Ok , so rotten tomatoes ...
597   20

Now that i understand how it works , a lot of scores it's given make a lot more sense. So naturally Suicide Squad going to have a low score . And as much as the studios themselves want us to believe the scores matter , they really don't. So you can't really take what they say to heart.

Monsters come in many shapes and sizes . I'm all of them

• SwimSuperHero

It's not a good site. IMDb is better.

Usopp Fanatic since 2003.

• Banned

The DC franchise is still a disaster. Rotten Tomatoes is simply incidental to the matter.

• Other Anime

People just don't like that many critics don't tend to review bullshit popcorn movies on a curve. Then again, Deadpool has 83% of reviewers happy with the finished product and the new Captain America has 90%. Sometimes, audiences that get pissed off when critics don't like a movie don't understand that maybe it's the movie's fault that it gets bad reviews.

Muscle, muscle! Hustle, hustle!

• Toonami

For the most part, the only part of a Rotten Tomatoes score that's worth looking at is the score the audience gives it. There are a lot of cases where critics will score stuff a whopping 30-40 points higher or lower than what audiences give it and more often than not the audience score seems to be the one more in line with how I feel about any given movie.

• Banned

I think it's DC fans just being pushed to the nerd psychological breaking point. BvS, Killing Joke, and Suicide Squad all came out in the same year and they all were terrible. They have to explain this improbability away on some sort of conspiracy on DC, because the notion that the suits at Warner Bros. don't give a shit about these characters and simply want to milk them for their brand recognition as long as possible is too painful for them to consider.

Because they're trying to live up to what Nolan did. Nolan knew he went as far as he could and still be "good" and jumped ship.

Basically

Disaster is a bit strong . DC/warner are playing catch up with Marvel and they were obviously rushing. So making a few missteps is going to happen. If and when they find the right stride, i'm sure they'll start Cranking out better movies, It took Marvel at least 20 years to make a watchable movie. Hell , people used to joke about how bad they were at it.

Chappi_The_Rabbit said:

People just don't like that many critics don't tend to review bullshit popcorn movies on a curve. Then again, Deadpool has 83% of reviewers happy with the finished product and the new Captain America has 90%. Sometimes, audiences that get pissed off when critics don't like a movie don't understand that maybe it's the movie's fault that it gets bad reviews.

This is a pretty good point too, and when it is the movie's fault nobody's willing to take the blame

What i think DC was doing was not only trying to do their own ( darker ) version of Guardians of the galaxy, but trying to get one of their biggest properties , namely Harley quinn, out there in the hopes to get a solo spinoff, which apparently is going to happen regardless. But what i think Warner did was the equivalent of placing a bet and taking it back just before the wheel got spun. They got cold feet at the last minute because this a largely unheard of property. and they felt like they needed to tamper with it at the 11th hour , so i think that's what critics are picking up on . But i'm fairly certainthat people are going to see it anyway. Just for harley. lol

AntiLawnElement said:

For the most part, the only part of a Rotten Tomatoes score that's worth looking at is the score the audience gives it. There are a lot of cases where critics will score stuff a whopping 30-40 points higher or lower than what audiences give it and more often than not the audience score seems to be the one more in line with how I feel about any given movie.

Good point.

• SwimVIP Banned

AntiLawnElement said:

I learned this lesson when I went to go see The Informant!

Critics loved it, but to this day it's the only movie I ever walked out of.

[I don't even get why I went to see that in the first place, though I expected it to be Coen Brothers-ish and not the blandness incarnate it ended up being.]

"Wait, I don't remember 'Allahu Akbar' being in the lyrics..." - Eagles Of Death Metal

• Banned

I think I read that they need to make $800m to break even? Like, f**king sack that finance guy right f**kin meow.

If you gotta go go with a smile

• Babbling

It's cause they paid Will Smif to be in it that's where most of the budget went.

• SwimNinja

Nerd fanboys after a female online poster begs them to stop harassing and threatening to rape her: FREE SPEECH, C**T!

Nerd fanboys after Suicide Squad gets bad reviews: SHUT DOWN ROTTEN TOMATOES!

I actually still want to see Suicide Squad, but jeez the DC fanboys are just embarrassing to watch.

"The enemy of my enemy is just another man standing in my way." -Nikita

• Banned

Maybe DC just kinda sucks at this.

• SwimVIP

The audience score for a film, for the most part, is generally more in line with my taste in movies than the critic score.

Not always, though. The critic score for Robots was higher than the audience score and I personally thought that movie was pretty good.

Warner Bro's is the Sony pictures of DC.

You called down the thunder. Well, now you've got it!

LOL it's at like 20% right now on there.