Anime should never have Gay characters
2308   51

• Toonami

Japan doesn't respect us enough to do it right...and until they do they shouldn't try to include us in ANYTHING they make

edit: mixing wine and beer was a mistake, jeezus

Whatever it takes to get you to stop talking about cartoons.

"What do you mean lower myself? That's the only thing I've ever been. Just a simple human that couldn't save a little girl" -Edward Elric

• SwimPunk

until you become the head of the one world order the world will not exist to serve your feelings, live with it.

• Toonami

Yes. An isolationist policy is far better until they spontaneously gain true comprehension on what it means to be gay.

I'm not saying the stereotypes are good, but there are gay people in Japan, too. For their sakes, I'd rather the studios keep trying until they get it right instead of ignoring it entirely, forever.

Being in the public spotlight does eventually cause change.

Now roaming the new board since [as] felt the need to destroy my old home board.

• Special Snowflake

Pssh, weren't you once praising the gay bushido code of the samurai and making an allusion to it with Zoro? Or am I just imagining things?

Memento Mori

• Helper

I forgot Japan, as a country, decided gay stereotypes and which ones to display in their animated shows.

Mochi, ya gotta get over this.

• SwimSuperFan

mochi said:

Japan doesn't respect us enough to do it right...and until they do they shouldn't try to include us in ANYTHING they make

Anime is expensive shit. They're not going to do something that the grand majority of people don't want to see at all and end up losing money.

Get rich and fund an anime series, then you can have all the guys butt pounding to your hearts content.

Bush did 9/11

• SwimStar

sensui and itsuki were pretty awesome though.
    but that's one in like a 100 shows

"Right. Because it seems to me that you’re exhibiting symptoms of depression, low self worth and anxiety."
    "Those are all different things, right?"

• Toonami

QuebecElegy said:

sensui and itsuki were pretty awesome characters i'd say.

Naoko Takeuchi and her husband Yoshihiro Togashi are exceptions, as is Takako Shimura, otherwise Japan could care less about LGBT people

• SwimStar

i really wish i could find the article, but i remember togashi was asked something about if hiei and kurama were a couple, and he said he probably could've made them one.

"Right. Because it seems to me that you’re exhibiting symptoms of depression, low self worth and anxiety."

• Toonami

QuebecElegy said:

i really wish i could find the article, but i remember togashi was asked something about if hiei and kurama were a couple, and he said he probably could've made them one.

I wish he would have

• SwimStar

me too somewhat. i think kurama/botan would've been great, and i shipped hiei x yukina when i was younger cause i felt bad for hiei lmao.
    i can't think of anyone else hiei would've ended up with.
    maybe mukuro, but i haven't seen the series in so long, i forgot if they actually liked each other.

• Toonami

QuebecElegy said:

me too somewhat. i think kurama/botan would've been great, and i shipped hiei x yukina when i was younger cause i felt bad for hiei lmao.
    maybe mukuro, but i haven't seen the series in so long, i forgot if they actually liked each other.

maybe he'll introduce a gay couple in his Manga's someday.....I at least know he and his wife are actually pro-gay, so it's not like he's purposefully excluding LGBT characters

• Toonami

mochi said:

QuebecElegy said:

maybe he'll introduce a gay couple in his Manga's someday.....I at least know he and his wife are actually pro-gay, so it's not like he's purposefully excluding LGBT characters

I think a good gay person represented in fiction, you wouldn't know it. Because they're normal.

http://1.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/31/73/7e906f9b9cf0597552d44b1cc449cd63.jpg

Now roaming the new board since [as] felt the need to destroy my old home board.

• SwimStar

maybe hisoka x chrollo

• Toonami

Meilag32 said:

mochi said:

QuebecElegy said:

I think a good gay person represented in fiction, you wouldn't know it. Because they're normal.

to be fair the issue the gay dumbledore reveal was bad was because he commited himself to a life of celibacy and never found love of any kind....if he actually had someone who he loved it would've been positive.... but he gave up on ever being happy and died never having ever experienced genuine love for another person....so he was the absolute worst character she could've chosen to reveal was gay

• Banned

I do enjoy that you're black but have no problem with them drawing us with huge pink lips.

Good ol' Officer Black

You were banned. It fills you with determination

• Toonami

CyberBully360 said:

I do enjoy that you're black but have no problem with them drawing us with huge pink lips.

Good ol' Officer Black

they've stopped doing that

treating Gay men like rapists and perverts however....still common

• Toonami

mochi said:

Meilag32 said:

mochi said:

QuebecElegy said:

to be fair the issue the gay dumbledore reveal was bad was because he commited himself to a life of celibacy and never found love of any kind....if he actually had someone who he loved it would've been positive.... but he gave up on ever being happy and died never having ever experienced genuine love for another person....so he was the absolute worst character she could've chosen to reveal was gay

No, he found love. In Grindelwald. He simply fell in love with a bad person. And it resulted in a tragic death. We don't know if he had any other loves besides Gellert but he seemed to focus entirely on the altruistic instead of physical passion. He rose above. Far above what most people would have done. He sacrificed everything for the TRUE greater good. There are far too many people who would say "screw it", that they were in for their own personal needs. He was a paragon of the true strength of humanity, not someone who should be shunned. After all, look at his opposite: Voldemort. He was racist, a murderer, everything bad. Yet also felt the need to bang Bellatrix and have an illegitimate child.

• Toonami

Meilag32 said:

mochi said:

Meilag32 said:

mochi said:

QuebecElegy said:

No, he found love. In Grindelwald. He simply fell in love with a bad person. And it resulted in a tragic death. We don't know if he had any other loves besides Gellert but he seemed to focus entirely on the altruistic instead of physical passion. He rose above. Far above what most people would have done. He sacrificed everything for the TRUE greater good. There are far too many people who would say "screw it", that they were in for their own personal needs. He was a paragon of the true strength of humanity, not someone who should be shunned. After all, look at his opposite: Voldemort. He was racist, a murderer, everything bad. Yet also felt the need to bang Bellatrix and have an illegitimate child.

right because dating your world's equivalent of Hitler and then deciding that being Gay is horrible totally doesn't send a horrible message to gay kids