Lets settle this once and for all, which was better
713   24

• SwimSage Banned

Adult Swim Action. Not even close.

• SwimSage Banned

Oops meant to say Action, well people will know what it means.

What good shows did Adult swim action have?

Yu Yu Hakusho, before it was bowdlerized for Toonami, Cowboy Bebop, the good UC Gundams (MSG, 0083, 0080), Trigun, Lupin, Big O Season 2, Evangelion, FMA, FLCL, Paranoia Agent, Blood +, and then the ones people will argue are good such as Eureka Seven, Ghost in the Shell, and Champloo.

• SwimStar

2012-2013 toonami was great and filled with hope, that sadly started showing signs of going downhill when op came along.

ASA had overall better shows than the current block of toonami, but between it and old toonami idk.

"Right. Because it seems to me that you’re exhibiting symptoms of depression, low self worth and anxiety."
    "Those are all different things, right?"

• Special Snowflake

I wasn't sure which to vote for, so made it a tie again!

• SwimSuperHero

Current Toonami.

Usopp Fanatic since 2003.

• Babbling

Remember Blue Gender?

• SwimVIP Banned

Can we split ASA into two eras?

ASA was great from 2002 to 2006 and slightly beats modern Toonami, but aside from Death Note and Brotherhood ASA was nothing but a wasteland after that.

If we counted ASA as a whole, current Toonami wins.

"Wait, I don't remember 'Allahu Akbar' being in the lyrics..." - Eagles Of Death Metal

Ya know I've seen Blood C but not Blood plus.

Eureka and Ghost in the Shell were just boring and uninteresting to me.

Eureka actually reminds me of IBO, mecha bore fest. But not as bad as IBO of course.

Ummm I think the only one I've seen and enjoyed on that list is Trigun.

Oh FLCL was good also.

• SwimComrad

ThorsPenor said:

Remember Blue Gender?

*looks around

I remember...I wish I didn't but I do.

The day I graced your village, it was the most important day of your life...but for me, it was Tuesday.

Why whats Blue Gender about? It was bad I'm guessing?

• SwimSage Banned

Yeah always made me think of Starship Troopers because of the bugs.

• Helper

What I can remember are giant bugs with vag00s for mouths and an ED that never made it to broadcast because boobies.

• Babbling

That was around the time of S Cry Ed or however the f**k it was pronounced. Kill la Kill's outrageous outfits are similar.

Vash the Stampede was also one of my favorites. It was kind of weird when I found out he was a plant.

Blue Gender must not have been very good, I've never heard the slightest mention of it.

• Babbling

Well of course it's no InuYasha.

• Manowarrior

ASA.

Congratulations 2010, 2012, and 2014 San Francisco Giants! Beat LA!

Ain't got no time for bird sex, I wanna fly...

• Toonami

This has been covered loads of times, but since this is a poll...

Adult Swim Action introduced many of us to shows that we love (Lupin, Blood+, Code Geass, Bleach, etc.), but it also had some stuff that many of us would deem downright awful (such as Moribito and Kekkaishi). From what I can remember, new shows were also few and far between.

Current Toonami has aired a lot of shows that are widely-loved, despite what some of the Debbie Downers on this board think about them (pretty much all of the long-runners, Kill la Kill, Attack on Titan, One Punch Man... it's a long list). There were a small handful of shows that many of us could actually agree were "okay" at best and boring as hell at worst (such as Samurai 7 and Casshern Sins), but for the most part it seems to have done a good job of avoiding them. They go for what the fans want and they do it often. No rerunning a series over and over again for a damn decade like what we saw with ASA and stuff like Cowboy Bebop or Inuyasha (coming from someone that actually likes both of them, just so we're clear).

Old Toonami... this one is a bit tricky and people need to remove their nostalgia goggles to look at it fairly. It definitely played a big part in getting some of us into anime in the first place (early years showing us DBZ and the like), but a lot of what they aired... well, I'll touch on some of that in a minute (scroll down if you just want to get straight to it). The later years were also beyond terrible. I mean, don't even get me started on how at one point we were getting what, four or more episodes of Naruto each night? And of filler hell, at that. Like seriously, I love Toonami or death, but when it was initially canned someone had done a pretty good job of digging its grave.

For the people that dislike censorship, let's look at it this way:

• Toonami (now): For the most part, all that's censored is graphic sexuality and f-bombs.
    • ASA: Censored the same and a bit more (couldn't usually get away with airing the word "shit", entire episodes of Bebop were removed at one point, etc.).
    • Toonami (old): 4Kids One Piece and the "we're not lesbians, we're cousins!" dub of Sailor Moon are all that really needs to be said here.

And as far as the intended audience:

• Current Toonami and Adult Swim Action were made for Adult Swim, so it's a given that both blocks picked most of their content with teens and adults in mind.
    • For better or worse, old Toonami was largely aimed at children. It was great at the time, but for the most part many of us feels that way because we grew up watching it. If we had never grown up watching it and had an opportunity to watch a lot of their shows for the first time now, most of us would probably hate a good bit of them due to awful dubs and awful censorship. Anyone that says otherwise is likely a liar or in denial.