watching random flcl videos on youtube
480   22

• SwimStar

i really need to rewatch it, it's been like almost 4 years

"Right. Because it seems to me that you’re exhibiting symptoms of depression, low self worth and anxiety."
    "Those are all different things, right?"

• Swimuminati

I was thinking the same thing a couple of days ago...that show was a real masterpiece

dude I swear this time is different. I swear before god, buddah, my dead grandma, and asmb. i will never drink again.

-Phillies 8/15/2016

• SwimStar

almost all ASA anime were amazing, i dont really remember the last time toonami had a show as good as anything on asa before hxh.

"Right. Because it seems to me that you’re exhibiting symptoms of depression, low self worth and anxiety."

• SwimStar

QuebecElegy said:

almost all ASA anime were amazing, i dont really remember the last time toonami had a show as good as anything on asa before hxh.

maybe hellsing and gurren

Rewatched it last Saturday, recently got it on blu-ray.

"What do you mean lower myself? That's the only thing I've ever been. Just a simple human that couldn't save a little girl" -Edward Elric

• SwimStar

i don't think there's many series i'd be able to watch in one sitting, but flcl is definitely one of them

• Swimuminati

QuebecElegy said:

i don't think there's many series i'd be able to watch in one sitting, but flcl is definitely one of them

that's one of it's selling points...none of that 500 episodes in one season crap

dude I swear this time is different. I swear before god, buddah, my dead grandma, and asmb. i will never drink again.

-Phillies 8/15/2016

QuebecElegy said:

I'd say it's better watched in one sitting, kinda like a good movie.

"What do you mean lower myself? That's the only thing I've ever been. Just a simple human that couldn't save a little girl" -Edward Elric

• SwimStar

i could barely get to 300~ ish eps of shippuden without the filler alone burning me out.
    i think yyh did it the best. every arc is interesting and fun and there's no random padding or dragged out plot points.

• SwimStar

im quitting my job soon, so i thought i'd just watch an episode a day to help keep my sanity in tact

• Swimuminati

QuebecElegy said:

i could barely get to 300~ ish eps of shippuden without the filler alone burning me out.
    i think yyh did it the best. every arc is interesting and fun and there's no random padding or dragged out plot points.

same here...I keep saying i'm going to continue where I left off, but idk...

yu yu hakush and rurouni kenshin were perfect...around 90 episodes each with arcs that built of one another...

-Phillies 8/15/2016

Mixboy said:

QuebecElegy said:

that's one of it's selling points...none of that 500 episodes in one season crap

I pretty much think any anime over 100 episodes is unnecessary, but that's just me.

• SwimLegend

Same here. When did it premiere on AS? That was the last time I watched it.

Ric's Youtube: It's fucking awesome of course
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl6qCbzMXEezDBksc9XqUuw

• Swimuminati

QuebecElegy said:

im quitting my job soon, so i thought i'd just watch an episode a day to help keep my sanity in tact

didn't you just get this job...you're pulling a zeni

-Phillies 8/15/2016

• Swimuminati

scope85 said:

Mixboy said:

QuebecElegy said:

I pretty much think any anime over 100 episodes is unnecessary, but that's just me.

agreed...I can't name any anime that's managed to make it work...

-Phillies 8/15/2016

• SwimLegend

QuebecElegy said:

What, that tournament arc was dragged the f**k out and they rushed the ending. YYH is better than most of that type though.

Ric's Youtube: It's fucking awesome of course
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl6qCbzMXEezDBksc9XqUuw

• SwimStar

when you just got through filler and the arc is getting good, but you remember theres even more filler coming soon, kinda ruins it tbh

• SwimStar

Mixboy said:

QuebecElegy said:

it's been 3 weeks i think, i haven't handed in a notice yet, but i've made up my mind that i can't be juggling the random ass hours + uni.

• Swimuminati

QuebecElegy said:

when you just got through filler and the arc is getting good, but you remember theres even more filler coming soon, kinda ruins it tbh

I know exactly what you're talking about...real downer

-Phillies 8/15/2016

• SwimStar

ric_man said:

QuebecElegy said:

What, that tournament arc was dragged the f**k out and they rushed the ending. YYH is better than most of that type though.

i don't think i was watching [as] when flcl premiered
    i don't think the arc was rushed outiside of the fight vs suzuka. the ending seemed fitting for toguro, especially when i think about how this was before everyone started doing the "villian is actually a good guy" trope.

• Swimuminati

QuebecElegy said:

Mixboy said:

QuebecElegy said:

it's been 3 weeks i think, i haven't handed in a notice yet, but i've made up my mind that i can't be juggling the random ass hours + uni.

that's not a bad reason..better than just being tired of working

-Phillies 8/15/2016