Just got back from seeing Suicide Squad. Honest opinions.
305   2

• Toonami

The bad: Joker and Harley. The acting of Jared Leto and Margot Robbie seemed okay, but the dialogue itself just felt awkward and forced. A lot of the earlier scenes having to do with those two are so bad that I almost considered walking out of the movie. I'm not exaggerating at all, their early dialogue is just that awful (when you get to one scene in particular, I'm sure you'll feel the exact same way). The later parts of the movie aren't quite as bad when it comes to those two, but compared to everyone else it could still use a lot of work. It seems to be more of a problem with the way they were forced to present the dialogue and the way the dialogue was written than something I'd try to pin on Leto or Robbie.

The good: Everyone else in the movie? Pretty decent. I'd argue that a lot of these characters (Will Smith as Deadshot, Viola Davis as Amanda Waller, Jai Courtney as Captain Boomerang, etc.) are probably the best live-action adaptations we've had in pretty much anything from DC up until now. The other actors and their respective roles were decent enough for me to want to see more live-action and animated adaptations of them in the future.

I won't spoil the plot of the movie, but if we're just going into minor detail:

If you've seen Assault on Arkham or pretty much any other version of the Suicide Squad outside of the comics, you probably know what to expect from the plot. It's more of the same and it could probably use some work, but for the most part I still felt like it was an okay movie.

There's one scene about halfway through the credits. Nothing after that.

Maybe Warner Bro's should focus on making and actually good DC movie.

You called down the thunder. Well, now you've got it!