Steven Universe seems to have done a complete flip flop on it's moral**spoiler**
1038   47

• Toonami

season 1 & 2 moral = no one is pure evil and everyone deserves a second chance

season 3 onwards moral = some people are pure evil and need to die for the greater good

(''>_>''), seriously Bismuth wanted to kill Gems and was portrayed as being sympathetic, Jasper is gone for good due to being corrupted, Steven found out Rose killed Pink Diamond and the gems told him that she had to for the greater good and he agree'd, and also he Killed 5 Rubies

if they used this logic in season 1 and 2 Lapis and Peridot would've been killed as generic villians a-la DBZ

• SwimNinja

I've only seen one episode and it involved his backpack.

Here in Cloud Cuckoo Land, there are no rules: There's no government, no baby sitters, no bedtimes, no frowny faces, no bushy mustaches, and no negativity of any kind. And there's also no consistency.

it's a good point to throw out that Steven is also growing up and realizing that there's no such thing as complete good or complete evil ...hell half of the gems shown seem to have developed war related trauma or have gone partly insane...he tried to save that one ruby but it still tried to kill him, never realizing that it would have been lost to the cosmic winds even IF it succeeded in killing him.

The Big T

• Toonami

PrincessUnikitty said:

I've only seen one episode and it involved his backpack.

season 3 got dark fast

When did he kill five rubies?

• Toonami

Thisidiot said:

it's a good point to throw out that Steven is also growing up and realizing that there's no such thing as complete good or complete evil ...hell half of the gems shown seem to have developed war related trauma or have gone partly insane...he tried to save that one ruby but it still tried to kill him, never realizing that it would have been lost to the cosmic winds even IF it succeeded in killing him.

true.....even the good Gems are basically Evil.....I mean Garnet Amethyst and Pearl used Lapis as a slave for thousands of years even though they knew she was still sentient inside the mirror....something she was initially very pissed off about,

she chose to take all her anger at the Crystal gems out on Jasper, who she just met, and hadn't specifically wronged her in any way aside from putting her in a holding cell for a few minuets

• Toonami

JNBmax said:

he sent them into the vacuum of Space....which didn't kill them immediately....but if you payed attention the eyeball Ruby kept saying she'd eventually die out there....so....he basically sentanced them to a slow death

• SwimVIP Banned

Season 4 moral: Fuck it. No-one matters. Kill everyone.

Y-you-you get that BUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRPPP Morty?

"Wait, I don't remember 'Allahu Akbar' being in the lyrics..." - Eagles Of Death Metal

mochi said:

JNBmax said:

he sent them into the vacuum of Space....which didn't kill them immediately....but if you payed attention the eyeball Ruby kept saying she'd eventually die out there....so....he basically sentanced them to a slow death

You aren't talking about the tonight's new episode are you?
    Because that would be messed up if you were
    Also did he?
    Pretty sure they don't need oxygen
    Also they would most likely fall down to earth

because Steven...she trusted him enough to know Jasper was the bigger threat and threw everything she had into keeping that psycho mess pinned for as long as possible .. the kid's only now starting to realize that not everything is as it seems and if he wants to hold onto his world view that 'not everything has to be destroyed and everyone can be saved' he's going to have to bust his ass to move over and become more then his mother .. someone who he thought once was 'purity personified' and could do no wrong...but now we're finding out she had secrets...real secrets...the kind that can make or break alliances.

The Big T

• Toonami

JNBmax said:

mochi said:

JNBmax said:

You aren't talking about the tonight's new episode are you?
    Because that would be messed up if you were
    Also did he?
    Pretty sure they don't need oxygen
    Also they would most likely fall down to earth

I am....Steven and the 5 Rubies got sucked into the vacuum of space in yesterday's ep, in tonights ep he tried to make friends with eyeball ruby while they drifted through space in one of Steven's Bubbles, eventually he saves her life and she tries to stab him to death so he throws her into the vaccum of space as well....some time passes and Garnet Amethyst and Pearl find him, tell him he should kill/shatter gems from now on if he really thinks he has to, he agrees, episode ends

• Toonami

Thisidiot said:

because Steven...she trusted him enough to know Jasper was the bigger threat and threw everything she had into keeping that psycho mess pinned for as long as possible .. the kid's only now starting to realize that not everything is as it seems and if he wants to hold onto his world view that 'not everything has to be destroyed and everyone can be saved' he's going to have to bust his ass to move over and become more then his mother .. someone who he thought once was 'purity personified' and could do no wrong...but now we're finding out she had secrets...real secrets...the kind that can make or break alliances.

frankly the fact that G,A&P were keeping Lapis as a slave for thousands of years should've been a big red flag to him that things were deeper than he thought

I have my doubts Rose actually shattered PD.

she wasn't a slave tho..pretty sure she was considered corrupt and damaged...a slave would imply they used her against her will for things like labor... the Crystal Gems aren't bad ...they just don't seem to have an idea on what to do with others without Rose or Steven around because they know it's dangerous to have the corrupt and damaged running around ...like an insane asylum if the patients got loose

The Big T

• Banned

Thisidiot said:

she wasn't a slave tho..pretty sure she was considered corrupt and damaged...a slave would imply they used her against her will for things like labor... the Crystal Gems aren't bad ...they just don't seem to have an idea on what to do with others without Rose or Steven around because they know it's dangerous to have the corrupt and damaged running around ...like an insane asylum if the patients got loose

They diddled her.

• SwimPeanut Banned

So the horrible show is inconsistent.

I am not surprised in the least.

• Special Snowflake

White Diamond will soon appear with the whitest hardest dick in the universe and institute the patriarchy on the gems.

Memento Mori

• Banned

metatron4 said:

So the horrible show is inconsistent.

I am not surprised in the least.

I keep hearing that it's a really great show...

From grown men in their 20s and 30s.

P. Diddle! D:

• Toonami

Thisidiot said:

to quote Lapis

"You three, KNEW I was in there, and you didn't do ANYTHING!!!, DID YOU EVEN WONDER WHO I USED TO BE!!?!?!, I'M LAPIS LAZULI, AND YOU CAN'T KEEP ME TRAPPED HERE ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!"

also Pearl owns many other "Gem-powered" objects....like the Desert Glass....it's a pillow with a Gem trapped in it just like Lapis was trapped in the mirror....it's Gem is also not cracked like Lapis's was....they had some plausible deniability that they might have had reason to belive Lapis was no longer conscious ....the Desert Glass's gem looks fully in-tact.....so what proof do they have that She's corrupted, they've never seen her form a body

edit: also, the temple Gem and Lighthouse Gems never formed a body either....they were sealed inside Buildings...and both seemed quite happy when Steven relesed them....they might have been conscious Gems being used a slave labor too

• Toonami

bnmjv said:

White Diamond will soon appear with the whitest hardest dick in the universe and institute the patriarchy on the gems.

all gems are girls

even ones with pecs and Adam's apples

edit: that said all the Masculine looking ones so far have been portrayed as evil and dangerous and not worth any salvation or redemption so you kind of have a point