Will you be here twenty years from now?
210   16

• SwimSuperHero

Yes. If this place is still here, I'll be here.

Usopp Fanatic since 2003.

Same.

• Rants

Define "here", please.

ASMB Member since March 23, 2004.
    If brevity is the soul of wit, then abbreviation is the death of the soul.

The ASMB. Will you log into the ASMB twenty years from now?

• Rants

I don't think the ASMB will exist after Apple buys Turner Broadcasting.

So, no.

???

When is that supposed to happen?

• Rants

You need to start reading Variety, son.

"Bewkes’ streamlining of Time Warner could make it an attractive takeover target for a well-heeled suitor seeking enviable assets at a time when industry observers believe consolidation among content companies is poised to accelerate. The notion of an Apple-Time Warner union was even briefly considered last year after the two companies worked closely together on the launch of the HBO Now broadband service. The what-if discussion came up in the context of Apple’s pursuit of its TV channel bundling and navigation guide initiatives, but it didn’t advance to the level of Bewkes or Apple CEO Tim Cook, sources say.

"Still, Apple’s interest underscores that Time Warner is seen as a prime M&A target, in part because its operations have been so intensively streamlined. Within CBS Corp., speculation about what a Time Warner merger might look like has increased in the past year, given the natural fit of the broadcast network with Warner Bros. and Turner."

Source: http://variety.com/2016/tv/features/jeff-bewkes-time-warner-merge-1201794546/

Sounds like baseless speculation.

Also, I'm sure Apple would not scrap Adult Swim if it did take over Time Warner.

• Rants

It is not.

Apple is actively preparing to transition beyond tech into media. This is demonstrated by Berkshire Hathaway's purchase of shares back in May:

http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/16/investing/warren-buffett-berkshire-hathaway-apple/

Apple would not scrap [as] if it took over, but the ASMB would be shut down by Turner as an unnecessary and archaic expense either before or during the buyout bidding process.

I hope this doesn't come to pass. But the conversations I've had with my media industry contacts, as well as the folks at Lithium, have all confirmed this very likely scenario.

Even if all that happened, Apple would obviously open its own ASMB forums.

• Rants

Why?

There's no content or culture here anymore. That's why Turner didn't renew with Lithium (according to Lithium).

Because every normal television network or even programming block has its own message board.

• Rants

We're not normal. [as] isn't even a real network. It's just a brand.

• SwimSage Banned

Hey, polls finally work. And yeah probably.

poll should read:

above ground

underground

“It is a fool's prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak.”

― Neil Gaiman