Dragon Ball Z Kai Episode 81 Discussion
7462   173

• Toonami

Episode 81: "Vegeta's Final Push! Defeat the Invincible Cell!"

Recap: Cell succeeded in his attempt to change to his perfect form. Now even more powerful, Vegeta, Krillin, and Android 16 all attempt to stop Cell. With Krillin and 16 easily defeated, Vegeta seems confident until he finally starts the fight. Soon it becomes apparent that Cell is far stronger than Vegeta, without even trying. Vegeta, becoming more and more frustrated, goes all out but it still doesn't lay a scratch on Cell. Becoming bored, Cell decides to put Vegeta down and quickly beats him. Meanwhile, Trunks sits on the sidelines. Krillin, sensing a strong power within him, urges Trunks to enter the battle, but Trunks refuses to until Vegeta is unconscious, thereby saving his pride. But the question remains: can anyone really stop Cell?

No flaming, hating, trolling, spamming, etc.

Only on @toonami.

Now roaming the new board since [as] felt the need to destroy my old home board.

• Toonami

I know I said I wasn't drinking tonight.....but we both know that was a lie

I'm going to use all my willpower to force myself to Enjoy OPM, it may be the most homophobic show currently on the block but it's also the most Homoerotic so I need to take the good with the bad

• Toonami

mochi said:

I'm going to use all my willpower to force myself to Enjoy OPM, it may be the most homophobic show currently on the block but it's also the most Homoerotic so I need to take the good with the bad

Good, good. Let the booze flow through you. And you know I (at least currently) disagree with you concerning this show. It doesn't seem to be anything more than "muscly guys punching things".

Now roaming the new board since [as] felt the need to destroy my old home board.

• Toonami

Meilag32 said:

mochi said:

Good, good. Let the booze flow through you. And you know I (at least currently) disagree with you concerning this show. It doesn't seem to be anything more than "muscly guys punching things".

I've heard horrible things about episode 8

that said.....considering Viz has been altering Sailor Moon's Scripts to make it's Gay characters more blatant, and also less offensive(namely making Zoicite and Kunzite more affectionate then they already were)....there's a decent chance they altered much of Puri Puri Prisoner's lines to make him less offensive

• Toonami

mochi said:

Meilag32 said:

mochi said:

that said.....considering Viz has been altering Sailor Moon's Scripts to make it's Gay characters more blatant, and also less offensive(namely making Zoicite and Kunzite more affectionate then they already were)....there's a decent chance they altered much of Puri Puri Prisoner's lines to make him less offensive

Well, at least localization seems to be more down with current events.

• Toonami

Meilag32 said:

mochi said:

Meilag32 said:

mochi said:

just Viz, Sentai's Dubs seem to make Gay characters MORE offensive by giving them cartoonishly stereotyped voices, as do Funi's

• Toonami

mochi said:

Meilag32 said:

mochi said:

Meilag32 said:

mochi said:

just Viz, Sentai's Dubs seem to make Gay characters MORE offensive by giving them cartoonishly stereotyped voices, as do Funi's

To be fair, stereotyped voices don't always swing the way you think them to. I've met examples to the contrary (both ways).

• SwimVIP Banned

WEEKLY FAULCONER REMINDER: For the ultimate Kai experience, click here: mega.co.nz/#F!9d4jkYzR!CPlPL10_HQw3y6mAWBVxnQ

Under Part 7 Beta, there's a folder labeled F which has all the Faulconer mixes for those episodes (episodes 78 - 88). Choose "Kai81F.ac3." If you have VLC player, it should play upon clicking.

Sample from tonight's episode:

https://youtu.be/3TlGzPoBMX4?t=7m17s

@Toonami

"Wait, I don't remember 'Allahu Akbar' being in the lyrics..." - Eagles Of Death Metal

• Toonami Banned

mochi said:

Meilag32 said:

mochi said:

Meilag32 said:

mochi said:

Your nonsensical use of capitalization is what's offensive.

• SwimStar

you're on a forum about family guy reruns and korean cartoons, we're not exactly WritersDigest here

"Right. Because it seems to me that you’re exhibiting symptoms of depression, low self worth and anxiety."
    "Those are all different things, right?"

• Toonami

I'm mixing wine and beer..........I'm hoping the wine till provide a happier drunk than plain beer

• SwimVIP Banned

You're not trying to live very long, are you?

"Wait, I don't remember 'Allahu Akbar' being in the lyrics..." - Eagles Of Death Metal

• Thunder Goddess

Burgundy and beer, mixed half and half is actually pretty good, as long as it's cold.

“None of us are saints.” – Albert Fish
    "You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" -- Stephen Wright

No original final flash music is gonna be weak. Original was definitely superior in the music department.

• Toonami

DeusExMasquerade said:

You're not trying to live very long, are you?

http://67.media.tumblr.com/6fda7c1d6483cc27e36f39b81f297c7c/tumblr_nv999dALRW1qfp6jpo1_500.gif

nope

• SwimVIP Banned

Daosspawn said:

No original final flash music is gonna be weak. Original was definitely superior in the music department.

Nah man. You still got 10 minutes to make it right...

DeusExMasquerade said:

WEEKLY FAULCONER REMINDER: For the ultimate Kai experience, click here: mega.co.nz/#F!9d4jkYzR!CPlPL10_HQw3y6mAWBVxnQ

Under Part 7 Beta, there's a folder labeled F which has all the Faulconer mixes for those episodes (episodes 78 - 88). Choose "Kai81F.ac3." If you have VLC player, it should play upon clicking.

Sample from tonight's episode:

https://youtu.be/3TlGzPoBMX4?t=7m17s

Fun fact, DBZ Kai actually had a different soundtrack that was much better than the current one, but they got busted for copyright infringement and had to trash the entire thing and sub in the Japanese music.

• Toonami

• Toonami

Daosspawn said:

Fun fact, DBZ Kai actually had a different soundtrack that was much better than the current one, but they got busted for copyright infringement and had to trash the entire thing and sub in the Japanese music.

yeah, it was composed by the guy who did the music for all the DBZ video games.....but then they found out all the songs he ever composed were identical to American rock songs(and also some songs from Sonic the Hedgehog) so they removed all his work from every piece of DBZ related media

• Toonami

I'm trying to get to 3 drink mode before OPM....if I'm that drunk by the time it comes on I will be mellow enough to enjoy it dispite my greivences with it.....I'm probably gonna try to stop drinking when I reach can't type mode

• Toonami

mochi said:

Daosspawn said:

yeah, it was composed by the guy who did the music for all the DBZ video games.....but then they found out all the songs he ever composed were identical to American rock songs(and also some songs from Sonic the Hedgehog) so they removed all his work from every piece of DBZ related media

Also some stuff from the Terminator.