Are you an adult?
2033   58

• Banned

I mean some of us here have broken that 30 mark.....We have families, careers, bills, homes, responsibilities........You know, a lot of adult shit.

But thinking back, My parents were adults......Their friends were adults......I spoke to them as adults.

Now people call me sir, and not in situations where they are trying to sell me something or juice me for a tip......Like regular people just call me sir.......Kid walking out of the store with beer.......I hold the door for him and he humbly ducks his head and says "thank you sir". Like I might have known his parents and he was caught.

Meanwhile, I'm about to unpause Secret Life of Pets because I want to see it without Lil' Buddy talking through it. Also, I went to the store for gem donuts and M&Ms.
    I have on Spongebob underwear.

Incidentally, my Daughter is watching tornado tragedies on Discovery GO.

You were banned. It fills you with determination

• SwimNinja

I'm totally not an adult. Video games, anime and cartoons are my life. Most of my adult friends are the same.

Here in Cloud Cuckoo Land, there are no rules: There's no government, no baby sitters, no bedtimes, no frowny faces, no bushy mustaches, and no negativity of any kind. And there's also no consistency.

• Helper

I'm more like an inside dog I guess. I could survive on my own if need be, but someone else should probably take care of me.

• Banned

I didn't know you had youngins. I bet you're a sweet and great Daddy.

I think Sir, is just a sign of respect for people... they have all kinds of honorifics in Japan for older friends, siblings, parents, superiors ect...

I dun think it necessarily means you are officially old now or something, just that you have lived longer than some and people are showing you acknowledgement of your larger pool of experience.

• SwimHero

yes. i got bills and rent and all that crap but i try to budget. most the stuff i have set up is online so i dont worry too much being on time with auto deduction. but i have no wife or kids so i live stress free and can do whatever i want.

Janeway Rules!

• Special Snowflake

Eh, I think you're overthinking the sir thing. We live in a time where jobs are becoming more service oriented, so that might have something to do with it. I am called sir now and then and I think nothing of it.

Memento Mori

• Manowarrior

I'm pretty much an adult in age only.

Congratulations 2010, 2012, and 2014 San Francisco Giants! Beat LA!

Ain't got no time for bird sex, I wanna fly...

• Helper

Meh

What the hell is that behind you

• IB

People have been regularly calling me sir ever since I was a teenager.

blah blah gay sex blah blah balloons. :|

• Banned

bnmjv said:

Eh, I think you're overthinking the sir thing. We live in a time where jobs are becoming more service oriented, so that might have something to do with it. I am called sir now and then and I think nothing of it.

But this had nothing to do with a job.....I went to the store in PJ pants and a wife beater and Jordans......I heard sir, and I felt like the creepy old guy who goes to the store in his pajamas.

BECAUSE I F**KING AM NOW!

Always the scared kid. I don't wear kids underwear but I wear my piss like one.

• Manowarrior

CyberBully360 said:

bnmjv said:

But this had nothing to do with a job.....I went to the store in PJ pants and a wife beater and Jordans......I heard sir, and I felt like the creepy old guy who goes to the store in his pajamas.

Well how else do you expect strangers to address you? "Thank you, boy."?

• Banned

Doom_Metal_Alchemist said:

CyberBully360 said:

bnmjv said:

I forget I'm talking to white people.

No, I opened the door and did the upward nod and said sup, bud.....And he replied....Thank you sir.....And don't get me wrong.....Dude was in his 20s, but to him I'm sir.

No. Not at all.

• Manowarrior

CyberBully360 said:

CyberBully360 said:

bnmjv said:

No, I opened the door and did the upward nod and said sup, bud.....And he replied....Thank you sir.....And don't get me wrong.....Dude was in his 20s, but to him I'm sir.

I don't know about in your neck of the woods, or if it's just a white people thing, but customer service agents are expected to be as polite as possible. "Bud" wouldn't cut it, at most places I'm familiar with, I think. It's always, "sir" for men, and "miss" or "ma'am" for women.

You called down the thunder. Well, now you've got it!

• Banned

CyberBully360 said:

CyberBully360 said:

bnmjv said:

I don't know about in your neck of the woods, or if it's just a white people thing, but customer service agents are expected to be as polite as possible. "Bud" wouldn't cut it, at most places I'm familiar with, I think. It's always, "sir" for men, and "miss" or "ma'am" for women.

I'm......Not sure which part about it's midnight and I was at the corner store means that I have to use work vernacular.....For all this kid knows, I sell cocaine and cocaine accessories.

• Other Anime

Technically, people would call me an adult. I have a job, I pay bills, and I live on my own. But aside from that, I don't feel like I do any of that "adulting" stuff, just hang around my apartment playing video games and ordering delivery food. And I certainly don't have another life that I'm responsible for.

Wow, that sounds depressing.

XBL: TakenIdiot (Destiny & The Division)
    PSN: ishikusui (Overwatch & Destiny)
    t/ @ishikusui

I've got a lot of adult shit going on in my life too, but honestly that's all on the outside. On the inside I keep that childlike joy & wonder burning bright.

i am so adult! i do adult things like work and pay bills!

haha yeah its...a strange realization when you finally get ur an adult. i get called ma'am now haha.
    also i rmb one time a relative came to visit me and she brought 2 of her grand daughters both teenagers.
    and we were eating at a resturant and im stting talking to her about family memebers and saying things to her
    grandkids like oh my how youve grown what grade ar eyou in haha.

also theres the part where i dont have as much energy as i once did :(
    anyway, yeah idk i dont feel very adulty but i guess im kinda there no kids tho even tho im in my early 30s.
    strange idk how it happened ive mellowed out too at least online.

i was like this crazy hyper fangirl with my own internet speak lol

im still weebo trash tho thatll never go away :(

• Banned

Oh, now that you mention it, yes....Physically, I'm very adult.....My bones pop.....WHY....why the hell does every bone pop now.