4

Just purged my DVR of Gundam IBO
392   19

  • SwimSuperFan
    1

    Seriously... it's bad, so f**king boring and bad. I did my best to sit through 5 episodes, but it's impossible for me to keep watching. I can only do like 5 minutes at a time before it puts me to sleep.

    The fact that Demarco and Toonami picked up this series goes to show that they don't give a f**k about the quality of their content... Toonami has been on the major decline for the past few years... they should have just cancelled it after 2014, everything since then has been very poor quality and cheap as shit....

    I also made this thread cause I wanted to use the word purge.

    Bush did 9/11


  • 1

    i read that as "Just purged my DVR of Gundam IBS"

    Money is a motherfucking joke.
    Forty bald eagles sewn onto a coat.
    Zoo with the crib, mermaid in the moat.


  • SwimVIP
    0

    Told you guys it would be very bad. Why wasn't there any hype about it if it was any good? Why was it drawing comparisons to Gundam Wing? It was bound to be weaksauce.

    And the Universe said, "Let there be Zeni's YouTube Channel". And so it was. And it was good.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Zenigundam


  • SwimSuperFan
    0

    Never said it wasn't going to be bad. Don't think I even commented on it until it aired.

    Demarco's dumb ass probably just saw the Gundam name and figured it will bring viewers in droves to come see it

    Bush did 9/11


  • Babbling
    0

    What's worse, zenigundam or irritable bowel gundam?


  • SwimVIP
    0

    That's exactly what happened. Nobody at Toonami watched more than three episodes of this anime. Even a normal person who doesn't watch cartoons can watch a few episodes of this and realize it's sucky.

    And the Universe said, "Let there be Zeni's YouTube Channel". And so it was. And it was good.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Zenigundam


  • 2

    ThorsPenor said:

    What's worse, zenigundam or irritable bowel gundam?

    Yes.

    Money is a motherfucking joke.
    Forty bald eagles sewn onto a coat.
    Zoo with the crib, mermaid in the moat.


  • SwimSuperFan
    1

    ThorsPenor said:

    What's worse, zenigundam or irritable bowel gundam?

    Zenigundam is god

    Bush did 9/11


  • SwimSuperFan
    1

    Zenigundam said:

    That's exactly what happened. Nobody at Toonami watched more than three episodes of this anime. Even a normal person who doesn't watch cartoons can watch a few episodes of this and realize it's sucky.

    Didn't they even say that they only watch 3 episodes of a show before deciding whether or not to bring it on? explains why we got SAO

    Bush did 9/11


  • IB
    0

    I tried to watch it on crunchroll and thought it was stupid but all the people that still watch toonami got all in their feelings when I told them


  • Banned
    0

    That's the smartest thing I've read on this forum.


  • SwimComrad
    0

    Zenigundam said:

    Told you guys it would be very bad. Why wasn't there any hype about it if it was any good? Why was it drawing comparisons to Gundam Wing? It was bound to be weaksauce.

    Yeah...it looks like this series tried to cash on the success of other Gundam series by just having Gundam-like mecha shown. It also looks like Toonami fell into the trap of seeing "Gundam" in the title and thought "Gundam Wing ratings".

    The day I graced your village, it was the most important day of your life...but for me, it was Tuesday.


  • SwimComrad
    0

    Deathgod201 said:

    Zenigundam said:

    That's exactly what happened. Nobody at Toonami watched more than three episodes of this anime. Even a normal person who doesn't watch cartoons can watch a few episodes of this and realize it's sucky.

    Didn't they even say that they only watch 3 episodes of a show before deciding whether or not to bring it on? explains why we got SAO

    The thing that gets me is that the first 3 episodes were largely uneventful. I'm not sure how they thought just viewing that was enough.

    The day I graced your village, it was the most important day of your life...but for me, it was Tuesday.


  • SwimVIP
    0

    It's as if the producers of Toonami are being bullied by teenage viewers into showing this stuff.

    And the Universe said, "Let there be Zeni's YouTube Channel". And so it was. And it was good.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Zenigundam


  • 1

    Zenigundam said:

    It's as if the producers of Toonami are being bullied by tweenage viewers into showing this stuff.

    Fixed

    Money is a motherfucking joke.
    Forty bald eagles sewn onto a coat.
    Zoo with the crib, mermaid in the moat.


  • SwimSuperFan Banned
    0

    I give your opinion one star.

    Come on, dude. Do you at least like One-Punch Man?

    I have reached acceptance.

    Blatch's Toonami Ratings Timeline

    Escalator

    • Wednesdays: Squid Girl (in my dedicated thread)
    • Sundays: TBA
    • Random days: Re:ZERO (anime watching thread, w/ commentary on Imgur)

  • SwimVIP
    0

    Whose opinion?

    And the Universe said, "Let there be Zeni's YouTube Channel". And so it was. And it was good.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Zenigundam


  • SwimSuperFan
    0

    Blatch0 said:

    I give your opinion one star.

    Come on, dude. Do you at least like One-Punch Man?

    Waiting til dub is finished then marathoning it online

    Bush did 9/11


  • SwimSuperFan
    0

    Gammenon said:

    Deathgod201 said:

    Zenigundam said:

    That's exactly what happened. Nobody at Toonami watched more than three episodes of this anime. Even a normal person who doesn't watch cartoons can watch a few episodes of this and realize it's sucky.

    Didn't they even say that they only watch 3 episodes of a show before deciding whether or not to bring it on? explains why we got SAO

    The thing that gets me is that the first 3 episodes were largely uneventful. I'm not sure how they thought just viewing that was enough.

    The first 3 episodes were very misleading, making you think you were going to get a kick ass series of them fighting through all the floors and such, the first episode was really interesting with the way it set things up, and the third episode had feels with all those people and that one girl dying, however they brought it on themselves with how f**king retarded they were, the chest obviously being a trap. After the first few episodes though it easily became dog shit, the following episodes after that only served to introduce more bitches to his harem, them falling in love with him after a brief adventure. Then the series turned into slice of life garbage with them getting married in game and having a virtual kid. then finally just skipping 20+ floors to end the game. And then the second half had a very large incest subplot as they added the MC's sister to his ever growing harem, but it's ok cause she's not really his sister, she's his cousin which is the norm in japan

    SAO was shit.... But I would gladly marathon SAO1 and SAO2 (I didn't even finish SAO2, dropped it after the Asada-san rape scene) than watch IBO through once

    Bush did 9/11


Log in to reply