Evangelion 3.33 discussion, you can (not) fap
374   14

• SwimElder Banned

Obviously spoilers!

Yo... was watching this the other day... a few of my thoughts...
    Amazing anime! A few things seemed out of place/vague.

-what exactly happened to Rei?? Is she a new replicant or the original Shinji saved at the end of 2.0? Its not clear what she is either.. in the conversation between Shinji and Fuyutsuki its revealed she is a "replicant" as indicated by the row of severed robotic heads of Rei on the shelf. However in the original series it indicated she is a clone of Yui, not a robot.

-What exactly is Kawaru? It seems he is actually human AND angel (13th?) as indicated by the fact he has a "soul". He implies this fact when he accuses Rei of not having a soul and therefore not capable of starting the 4th impact.

-Mari has turned into too much of a Bad Ass... this is too overdone this time.

-Why is Shinji's body in stasis above earth protected by a Nemesis drone which is also an angel? Code Blue means angel right???

-The eva Rei occupies is refers to as "the vessel of the adams". Is this the original unit 00?

-what exactly is Gendo's secret plan with the 4th impact?

-Did anyone else notice at the end of the movie Gendo and Fuyutsuki are in the cockpit of seemingly another enormous mysterious contraption??

-what the f**k is human instrumentality??? The explanation is different this time from the original series. and where the f**k did Wille come from??
    and why is Shinji still a little cry baby? And why is Kawaru so gay??

"I'm moving and not moving at all. I'm like the moon underneath the waves that ever go on rolling and rocking."

• SwimElder Banned

"I'm moving and not moving at all. I'm like the moon underneath the waves that ever go on rolling and rocking."

• SwimElder Banned

• SwimSage Banned

I still need to watch this one. I liked the other two rebirth movies but hear a lot of mixed things about this one.

Not really a fan of the remakes, prefer the original series and End of Eva.....didn't really like how they just added characters....it kinda took away from the mains, also too condensed, first movie felt rushed.

"What do you mean lower myself? That's the only thing I've ever been. Just a simple human that couldn't save a little girl" -Edward Elric

• Toonami

answering all your questions is gonna take a while, and I'm basing my answers purely off what I know of the original series in relation to rebuild

-the Rei in 3.33 is Rei 3, in the original series Gendo had hundreds of clones of Rei, the first rei he killed so he could put her original soul inside her Eva, the second rei he grafted Lillith's Soul into so he could use her to cause instrumentality, after the second Rei was killed, he re-grafted Lillith's soul into another clone(who ultimately rebelled because Gendo is a monster and Lillith is not evil like him), why they have robot heads is not revealed....because Rei 3 was another clone of Yui in the original, so her origin may have been radically changed

-Kaworu is the same kind of lifeform as Rei, he is an Angel in a cloned human vessel, in his case he is Adam's soul inside a clone of an Unspecified man(my theory is he's a clone of Misato's father)

-Mari's been something of a proto-Mary sue since her introduction, some people think she's another lifeform like Rei and Kaworu(and that she's a clone of Asuka's mother) but there's no proof of that

-Apperently Shinji is the trigger for Human Instrumentality now, not Rei/Lillith......how that happened isn't revealed yet

-we don't know what "Vessel of the Adams" means yet, but in the original Series unit 01 was Yui Ikari, it seems the mother's soul system might not exist in rebuild

-I dunno what Gendo's plan is....in the original he was just a nutcase that wanted to destroy all of humanity for shits and giggles and used his own wife and son as tools to do it

-Guess they made a super Eva

-in the original human instrumentality was the act of having all of humanity explode into orange fluid and have Lillith Harvest their souls inside her body....in Rebuild it's apperently just a mass extinction of humanity with no mystical elements, Wille is a resistance movement founded by all the Nerve employees who found out Gendo was evil(apperently Nerve's personnel have some free will in rebuild), Shinji is a crybaby because he's an author avatar of Anno and Anno has clinical depression, and Kaworu is gay because...he's literally supposed to be Gay, Anno said so, the fanbase just thinks the Idea of Shinji being Bi is icky so they like to deny it, Anno made their relationship more blatant in rebuild because in the early drafts of the original series they actually spent some time as a romantic couple before Kaworu's death

• Toonami

BattleAngel_Phillies said:

http://www.angryzenmaster.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/evangelion3.jpg

I'm honestly Surprised you didn't mention anything about Asuka, all the teeth on one side of her mouth are now shark-like and she calls humans "lillin" now.....the person who did that in the original series was Kaworu

• Toonami

ric_man said:

I still need to watch this one. I liked the other two rebirth movies but hear a lot of mixed things about this one.

to be fair rebuild 3 was a last minuet script re-write.......as evident by the ORIGINAL 3.33 trailer it was originally supposed to be a direct adaption of the episodes following Unit 01 eating Zeurel's S2 Engine, but then Anno got depressed again, so he threw out the original script and threw together a Horribly depressing replacement script that made no sense

• SwimElder Banned

ric_man said:

This is the Rebuild not Rebirth. I think. :|

• SwimElder Banned

scope85 said:

Not really a fan of the remakes, prefer the original series and End of Eva.....didn't really like how they just added characters....it kinda took away from the mains, also too condensed, first movie felt rushed.

Only thing I don't like is how movies #1 and #2 are simply repeats of the original story aside from new characters. As amazing as they are I felt something was lacking until I saw Q. The newness is what makes it interesting.

• SwimElder Banned

how did you get to be such an Eva guru?

• SwimElder Banned

mochi said:

http://www.angryzenmaster.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/evangelion3.jpg

I'm honestly Surprised you didn't mention anything about Asuka, all the teeth on one side of her mouth are now shark-like and she calls humans "lillin" now.....the person who did that in the original series was Kaworu

This is another example of the type of stuff that pisses me off about Eva. The lack of concrete storyline or details. The viewer is left trying to determine this shit, to no satisfaction it appears. :|

• SwimSage Banned

ric_man said:

This is the Rebuild not Rebirth. I think. :|

Oh yeah, I meant to say Rebuild.

• Toonami

how did you get to be such an Eva guru?

I've been one for a long time