College offers "black only" sections of required courses
680   25

• Helper

So, a course that includes specific references to values and appreciation for diversity is being offered in a racially segregated format. Brilliant....

It is also illegal....

The probability that we may fail in the struggle aught not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just. -Abraham Lincoln

• Banned

I actually love this idea, but I don't think it goes far enough. Why not a whole separate, but equal, part of campus for blacks only? Even then I don't think they're safe from the white menace. Why not make black and white only colleges so that blacks cannot be oppressed by whites? However, blacks my still encounter whites on public transport, so we must separate them and have blacks ride in the back of the bus (the safest area) so that blacks can do their homework without those pesky whites trying to oppress them.

Even then blacks are going to be oppressed! I say they need their own side of town, where only blacks can go and they will keep the whites out of the black side and the blacks out of the whites side. We can name this amazing initiative after my good friend James Crow who is an inspiration in race relations.

• SwimPunk Banned

You know back in the day during jim crow blacks had their own businesses and communities and when they became too successful white racists like yourself would come and set everything on fire.

I'm causing verbal murder in a major 3rd degree, my name is Beethoven motherfucker, maybe you've heard of me.

• Helper

Buddyroe3 said:

You know back in the day during jim crow blacks had their own businesses and communities and when they became too successful white racists like yourself would come and set everything on fire.

That's because most racists stopped evolving when their caveman ancestor learned to make fire.

...they said i'd live forever, but they lied...it's been much longer...
    Cheerful Supplier of Chaos throughout the Known Universe and Beyond...we now have WTF...
    [this pathetic cry for attention has been brought to you by the letters F, U and the number 2]

• SwimPunk Banned

katt_goddess said:

Buddyroe3 said:

That's because most racists stopped evolving when their caveman ancestor learned to make fire.

Its just funny white racists wish for segregation but when they had it they messed it up.

I'm causing verbal murder in a major 3rd degree, my name is Beethoven motherfucker, maybe you've heard of me.

• IB

We have classes like that at my university but its for students who have let their GPA slip and are on academic probation. I saw they said they have classes for veterans and stuff too so are they just focusing on the race centered classes for media attention?

• Helper

Buddyroe3 said:

katt_goddess said:

Buddyroe3 said:

Its just funny white racists wish for segregation but when they had it they messed it up.

That's because they thought that segregation would keep the 'inferior' people from contaminating the better people and that they'd waste away in their inferior clusters. The second someone supposedly inferior thrives because the assclown in the sheet leaves them alone, that kind of ruins the whole idea of those dang inferiors being nothings.

...they said i'd live forever, but they lied...it's been much longer...
    Cheerful Supplier of Chaos throughout the Known Universe and Beyond...we now have WTF...
    [this pathetic cry for attention has been brought to you by the letters F, U and the number 2]

• Banned

Now with your poor eyesight you don't even need to be able to aim competently!

• Banned

Buddyroe3 said:

Actually, I agree. I thought Jim Crow laws were the best thing for the black community and culture. Black businesses thrived, Jazz was born, and it seemed like everyone lived in relative peace. Malcolm X's words, not mine.

• SwimComrad

Lol...as long as you and Malcolm X are in agreement, all is well with the world.

The day I graced your village, it was the most important day of your life...but for me, it was Tuesday.

• Banned

Gammenon said:

Lol...as long as you and Malcolm X are in agreement, all is well with the world.

I find it funny that the words of a black revolutionary 40 years ago is now considered racist today. He had a good point about segregation being better for blacks.

• IB

Meme_Magic said:

Gammenon said:

I find it funny that the words of a black revolutionary 40 years ago is now considered racist today. He had a good point about segregation being better for blacks.

Eh... I dunno. Im down the with the swirl

• Helper

Vamped said:

We have classes like that at my university but its for students who have let their GPA slip and are on academic probation. I saw they said they have classes for veterans and stuff too so are they just focusing on the race centered classes for media attention?

I don't think that there should be much in the way of attention for veteran's only classes, as those are not illegal.
    The idea of segregated classes has been outlawed for nearly sixty years, why would a college bring it back?

The probability that we may fail in the struggle aught not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just. -Abraham Lincoln

• SwimComrad

Well, I can agree that it is good when any group is allowed to prosper if it isn't at the expense of someone else's well-being.

The day I graced your village, it was the most important day of your life...but for me, it was Tuesday.

• Toonami

Such hypocrisy. Just like the Congressional Black Caucus, etc.

• IB

lol
    I can see and appreciate their intent but they could have handled it better

• Helper

Hollow_Gojira said:

Not really, as the CBC purports to be focused as a group on the issues of the African American community. It is roughly the same as the delegations of Indiana working together.

• Helper

Vamped said:

lol
    I can see and appreciate their intent but they could have handled it better

I just find it to be a really stupid way to do things, and on top of it if you read the course description it says it will focus on appreciating diversity. facepalm

• Banned

Segregation allowed blacks to prosper. They had their own businesses, schools, and culture. Now they have poverty, crime, and resentment.

• IB

This is the way I see it.
    Yes they're wrong for mandating it only be for black students but in some places in the US classes like this could help. I went away to college in Johnson City TN. Its like literally 2 black people there. Long story short, I went back home because the racism was just too intense. It was me and like 4 other black kids that were incoming freshman ... all of us left except one girl because she had basketball scholarship and her own dorm to herself. It would've been too hard to cope ... for me anyway, especially having never experienced racism and discrimination so intensely.
    But thats just my experience, I don't know the demographics of that city or college

• Toonami

Jingai said:

Hollow_Gojira said:

Not really, as the CBC purports to be focused as a group on the issues of the African American community. It is roughly the same as the delegations of Indiana working together.

How is not racist? A Congressional White Caucus would never be allowed.