The Transformers: The Movie 30th Anniversary is today!
254   7

• Rants

Today marks the 30th anniversary of the theatrical release of The Transformers: The Movie.

I'm marking the occasion with a viewing party at my place complete with fine catering, a wet bar, and the complete soundtrack blaring in the background in all of its glory until sundown. There are balloons with the Autobot insignia around the pool. There are balloons with the Decepticon insignia inside the house. The bathroom has been wallpapered with leftover Transformers wrapping paper from last Christmas. I've even arranged the many G1 Transformers in my sizable collection about the place, even going so far as to hang Unicron from the ceiling above the screen in my home theater on fishing line.

We're going to start watching the film an hour after nightfall. It'll replay for the rest of the evening for any latecomers.

Is anyone else doing anything to celebrate 30 years of robot warfare beyond our wildest imaginations? I may not reply too quickly, but I'm curious to hear if anyone else in the community is doing anything.

ASMB Member since March 23, 2004.
    If brevity is the soul of wit, then abbreviation is the death of the soul.

• IB

remembering this wonderfully cheesy opening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK9xj4nYO24

This sig is an awesome sig. :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: - InsaneFox
    some of us are good at suck - discolemonade

• Rants

Did you see it in the United Kingdom in 1986?

I didn't get to see the UK opening until YouTube became a thing years later.

• IB

maybe in another life i did, it's possible.

This sig is an awesome sig. :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: - InsaneFox
    some of us are good at suck - discolemonade

• Nyaa or Nothing

• Other Anime

• Rants

Fun Fact: the urban legend that Leonard Nimoy had to step in and finish Orson Welles' lines in the film was debunked in the audio commentary of the 25th Anniversary DVD by Wally Burr (voice director) and Susan Blu (Arcee).