LOVE LIVE! ON TV -- EXTREMELY SUDDEN DISCUSSION THREAD (WTF?)
10207   78

• King Of the Hill Banned

A rather obscure Asian-oriented TV network known as Mnet America will be airing Love Live! School Idol Project (trailer) starting tonight... and yes, it'll be the dub. This was literally just announced today, to go along with a casting announcement. I have never heard of that channel before, but it would seem that they've aired anime in the past. A user on Anime News Network said that they did flips of K-ON!, Mai-HiME, and, in a rather curious anecdote, Outlaw Star.

I just ordered Xfinity's "Digital Preferred" service for the sole purpose of getting the channel and being able to watch the show, so... yeah, I might be crazy. Also, the actual dub looks to be something else... something very awesomesauce, if I might add.

[take that, Anime Wednesdays!]

(more like "Mnet's Anime Fridays")

Mondays & Fridays: Girl's High
    Wednesdays: Squid Girl
    Random days: Re:ZERO

Twitter | Tumblr | Steamy | Content ratings | Something cool!

Never heard of this channel either, doubt I get it though

"What do you mean lower myself? That's the only thing I've ever been. Just a simple human that couldn't save a little girl" -Edward Elric

• SwimDandy

I don't get this channel, but if you want to find out if you do, go here.

http://www.mnetamerica.com/channel-finder

• Toonami Banned

WHY!?

"Build a fire for a man, he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• Toonami

I don't think I've got this channel, but I don't think I'd be interested anyways.

Besides, I'm still holding onto the fragments of Chiller Ani-Wednesdays by watching Is This a Zombie? on DVD. And, of course, giving it TV ratings. Here's the most recent one I did.

alttext

The only thing worse than maggots who want HxH removed based on personal preference are maggots who betray a show they love just because its ratings aren't to their liking. Also Ayumu.

http://pokenirvash.imgur.com/
    https://pokenirvash2.wordpress.com/

• King Of the Hill Banned

Poke_Nirvash said:

I don't think I've got this channel, but I don't think I'd be interested anyways.

Besides, I'm still holding onto the fragments of Chiller Ani-Wednesdays by watching Is This a Zombie? on DVD. And, of course, giving it TV ratings. Here's the most recent one I did.

[snippity snips]

Ironically, you should have this channel on your cable service if you already get Chiller.

And speaking of content ratings, I did seriously consider making screenshots for Love Live! while I was watching the Crunchyroll subs a while back. They would have been posted in your thread as a separate feature from my Squid Girl reviews. Unfortunately, the show turned out to be too tame for me to see a point in it.

I've seen the first 5.8 episodes of the show (as in, I didn't finish #6), and I'd give it a TV-PGDS rating, about 90% of which comes from Nozomi groping the other idols.

Mondays & Fridays: Girl's High
    Wednesdays: Squid Girl
    Random days: Re:ZERO

Twitter | Tumblr | Steamy | Content ratings | Something cool!

• Other Anime

Sons of bitches make it so difficult to get a hold of. How's the dub gonna do Nico Nico Ni?

Muscle, muscle! Hustle, hustle!

• Toonami

I have Chiller but U-verse doesn't seem to have Mnet; but I do have NHK oddly enough.

Was Called a Hipster by Ben
    Hold The Door

• Toonami

I've heard of Mnet because of the Mnet Asian Music Awards, but I didn't know they had an American branch. I don't much care for Love Live, but I wish I had the channel for other stuff. :/

• Helper

**Oh mY GOD.

A NICHE ANIME IS AIRING, DUBBED, AND A PREMIERE, ON AN AMERICAN TV NETWORK THAT IS NOT ADULT SWIM/!?!?!

HOLY YES!!!**

alt text

• Helper

I fear for how well this does though. There is NO MARKETING FOR THIS! Not even on the network it's airing on! That does not bode well.

The only way I found out about this at all is because I follow some actresses on Twitter and FB and they kept talking about it!

alt text

• Banned

This post is deleted!

• Other Anime

Blatch said:

Ironically, you should have this channel on your cable service if you already get Chiller.

I have Chiller, but according to that earlier link, the channel's not available in Cleveland, what's'-so-ever, so I guess I don't have it.

• Helper

Keep in mind though, this is FAR from the type of anime I'D EVER watch on my own!! I'm just excited it's playing on American TV, which means more oportunitiies for more anime doing the same thing! I'm gonna keep my eye on this network.

alt text

elfie said:

Keep in mind though, this is FAR from the type of anime I'D EVER watch on my own!! I'm just excited it's playing on American TV, which means more oportunitiies for more anime doing the same thing! I'm gonna keep my eye on this network.

Same here I have zero interest in Love Live! but I do have an interest in anime on television.

"What do you mean lower myself? That's the only thing I've ever been. Just a simple human that couldn't save a little girl" -Edward Elric

• Helper

I heard this network holds anime nights a few times a month or something. That's not a whole lot, and I don't think this network is popular. But I hope something comes from this if they keep Love Live playing. This MIGHT only be a one-time airing to announce the dub.

alt text

• Toonami

Buckake said:

Poke_Nirvash said:

alttext

Ew. Looks like Kekkaishi.

Well, DEEN is a spin-off studio of Sunrise, so I can't entirely blame you, even if you're completely wrong.

The only thing worse than maggots who want HxH removed based on personal preference are maggots who betray a show they love just because its ratings aren't to their liking. Also Ayumu.

http://pokenirvash.imgur.com/
    https://pokenirvash2.wordpress.com/

• SwimNerd

Blatch said:

I just ordered Xfinity's "Digital Preferred" service for the sole purpose of getting the channel and being able to watch the show, so... yeah, I might be crazy. Also, the actual dub looks to be something else... something very awesomesauce, if I might add.

[take that, Anime Wednesdays!]

(more like "Mnet's Anime Fridays")

You upgraded your cable service just for a single show? Wow. I saw the article on ANN about it myself just a few minutes ago, and thought "whatever, there's no way I get that channel." I've got digital preferred though, so I just checked, and wow... I'm shocked to see I actually do get it. Got it on right now. Strange though, the cable guide doesn't have any detailed programming information for the network at all. It just says "Mnet." Kind of stupid of them not to provide the cable companies with their programming info. I bought Love Live on blu-ray a long time ago though, so no interest in watching it on TV right now.

ROOT BEER: It's so bubbly . . . and cloying . . . and happy . . .
    It's insidious . . . just like me =)
    DCO's DVDs

• Helper

Maki. Wow.

Wouldn't it be BRILLIANT if they all dubbed the songs too??? But we know that would NEVER have a chance of happening!

alt text

• Helper

I've got Dish, so I don't think I get Mnet, at least I don't see it listed on Mnet's service page.

Shame too, since I wouldn't mind seeing anime on more networks.

The probability that we may fail in the struggle aught not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just. -Abraham Lincoln

• SwimComrad

Oh boy an idol show dub premiere on a channel most people don't even have