tasty cold food recipes that keep well in coolers, aaaannnnddd go!
695   46

• Swimuminati

going/volunteering again for a mini festival on my friends deer ranch this weekend. three days, two nights. its so fun! there's camping, late night fresh killed from the morning deer roast, hash moonshine, roughly 20 bands play between two different stages, a third is being built for open jams, some of the p-funk guys he plays with will be doing some music workshops, lots of land and river to explore, softball, disc golf, and more...

anywho, i need to come up with some real food to eat between deer roasts. i was thinking pasta salads or whatever... anything that will keep well in my coolers through the weekend. i don't want to f**k with getting any portable grilling or flat top biz.

suggestions?

am I smilin enough? am I smilin too much? am I tucked in and buckled, do my tits touch? hi, how are you, how high are you?
    less teeth and more tits its never enough. you'll never be good enough.

• Banned

Pasta salad......tupperware, wrap in foil while cold, and add to cooler.

Made a 3 hour trip in 100+ degree heat with the cooler in the trunk and it came out like it was fresh out the fridge......In fact I think you can get away with it with any food

It was me.....It was always me.

• Swimuminati

yeah, that was my first thought. like a couple different kinds of orzo pasta salads. maybe one sweet and another couple savory. i'm pretty generous with the foodz so i want to make a lot to bring.

am I smilin enough? am I smilin too much? am I tucked in and buckled, do my tits touch? hi, how are you, how high are you?

• Swimuminati

never thought about the tinfoil bit though.

thanks for the tip!

• SwimIcon

• Swimuminati

i sincerely appreciate the recommendation... and MAYBE i'll make it in case others want some...

spam though... i can't with that weird meat sponge....

• SwimIcon

it really is quite good.

the trick is not to think about what you're eating...

• Swimuminati

meh, its not what it is... or even how it tastes really

i just can't, the texture makes me want to vom

• Banned

add rock salt to the ice in the cooler to keep everything cold as f**k.

make cole slaw with ham and cheese.

POOP

• Swimuminati

FieryDoom said:

add rock salt to the ice in the cooler to keep everything cold as f**k.

make cole slaw with ham and cheese.

WUUUUUUUUUT! i've never heard of doing such a thing. i'm definitely going to try that.

• Banned

Well, it is vital to making homemade icecream, so seems legit to me.

It was me.....It was always me.

Gazpacho, Pasta salad , potato salad , cold casseroles, stuff like that.

Monsters come in many shapes and sizes . I'm all of them

Firefly24 said:

i sincerely appreciate the recommendation... and MAYBE i'll make it in case others want some...

It's actually not spongey at all , just in case you were being serious, and teriyaki spam is the bomb bay. But if you don't like salty things , yeah , i'd avoid it.

• Swimuminati

ooooooo gazpacho! see this is why i ask these questions

just glad to help miss.

• Swimuminati

zombified35 said:

Firefly24 said:

It's actually not spongey at all , just in case you were being serious, and teriyaki spam is the bomb bay. But if you don't like salty things , yeah , i'd avoid it.

i find it to be sponge like... or at least thats the best way i can describe the weird texture.

like i said, flavor isn't the issue. its the texture. i just can't get around it.

• Swimuminati

rice salad...

rice, chopped tomatoes, seeded and chopped jalapeno peppers, chopped red onions, peas, virgin olive oil, salt and fresh squeezed lemons...keep cold

don't over cook the rice so it stays loose...

dude I swear this time is different. I swear before god, buddah, my dead grandma, and asmb. i will never drink again.

-Phillies 8/15/2016

how are you feeling about produce? and chicken? and spinach wraps?

wheat wraps? the accoutrement may vary.

we are all caught in the wordbox
    Way to go, asshole, now we're careening off into space and will definitely die. -.- ~ perfy

• Swimuminati

ohhhh, this is also a good idea and all i would need to buy is the jalapenos

• Swimuminati

yeah, I usually use it as a side dish, but it's good as a snack and will keep in a fridge or cooler...

dude I swear this time is different. I swear before god, buddah, my dead grandma, and asmb. i will never drink again.

-Phillies 8/15/2016

• Helper

Anything that involves marinating and a fork
    Or keep bread and fillings separate for sandwiches

What the hell is that behind you