come on ebay lady, stop fucking with me...
731   32

@Rants

i've been trying to buy these outlet covers from some woman on ebay for two weeks. she had them listed and when i went to buy them, she pulled the listing because they were "sold out" but through email correspondence i found out that she still had several left.

so i waited for a couple weeks, checking every day for them to be relisted. well, about an hour ago, they popped back up in a new listing. so i added all of them to my cart and requested a total from the seller. not two minutes later, she cancelled the orders. the F**K woman!?!

so i emailed her...again...asking what was up. she responded that her listing posted with incorrect quantities, and that she'd relist them shortly. she just relisted them, not two minutes ago...and none of them i tried to buy earlier are out there anymore.

i've been scammed by ebay sellers in the past. i've been jerked around with ridiculous shipping charges, received broken or incomplete items, and all sorts of other bs. but this one has me pissed off. i wouldn't be the least bit surprised if she decided to pull them because she realized they were worth far more than she was selling them for, and i'll see them relisted again tomorrow for about 8x the amount they were listed for today.

i really hate dishonest bitches.

one more mile until we get to heaven!

• SwimVIP

I don't trust eBay anymore.

And the Universe said, "Let there be Zeni's YouTube Channel". And so it was. And it was good.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Zenigundam

neither do i, but this seller is like the only person left on the entire internet who's selling these outlet covers. and she won't let them go. if jersey wasn't so far away... i'd probably still not do anything about it, but i could threaten it at least.

• Helper

Maybe report her to ebay

What the hell is that behind you

• SwimPunk Banned

viperxmns said:

Maybe report her to ebay

Ebay cant force her to sell something. All they can do is get his money back.

I'm causing verbal murder in a major 3rd degree, my name is Beethoven motherfucker, maybe you've heard of me.

viperxmns said:

Maybe report her to ebay

it won't matter. she never charged me for anything, all she did was cancel the request for a total. not relisting an item isn't a violation of anything except being a bitch.

• SwimHero

Zenigundam said:

I don't trust eBay anymore.

I haven't trusted them for over 10 years. Only used eBay for a year or two and switched to using Amazon.
    Amazon is much better anyway.

Usopp Fanatic since 2003.

• Banned

wacky1980 said:

@Rants

i've been trying to buy these outlet covers from some woman on ebay for two weeks. she had them listed and when i went to buy them, she pulled the listing because they were "sold out" but through email correspondence i found out that she still had several left.

so i waited for a couple weeks, checking every day for them to be relisted. well, about an hour ago, they popped back up in a new listing. so i added all of them to my cart and requested a total from the seller. not two minutes later, she cancelled the orders. the F**K woman!?!

so i emailed her...again...asking what was up. she responded that her listing posted with incorrect quantities, and that she'd relist them shortly. she just relisted them, not two minutes ago...and none of them i tried to buy earlier are out there anymore.

i've been scammed by ebay sellers in the past. i've been jerked around with ridiculous shipping charges, received broken or incomplete items, and all sorts of other bs. but this one has me pissed off. i wouldn't be the least bit surprised if she decided to pull them because she realized they were worth far more than she was selling them for, and i'll see them relisted again tomorrow for about 8x the amount they were listed for today.

just report that bitch. she's probably researching how much she should get for them.

POOP

it won't matter. she never officially sold me anything, and never got any of my money.

• Banned

welp, just blow up her computer, i guess.

POOP

• Helper

FieryDoom said:

wacky1980 said:

@Rants

just report that bitch. she's probably researching how much she should get for them.

^ This.

She's playing some sort of game and for all you know, she doesn't actually have any of these items. If she had them, in salable order and wanted to sell them, she's had more than ample opportunity to unload them at this point.

Out of curiosity, do you have a pic / info about these specific outlet covers to share with the class?

...they said i'd live forever, but they lied...it's been much longer...
    Cheerful Supplier of Chaos throughout the Known Universe and Beyond...we now have WTF...
    [this pathetic cry for attention has been brought to you by the letters F, U and the number 2]

I don't think eBay will do anything about it because I can't prove anything malicious. It's entirely possible the lady is just really bad at eBay, but she has a good rating so I don't know. The listing is below. All of the items I tried to buy were changed to out of stock after I attempted their purchase, and yet all the rest are still listed for sale.

• Rants

Are those things even electrically safe?

Because, if they're not, that's probably why you're having to deal with someone on ebay in the first place.

ASMB Member since March 23, 2004.
    If brevity is the soul of wit, then abbreviation is the death of the soul.

Using eBay was your first mistake.

you can buy stainless steel, copper, aluminum, and all sorts of other conductive-material switch plates today in stores. yes, they're electrically safe, as long as the electrician isn't an idiot. and if they weren't, the backs could be coated with an insulator. as i said earlier, there are some in the house already. i'm trying to finish the set.

• Banned

damn, at first i thought they were black plastic.

man, this lady and her f**kery still.

I'm now thinking maybe this lady has them, but maybe as soon as you check out, stock runs out and she thinks she doesn't have them. OK, so I've turned her into a senile old lady.

POOP

Tyler-Pennington said:

Using eBay was your first mistake.

...which is why i searched the entire rest of the internet before placing the bid on ebay. thanks for the insight MKBHD.

i'd be fine buying plastic replica versions of them if anyone made them for <$10 each. i'm looking at buying like 20 of these things, but not at those prices.

• Special Snowflake

I'd there a special reason you don't just get something else?

• Banned

crap, that's a lot of cash you could be spending on beer. How often do these come up for sale on eBay, do you know?

POOP

there is. the house already has some of these in it, and i think they're interesting af. and these were as cheap as buying new plastic plates at the hardware store, so it was worth it.

there's three special reasons.