Conundrum-Two Jobs
482   28

• SwimPunk Banned

So i kinda went crazy and applied for a bunch of jobs.

So job 2 hired me. Job 1 went thru a lot actually helping me prepare my resume and everything to present to their client.

Job 2 is customer service which i have loads of experience

Job 1 is help desk Tech support which i lied about having experience in

I told job 1 job 2 hired me and they were like ok...we offer you $15/hr..just do the phone interview

And i let them talk me into in it. Job 1 is only a one year contract though with possibility of longer..never heard them mention permanent

So tell them to fvck off or what

• Banned

IBers, this is a trap.....She doesn't want your advice......You've been warned.

You were banned. It fills you with determination

• Thunder Goddess

This reminds me of the warning on a pack of cigarettes.

“None of us are saints.” – Albert Fish

Happy Banned Books Week! Take a gay penguin to lunch today!

• SwimParagon

Isn't help desk tech support like, read off a checklist and hope the customer was a derp? :P

"I feel like I should be banning way more of you." -- SwimMod_Luuv

• Thunder Goddess

Nooooo - run away now!

• SwimPunk Banned

PerfectFlowingHair said:

Isn't help desk tech support like, read off a checklist and hope the customer was a derp? :P

So it's easy?

• SwimPunk Banned

CyberBully360 said:

IBers, this is a trap.....She doesn't want your advice......You've been warned.

Is there a good possibility the contract will be more than a year? Isnt this your kind of work? Why aren't you telling me what to say during my interview?

• SwimPunk Banned

mthor said:

Nooooo - run away now!

I thought we were friends.

• SwimParagon

Fugglyfe said:

PerfectFlowingHair said:

So it's easy?

Iunno. What tech would you be supporting? I did help desk for my college's computer lab with no experience and was fine. Then again, they didn't expect much in the way of experience to begin with, so it's a bit different.

• SwimParagon

mthor said:

Nooooo - run away now!

I'm sorry. It's in my blood to help.

• SwimPunk Banned

PerfectFlowingHair said:

Fugglyfe said:

PerfectFlowingHair said:

So it's easy?

Iunno. What tech would you be supporting? I did help desk for my college's computer lab with no experience and was fine. Then again, they didn't expect much in the way of experience to begin with, so it's a bit different.

Help desk tech support for blue cross blue shield

• Banned

In what part of either of these jobs will you be running cable to and from several computers/modems/routers from a wiring closet containing hundreds of patch panels.

I am a Network administrator.....I field phone calls only in hopes to not be on site.

• SwimNinja

Do you want more money with questionable job security or less money with more job security? Answer that and you have your answer.

Here in Cloud Cuckoo Land, there are no rules: There's no government, no baby sitters, no bedtimes, no frowny faces, no bushy mustaches, and no negativity of any kind. And there's also no consistency.

• SwimVIP

If only it were that simple. You're forgetting a multitude of other factors.

And the Universe said, "Let there be Zeni's YouTube Channel". And so it was. And it was good.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Zenigundam

• SwimParagon

Insurance company. You should get training from Blue Cross on the specifics of whatever system you're helping customers with {probably a website}, and the rest is really just good customer service. You should manage fine if you're a quick learner.

• SwimNinja

Are you ever going to catch on that I have you on ignore? Why do you keep responding to me when you know I can't see it?

Here in Cloud Cuckoo Land, there are no rules: There's no government, no baby sitters, no bedtimes, no frowny faces, no bushy mustaches, and no negativity of any kind. And there's also no consistency.

• SwimPunk Banned

PrincessUnikitty said:

Do you want more money with questionable job security or less money with more job security? Answer that and you have your answer.

More job security...i do need the money but i dont want to be out of a job in one year

• SwimParagon

Wait... is this an either/or but not both thing? Job 2, full stop.

• Banned

PerfectFlowingHair said:

You were given your instruction and you chose to stay......I shan't weep for you.

• Thunder Goddess

When I wake up, I'm even uglier than usual.

• SwimParagon

CyberBully360 said:

PerfectFlowingHair said:

You were given your instruction and you chose to stay......I shan't weep for you.

Bitch I do what I want. I don't need your tears.