If you were born blind
335   15

• Banned

Can you still dream......If you've never seen images then how does your brain construct them......Do they dream in darkness with only the other senses?

Does it manifest itself as the way their brain creates images from touch.....Like if they've never touched a bear, can they ever dream about bears.

And deaf people.....Do their dreams only have pictures......No sound.......I just kind want to feel these things.

It was me.....It was always me.

they see arby's ads as a replacement

if ur reading this ur hot

• Banned

I think blind people's dreams tend to be auditory, if they've been blind all of their lives.

And yeah, deaf people would only have visual dreams.

I wonder what Helen Keller dreamed.

POOP

• Lord Of the Munge Façade

not sure on this question, but i did read a study on a man who lost his sight in infancy but regained it after a surgical procedure later in life. his brain pathways were all f**ked up.

theres this philosophical question; would a man who has been blind all his life but was given back his sight be able to look at a cube and a ball and tell which is which?

the answer is no.

So Luuv hooked me up with a custom rank.

Which means I only have two more prizes to claim, plus an image sig.

So that's where we stand.

• Banned

I'm kind of struggling on this....I mean if he had felt a cube and a ball when he saw them wouldn't he say "well that looks like it would feel round"

I don't know.....I can't overthink shit right now.

• Special Snowflake

I would think the answer is possibly, depending on the man. If the man knows the cube is 3 dimensional representation of a geometrical shape consisting of 6 congruent faces, 12 congruent sides, and 8 congruent vertices while a sphere is the 3 dimensional representation of a geometrical shape consisting of 1 face, 0 sides, and 0 vertices then he should probably be able to figure it out.

• Lord Of the Munge Façade

yes, but what does any of that look like if you've never seen it?

what is the visual representation of a flat face? light hitting a surface evenly? how would you know that if youre entirely unfamiliar with the properties of light?

additionally there is the fact that our eyes dont work like we think they do; really the only thing you actually "see" is a very small portion of your focussed vision which bounces around the environment rapidly; everything else is filled in by your brain based on your expectations of the environment around you, thats why optical illusions work.

So Luuv hooked me up with a custom rank.

Which means I only have two more prizes to claim, plus an image sig.

So that's where we stand.

• Banned

Buddyroe360 said:

I'm kind of struggling on this....I mean if he had felt a cube and a ball when he saw them wouldn't he say "well that looks like it would feel round"

I don't know.....I can't overthink shit right now.

So would this blind man be turned on by the sight of boobs and p***y?

POOP

• Helper

My sister was born blind. Don't talk to her much anymore these days, though. However, she was very delusional and spoiled anyways, so I don't know that she'd be a good source for this type of question.

• Banned

Yes, those are universally awesome.....Anyone that says otherwise is trolling.

• Babbling

Would a blind man know what a tree is?

Would a blind man know what a car is?

Would a blind man know what a skyscraper is?

The answer is yes because he's probably walked into them numerous times because he's blind.

how do you know that the seeing aren't actually blind? and that

the blind really see?

we are all caught in the wordbox
    Way to go, asshole, now we're careening off into space and will definitely die. -.- ~ perfy

• Banned

discolemonade said:

how do you know that the seeing aren't actually blind? and that

the blind really see?

stahp confussing me.

POOP

• Special Snowflake

covered_in_sponges said:

yes, but what does any of that look like if you've never seen it?

what is the visual representation of a flat face? light hitting a surface evenly? how would you know that if youre entirely unfamiliar with the properties of light?

additionally there is the fact that our eyes dont work like we think they do; really the only thing you actually "see" is a very small portion of your focussed vision which bounces around the environment rapidly; everything else is filled in by your brain based on your expectations of the environment around you, thats why optical illusions work.

Irrelevant.
    What's important here isn't knowing exactly what a face looks like, but knowing that 6 > 1 , some > none.
    This is of course, as I said before, contingent on the man's prior knowledge of a cube's defining characteristics. If the man's theoretical knowledge of these characteristics is sound, then what's preventing him from being able to identify the cube even from among a group of objects consisting only of a cube, a rhombohedron, and a rectangular prism?

• Banned

rhombohedron, what a word.

POOP