Ghostbusters (2016) - Nostalgia Critic review
820   17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORS3CqPTgDg

pretty good in my opinion.

The professor sat down, utterly defeated by the young man's overwhelming brilliance.
    That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

Tom Green reviews movies now?

"What do you mean lower myself? That's the only thing I've ever been. Just a simple human that couldn't save a little girl" -Edward Elric

ou

The professor sat down, utterly defeated by the young man's overwhelming brilliance.
    That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

• IB

It'd be cool if he went back to actually reviewing movies instead of making these over-produced yet still shitty sketches.

• Banned

Yeah that honestly was not good, I dropped it after a few minutes.

Never really liked the Nostalgia Critic. His jokes have always overshadowed the reviews and his jokes are so, so bad.

It's pretty cringey to see him critique the humor in something else. Not even implying the new Ghostbusters is or isn't funny. I have about as much interest in seeing it as I have in revisiting the old ones: practically none.

More that Nostalgia Critic really isn't one to talk about what is or isn't funny, given he's a terrible comedian.

• SwimSuperHero

The review was good, but AVGN's is the best.
    The people who hate the new Ghostbusters movie and that are refusing to see it are
    right.

Usopp Fanatic since 2003.

Greeny said:

It'd be cool if he went back to actually reviewing movies instead of making these over-produced yet still shitty sketches.

well he has to to avoid copyright stuff.
    but yeah i agreed.

That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

• IB

UncivillyPandaKa said:

Greeny said:

but yeah i agreed.

Fair use. We know Youtube has been treating that poorly lately but it still applies no matter what they say about it. Plus, his videos are on his own site. Youtube isn't his main platform.

Greeny said:

UncivillyPandaKa said:

Greeny said:

but yeah i agreed.

Fair use. We know Youtube has been treating that poorly lately but it still applies no matter what they say about it. Plus, his videos are on his own site. Youtube isn't his main platform.

Except for the fact NC has particular abused by the copyrights and the like, even on his personal site.
    He was almost sued numerous times and even was one of the first ones to talk about how fair use has been abused on YT.
    His whole What The Fair Use thing was a whole thing.
    And while YT isnt his main platform, it still has the largest audience, and thus the most to gain.
    I mean the guy does do this for a living... As do many content creators.
    It also doesnt help that scumbags use stuff like Adblock... like me.

That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

• Banned

Like every Youtube celebrity, after they make a few bucks they start doing completely shit videos like this one.

They forget who their fan base is and start to pander to the elitist crowds because Youtube just isn't enough and they think it will catapult them into actual production.

It wont, the industry hates you.

• Banned

FatRacistMamasBoy said:

Like every Youtube celebrity, after they make a few bucks they start doing completely shit videos like this one.

They forget who their fan base is and start to pander to the elitist crowds because Youtube just isn't enough and they think it will catapult them into actual production.

It wont, the industry hates you.

AVGN is still solid, and way better than his early vids.

• Banned

Funny, because he's EXACTLY who I had in mind when I made this post.

He has no edge anymore and forcing tired rants into your videos because I haven't heard "shitload of f**k" enough times is just a sad cry for attention.

What he should have done was take his money and make his indie films like a good boy, not drag out his review of several Mega Man games with some time leaping skit that could bore a person to suicide.

Back when he had guest stars like Bugs, and Freddy and the Joker, it was ok but now it's just one yawn after another.

• Banned

MM disagree. Plus the Ninja Gaiden review is just plain awesome. So is the Superman 64 review. HOW CAN I BE STUCK WHEN THERE'S SO MUCH ROOOOOOM????

I'd never even heard of CDI or saw it advertised when I was a kid, so you actually learn interesting stuff watching.

I had no idea there was this 800 dollar gaming system that had 3 horrible Zelda games on it before watching AVGN.

• Banned

Every review you mentioned is old as shit.

Here, watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3iEn5rzMnw

Then realize this is exactly who he is now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz8X2A7wHyQ

• Other Anime

I feel like back when I kept up with NC that his in-character reviews were better than his actual opinion. It would just get awkward when a movie made him generally implode like when he got emotionally overwhelmed when he did his at-the-movies review of Breaking Dawn 1 and found out they were tackling the abortion issue. Would've been nice to hear about the other bad parts of the movie, but the review section completely ended when he mentioned Edward wanted his child aborted and became an exercise in seeing how red Doug's face can get in anger.

That and he'd give weird critiques for a movie like how Easy A was too liberal, District 9 was a bad Xmen ripoff, and the black people characatures in Disney movies were fine because he thought they were cool. Seemed like his genuine review stuff wasn't as fun or engaging as the Cinema Snob team's post-premiere movie reviews, Half in the Bag, or AVGN's movie reviews

Also, it was always weird to see him critique comedy or plot contrivances in films when most of his pet projects never followed any of these rules. I was waiting for the day that Suburban Knights, To Boldly Flee, or the show he tried to do after he first retired NC got reviewed by either NC or other angry Internet critics he helped inspired at one point in time.

Muscle, muscle! Hustle, hustle!

• Toonami

not bad review