Ghostbusters on track for $70 million loss, Internet still arguing about it
675   26

• SwimPeanut Banned

Are we all calm now?

• Banned

LOL, all the merchandise at Wally World is already 75% off.

It was me.....It was always me.

• Toonami

metatron4 said:

Are we all calm now?

i agree

• Banned

they can f**k the f**k off and leave the cartoons alone as well.

POOP

• SwimSuperFan Banned

No.

The TrumperGamers still have to claim this as a victory... somehow.

I have reached acceptance.

Blatch's Toonami Ratings Timeline

Escalator

• Wednesdays: Squid Girl (in my dedicated thread)
    • Sundays: TBA
    • Random days: Re:ZERO (anime watching thread, w/ commentary on Imgur)

• Check It Out!

Blatch0 said:

No.

What does this even mean?

• Banned

Didn't someone post a reviewer calling it a landmark for feminism or something? Hah.

WE ROLEPLAYED THINGS

• SwimSuperFan Banned

Chocolate_Soda said:

Blatch0 said:

No.

What does this even mean?

You can pick and choose.

I have reached acceptance.

Blatch's Toonami Ratings Timeline

Escalator

• Wednesdays: Squid Girl (in my dedicated thread)
    • Sundays: TBA
    • Random days: Re:ZERO (anime watching thread, w/ commentary on Imgur)

• SwimNinja

Movie studios need to stop tacking on bloated budgets. At least a quarter of the big cgi effects in Ghostbusters were unnecessary, and I had no idea until recently how much money they spent on that dance scene in the credits. This mentality that every movie has to cost hundreds of millions and needs to make half a billion dollars in order to succeed really needs to be put on a backburner except for extreme circumstances. I think Star Trek Beyond is having the same problem along with other summer releases, and it's just dumb.

"The enemy of my enemy is just another man standing in my way." -Nikita

Half a billion dollars world wide isn't as much as you think it is.

You called down the thunder. Well, now you've got it!

• Puppy Power

Sorce said:

Movie studios need to stop tacking on bloated budgets. At least a quarter of the big cgi effects in Ghostbusters were unnecessary, and I had no idea until recently how much money they spent on that dance scene in the credits. This mentality that every movie has to cost hundreds of millions and needs to make half a billion dollars in order to succeed really needs to be put on a backburner except for extreme circumstances. I think Star Trek Beyond is having the same problem along with other summer releases, and it's just dumb.

The problem, though, is that animation and computer generated content is extremely important to audiences even if they're not necessarily aware of it. Obviously, movies that are character driven don't require that level of sophistication, but even something like, say, The Revenant, requires extensive manipulation to make the more dramatic moments, well, dramatic. Advances in computer generated imagery means that we can have more realistic perspectives even in the most banal of moments and audiences to react to it. If the scene is realistic, it probably won't even get a mention in the critical review, but if there is a problem, it will get noticed. The reality is that an action/comedy movie like Ghostbusters needs to have that exorbient budget to work, and that has less to do with the quality of the movie in general and more to do with what audiences expect.

09/13/03

• Banned

Sorce said:

Maybe Hollywood should get a clue and make movies with characters you care about instead of this bullshit:
    alt text

POOP

• Banned

The other day I was thinking about how I haven't seen a movie like The Exorcist in years. Those Simon Pegg movies come the closest to it but nobody knows how to really grab you anymore. They try and do it with sex and flash now rather than anything of substance.

WE ROLEPLAYED THINGS

• SwimPeanut

My local Walmart is trying to get rid of much of the merchandise as possible. Very bad juju.

真実はいつもひとつ!

• SwimHero

They probably will mess up the animated spinoffs too.
    It's too bad they couldn't have done an animated version of the original Ghostbusters in the first place.
    Might have done better. Although not if they still had the same director as the 2016 Ghostbusters.

Usopp Fanatic since 2003.

• SwimPeanut Banned

What a load of shit. The original had a budget of $30 million and made more than this turd. Not only that, f**king breakfast club had a budget of $1 million and did better than this heap. It's almost as if people like movies more for interesting characters, situations, and plots rather than Hollywood corporate trash.

• Puppy Power

Wut?

Well, I doubt that either of those movies would have been made for those budgets today. There is something to be said about how increased capabilities begetting increased expectations. The FX in the original were slick for the time.

09/13/03

• SwimPeanut Banned

I'm saying you're full of shit and I'm providing examples. The best grossing movies of all time had somewhat interesting characters and stories. Movies that stand the test of time don't always have the best special effects.

• Puppy Power

Yeah, that wasn't my point.

09/13/03

• ShoeHands

All this proves is that people wont buy into paying a bunch of money to see a shitty movie

Most of us knew that thats all this was. A really shitty movie. Not some huge social commentary on women or feminism or any of the other bullshit that everyone tried to say this was.

It was a bad movie, that was received as it should have been.

I would say this is should be a sign for Hollywood to figure out that just remaking our old movies with an "edgy twist" doesnt mean we are going to see it. But we all know thats not going to happen.

I could never lie to you, You're like the greatest pot smoking republican hippie I know.-1POOH4U

• SwimPeanut Banned

Either you don't know what your point was or you're trolling. You're saying a movie like Ghostbusters needed a huge budget to be successful, I proved you wrong by showing you the original didn't have a huge budget.