itt: your unpopular gaming opinions
1701   69

• SwimStar

life is strange has the best story of any game this decade
    bioshock infinite was a great game
    heavenly sword>any god of war game
    those are the only ones i can think of atm

"Right. Because it seems to me that you’re exhibiting symptoms of depression, low self worth and anxiety."
    "Those are all different things, right?"

• SwimStar

vanquish is still the best game pg ever made

"Right. Because it seems to me that you’re exhibiting symptoms of depression, low self worth and anxiety."
    "Those are all different things, right?"

• Banned

I agree. Amazing storyline

• IB

Super Mario Brothers 3 is better than World.

• SwimNinja

Star Trek Legacy was a fun game.

Here in Cloud Cuckoo Land, there are no rules: There's no government, no baby sitters, no bedtimes, no frowny faces, no bushy mustaches, and no negativity of any kind. And there's also no consistency.

• SwimPeanut Banned

Final Fantasy 8 was garbage and your wifu Rinoa is shit tier like all the other characters.

• Special Snowflake

Gordon Freeman is a shitty character.

Memento Mori

• SwimVIP

Skyrim on PS4/Xbox One will be better than any Elder Scrolls ever released.

And the Universe said, "Let there be Zeni's YouTube Channel". And so it was. And it was good.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Zenigundam

• SwimSuperFan

Skyrim on Ps4/Xbone will look and play almost the same as on pc, except without visual mods which means the game will still look like dogshit.

Bush did 9/11

• SwimSuperFan

bnmjv said:

I honestly think people that go on claiming HL2 was a great game are simply saying that cause it's pretty much a meme at this point, when in truth the game was meh at best. Gordon Freeman is boring as shit.

In other news, this makes post number 1000 for me

Bush did 9/11

• Special Snowflake

Deathgod201 said:

bnmjv said:

I honestly think people that go on claiming HL2 was a great game are simply saying that cause it's pretty much a meme at this point, when in truth the game was meh at best. Gordon Freeman is boring as shit.

Valve said you the player are supposed to be Gordon, but I'm not buying that. Many characters you encounter comment on Gordon's lack of words. It's just an excuse for lazy ass writing. At least Chell had a reason to be quiet.

Memento Mori

• SwimSuperFan

bnmjv said:

Deathgod201 said:

bnmjv said:

Valve said you the player are supposed to be Gordon, but I'm not buying that. Many characters you encounter comment on Gordon's lack of words. It's just an excuse for lazy ass writing. At least Chell had a reason to be quiet.

I agree. I really do hate the whole "you are the character!" shit game companies do to basically cheap out on game development. I hate when your character is essentially a mannequin that just stands there while everything goes on around you (which is even more cheap and lazy when it comes to games that do that and it's a first person game).

Other games that have done that that really annoy me is some Nintendo games such as the Pokemon series where you always just stand there and sometimes get a dialogue choice, there's also Zelda series which I think by 2016 there's no reason why Link can't have lines, except muh nostalgia. Another game at the top of my head that did that was Ass Creed 4, how the modern day part is nothing more than a floating camera pretty much, everything just going on around you. When Ubisoft was questioned about this, they did the whole "You are the character!" shit. When they were asked if you'd be able to have dialogue choices or anything of the sort in the modern day period, they replied again with "You are the character!"

It's lazy, and cheap, and in this day in age it's unacceptable.

Bush did 9/11

• IB

bnmjv said:

So is Mario.

FF8 was terrible, how is that an unpopular opinion? It was really bad and the junction and draw system was awful.

I thought people loved bioshock infinite?

• IB

8 was great. The writing was bad, but the Junction System and the game world made that game.

• Other Anime

The PS2 Grand Theft Auto games aged terribly and leave the player with no desire to beat the game more than once. Having to wrangle with the controls during missions where failure means either going to the hospital or having to make a U-turn back to the mission start area is beyond infuriating. Vice City is the only one I like replaying whenever I want to dick around and drive around to 80's music, but III's Liberty City is very bland and San Andreas was so big that it became miserable having to drive from city-to-city when the bumf**k nowhere/city ratio skews towards bumf**k nowhere, recreating the feeling of going on a long, dreadful roadtrip. At least the Los Santos of V felt easier to navigate around with stable aircrafts and good shortcuts.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle was actually a ton of fun and felt more like a JoJo game in that it did a better job at replicating how characters fought in the series than the Capcom Stardust Crusaders fighting game.

Muscle, muscle! Hustle, hustle!

buck bumble is a video game

if ur reading this ur hot

• Toonami

For the most part, Duke Nukem Forever was a fun game.

Alice: Madness Returns was a terrible game in almost every regard, the only exception being the visuals.

• SwimHero

Greeny said:

bnmjv said:

So is Mario.

why does it even matter?
    the guy is the star of the most popular platforming games.
    who cares if hes a shitty character.

also disagree with deathgod, i like link better this way.

Janeway Rules!

• IB

distorted_reasoning said:

Greeny said:

bnmjv said:

So is Mario.

why does it even matter?
    the guy is the star of the most popular platforming games.
    who cares if hes a shitty character.

also disagree with deathgod, i like link better this way.

I didn't say it mattered.

I loved the almost all of the last episode of Life is Strange (some minor grievances) and am mostly fine with the ending.
    I didn't like the story, nor characters, of Fire Emblem Awakening, with the exception of Tharja and Henry who were both amazing.