I hate self-checkout lines
1114   48

• ShoeHands

I go to the store and they keep getting rid of the human checkout lines and replacing them with more self-checkout machines(that never work right to begin with). They took out half the human lines in the last couple weeks and replaced them with the freaking self-checkout lines.

This means more and more people keep lining up for fewer and fewer humans to check them out making me have to wait even longer to check out than before.

HATE THEM SO MUCH

I could never lie to you, You're like the greatest pot smoking republican hippie I know.-1POOH4U

• Pokemon Master

15 dollar minimum wage amirite XD

Snuffles was my slave name
    Nerd ♥

• ShoeHands

Ours isnt even that high and we are already replacing humans freaking everywhere.

Put in a 15$ wage and Im just going to start ordering food from freaking Amazon.

I could never lie to you, You're like the greatest pot smoking republican hippie I know.-1POOH4U

• SwimParagon

I have no problems with self-checkouts. It's like four stations out of 20+ lines at my local grocer. ._. And the lines move quick.

"I feel like I should be banning way more of you." -- SwimMod_Luuv

• ShoeHands

If Im buying just 1 or 2 things then its no problem.
    What I hate is if I have fruit or veggies that have no barcode and you have to try to figure out where to locate the damn thing in their system to get it to scan.

Plus theres always a bunch of people who have no idea how to work computers.

• Banned

I like them because I don't have to interact with another human. Good on Wal-Mart.

tha pirate king

Total Kudos Received: 74

• ShoeHands

Ok, thats a big plus for sure.

• Toonami

I prefer them. I don't typically buy stuff that would have an issue at a self-checkout machine, so my negative experiences with them are few and far between.

I've actually had the opposite problem than you, though. All the Walmarts in my area used to have a handful of self-checkout machines, but pretty much all of them got rid of them ages ago. Seemed like they were broken down half the time I went shopping, so I'm guessing it wound up costing them more money than it saved.

• Banned

I think they're fairly useful if you have ten items or fewer.

Other than that you should go to a regular lane.

A lot of people struggle with them but I've adjusted pretty well to where it doesn't take any longer than regular check out lanes.

• ShoeHands

Theres always been a bunch broken at my stores here to.

It really does depend on what im buying. There are some things that I dont want people to see im buying so I do the self-checkout thing. Other things, like stuff that you have to weigh and find in the stupid system, i hate using the self-checkout for.

• SwimParagon

Oh dang. I have never had to deal with barcode-less products in self-checkout.

"I feel like I should be banning way more of you." -- SwimMod_Luuv

• Banned

Master-Debater131 said:

It really does depend on what im buying. There are some things that I dont want people to see im buying so I do the self-checkout thing. Other things, like stuff that you have to weigh and find in the stupid system, i hate using the self-checkout for.

Weighing and finding items isn't that big of a hassle.

It just takes some practice and some getting used to.

• ShoeHands

Yea thats my biggest problem with them

Any fresh produce doesnt usually have a barcode. You have to look up the stupid item within their system, weigh it, then hope it all works. Half the time it doesnt work when you do it.

• ShoeHands

Threnodic said:

Master-Debater131 said:

It is when the stupid machine doesnt work. Which is almost always.

• Banned

Master-Debater131 said:

Threnodic said:

Master-Debater131 said:

I've never had a problem buying items with codes or the item lookup registry.

And if I do there are people staffed at the self checkout lanes that can come help you.

• ShoeHands

Threnodic said:

Master-Debater131 said:

Threnodic said:

Master-Debater131 said:

And if I do there are people staffed at the self checkout lanes that can come help you.

You must have a good store then because theres 1 person trying to take care of 15 self checkout lanes at my grocery store.

So if something goes wrong your in for a long wait.

• Banned

Master-Debater131 said:

Threnodic said:

Master-Debater131 said:

Threnodic said:

Master-Debater131 said:

You must have a good store then because theres 1 person trying to take care of 15 self checkout lanes at my grocery store.

Our store has 4 self check out stations and 6 or 7 regular check out lanes.

Customer service has three stations as well.

• ShoeHands

Threnodic said:

Master-Debater131 said:

Threnodic said:

Master-Debater131 said:

Threnodic said:

Master-Debater131 said:

I hate you now.

The only good thing mine does is itll flex people to the checkout lines if they get just stupidly long.

• Banned

Master-Debater131 said:

Threnodic said:

Master-Debater131 said:

Threnodic said:

Master-Debater131 said:

Threnodic said:

Master-Debater131 said:

I hate you now.

The only good thing mine does is itll flex people to the checkout lines if they get just stupidly long.

Idk shop at a better grocery store.

shrugs

• Thunder Goddess

+1 for living in the boonies - there may only ever be 2 checkouts open, but by damn, they are staffed by human beings. No self-checkouts here in the back woods.

“None of us are saints.” – Albert Fish

Happy Banned Books Week! Take a gay penguin to lunch today!

• SwimNinja

Master-Debater131 said:

I go to the store and they keep getting rid of the human checkout lines and replacing them with more self-checkout machines(that never work right to begin with). They took out half the human lines in the last couple weeks and replaced them with the freaking self-checkout lines.

This means more and more people keep lining up for fewer and fewer humans to check them out making me have to wait even longer to check out than before.

HATE THEM SO MUCH

I for one welcome our robot overlords.

Here in Cloud Cuckoo Land, there are no rules: There's no government, no baby sitters, no bedtimes, no frowny faces, no bushy mustaches, and no negativity of any kind. And there's also no consistency.