Monthly Mixtape: Cathedral
290   11

• Banned

A feature I've started doing. Posting it as kind of a nod to the metalhead that remain from the old ASMB.

http://ozarkscalawag.blogspot.com/2016/08/monthly-mixtape-cathedral.html

Either metalheads* or remains*

• Banned

Apparently autocorrect removes the "s" from "metalheads" on my computer.

They shouldn't have technology replace wordsmiths.

• Banned

Autocorrect is one of the few things that seems to have gotten dumber as technology advances.

Agreed. I hate when it misspells something for me.

• Banned

I can't even figure out how to shut the damn thing off now.

• Manowarrior

That's pretty damn cool. I'd make almost a completely different list though. I would say this is my Cathedral up to 1999 list:

1. The Voyage of the Homeless Sapien
    2. Ebony Tears
    3. The Carnival Bizarre
    4. Ride
    5. Captain Clegg
    6. The Omega Man
    7. Night of the Seagulls
    8. Reaching Happiness, Touching Pain
    9. Birthmachine 2000
    10. Fangalactic Supergoria (the literal one song I agree with you on )

Congratulations 2010, 2012, and 2014 San Francisco Giants! Beat LA!

Ain't got no time for bird sex, I wanna fly...

• Banned

Take into account I approached this from this as "what songs would I use to introduce Cathedral to a n00b" and "what order would flow best." It's not necessarily a list of personal favorites or a ranking of the best. If it were a list of my favorites, you'd see Carnival Bizarre, Phaser Quest, Inertia's Cave and Phantasmagoria on there.

I'm curious as to whether "Voyage of the Homeless Sapien" is no. 1 because it's your favorite or if that's how you'd kick off a mix tape. To me, that's a song you'd have to build toward, thus putting it at the end of a list. Kicking off with it may be kind of difficult for a n00b.

• Manowarrior

Josey said:

Take into account I approached this from this as "what songs would I use to introduce Cathedral to a n00b" and "what order would flow best." It's not necessarily a list of personal favorites or a ranking of the best. If it were a list of my favorites, you'd see Carnival Bizarre, Phaser Quest, Inertia's Cave and Phantasmagoria on there.

I'm curious as to whether "Voyage of the Homeless Sapien" is no. 1 because it's your favorite or if that's how you'd kick off a mix tape. To me, that's a song you'd have to build toward, thus putting it at the end of a list. Kicking off with it may be kind of difficult for a n00b.

My list wasn't really in the order I'd put it on the tape, or even necessarily from favorite to least favorite. The order is pretty much just the order they came to mind.

Congratulations 2010, 2012, and 2014 San Francisco Giants! Beat LA!

Ain't got no time for bird sex, I wanna fly...

• Banned

I had about a week to think about mine. I'm thinking of doing Anthrax or Velvet Acid Christ next time. I enjoy it. It gives me a chance to go back and listen to songs I hadn't heard in years.