.....The only problem I have is when I try to watch DVDs I "make" and it stops playback because of Cinavia, but really that's just because I haven't bothered to figure out how to stop it from connecting to the internet without disabling the modem......I have to play those on regular DVD players so Cinavia can't detect it.

    That's a copyright issue though, not a PS4 one.

    You were banned. It fills you with determination


  • Babbling
    1

    Well it sounds like either your tv isn't receiving a signal. Make sure the tv is off. Unplug the HDMI and then replug it back into the tv. Then turn on the tv and then the PS4.

    If that doesn't work, do what the GameStop nerd told you. Hold the power button on the PS4 for 8 seconds until it goes to safe mode. Then restart your PS4.


  • IB
    0

    well I've tried everything.. prolly not, but it's not worth it

    at this point.

    whatevah..


  • IB
    0

    @ThorsPenor it could be the tv... I'm using a cheap ass 20

    inch I bought like 6 years ago...

    sad part is I already tried safe mode.

    oh well..

    whatevah..


  • SwimNinja
    0

    I mean I watch stuff on mine all the time as well, just have to flip from HDMI to like TV or something then back. More annoying then anything.

    Here in Cloud Cuckoo Land, there are no rules: There's no government, no baby sitters, no bedtimes, no frowny faces, no bushy mustaches, and no negativity of any kind. And there's also no consistency.


  • Babbling
    0

    CyberBully360 said:

    ThorsPenor said:

    PrincessUnikitty said:

    I've had mine since they came out and no real problems, except for this annoying thing where when I try to watch dvds/bluerays with it I have to switch the input of the TV from hdmi to something else and then back after I play the disc from the desktop or whatever you want to call it.

    Otherwise has been fine.

    Mine does the same thing. So annoying.

    Currently my PS4 spits out the disc if it's laying horizontally. It also turns on for no reason. I googled some forum advice and someone suggested to stand it up vertically. Works fine now.

    ITT, the shittiest PS4s ever.

    I watch DVDs on mine all the time.....The only problem I have is when I try to watch DVDs I "make" and it stops playback because of Cinavia, but really that's just because I haven't bothered to figure out how to stop it from connecting to the internet without disabling the modem......I have to play those on regular DVD players so Cinavia can't detect it.

    That's a copyright issue though, not a PS4 one.

    Will turning off the automatic internet launch feature help? I know nothing of bypassing copyright stuff.


  • IB
    0

    oh shit finally..

    whatevah..


Log in to reply