“It is a fool's prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak.”

― Neil Gaiman

• SwimNerd

Gark said:

move on

never

• Thunder Goddess

He's right. Move on.

If you have 5 or 10 years clean under your belt, move on - she's probably never going to forgive you. And that's her prerogative; sometimes the damage that junkies inflict on their families is as bad - or worse, in some ways - than what they do to themselves.

If you don't have a lot of clean time - maybe a year or two, maybe just months, move on - don't tell her you're clean, show her. Be healthy, be happy, be productive, be responsible - be the opposite of what you were when you were using. She may or may not forgive you, but give her a chance to stop being scared first.

“None of us are saints.” – Albert Fish
    "You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" -- Stephen Wright

• SwimNerd

mthor said:

He's right. Move on.

If you have 5 or 10 years clean under your belt, move on - she's probably never going to forgive you. And that's her prerogative; sometimes the damage that junkies inflict on their families is as bad - or worse, in some ways - than what they do to themselves.

If you don't have a lot of clean time - maybe a year or two, maybe just months, move on - don't tell her you're clean, show her. Be healthy, be happy, be productive, be responsible - be the opposite of what you were when you were using. She may or may not forgive you, but give her a chance to stop being scared first.

you are right