4

lack of concern for personal safety
922   46

  • Swimuminati
    0

    recently i found myself beginning to think that i should address this issue with myself. i've never been an overly cautious person because i generally take on the belief that doing so typically results in stress and sometimes more harm than protection.

    an article in the local news released stats for crime thus far in 2016 and i am happy to know that crime is down significantly from the previous years. now, i'm not sayin that i should ignore a sense of caution, but i am certainly not going to have anymore arguments with people about walking home at night (actually, to friends homes, haha) instead of driving drunk or getting in a car with their drunk asses.

    i don't have the stats from last year or the previous readily available but there were far more assults, criminal sexual conduct, and homicides happening the last 2-5 years in these neighborhoods. in general, i think its due to an increase of police presence, summer programs for teens, and a slight increase in local economy. i don't think i will be buying any weapons for protection anytime soon

    what about where you live and/or spend most of your time? have you seen in increase or decrease in local criminal activity? what do you think is the cause?

    how often do you concern yourself over personal safety?

    am I smilin enough? am I smilin too much? am I tucked in and buckled, do my tits touch? hi, how are you, how high are you?
    less teeth and more tits its never enough. you'll never be good enough.


  • IB
    1

    Someone gets murdered literally everyday in my city so ..... I shall not be walking home alone from anywhere lol


  • SwimElder
    1

    Almost all crime committed is over drug addiction and 95% percent of people on the US penel system are there for drug addiction related to either heroin or cocaine, either directly or indirectly. Its not for weed or booze either.

    In the USA 2.3 million people are incarcerated. The statistic released say 20% are in for drug related crimes, which is bull shit cause its nearly 100%.

    Depends on the township/city. The higher the taxes in your locality the less likely the crime. Criminal enterprises that effect small scenarios happen literally where you find that class of people. Which is not the higher tax bracket, either for consuming or selling drugs.

    "I'm moving and not moving at all. I'm like the moon underneath the waves that ever go on rolling and rocking."


  • Swimuminati
    0

    yeah, that sucks.

    in my county the statistics are different and there are plenty of homicides and whatnot. the statistics for the city above is an area of the county where i spend about 70% of my time being that it surrounds downtown and stretches along to the public beach. so that is where i am usually most interested in seeing. i very frequently stumble drunkie for a 1-4 miles through those neighborhoods. sometimes alone and sometimes with a friend or two and typically at night. i do so unarmed with anything but myself and a cellphone and generally feel safe in doing such.... much to the dismay of other people. seeing the statistics makes me feel better about my position though.

    am I smilin enough? am I smilin too much? am I tucked in and buckled, do my tits touch? hi, how are you, how high are you?
    less teeth and more tits its never enough. you'll never be good enough.


  • Swimuminati
    0

    BattleAngel_Phillies said:

    Almost all crime committed is over drug addiction and 95% percent of people on the US penel system are there for drug addiction related to either heroin or cocaine, either directly or indirectly. Its not for weed or booze either.

    In the USA 2.3 million people are incarcerated. The statistic released say 20% are in for drug related crimes, which is bull shit cause its nearly 100%.

    Depends on the township/city. The higher the taxes in your locality the less likely the crime. Criminal enterprises that effect small scenarios happen literally where you find that class of people. Which is not the higher tax bracket, either for consuming or selling drugs.

    this city within the county is the highest taxed, second lowest in income, and second highest in minority population. i'm not entirely sure what the statistics on drugs are there vs other cities within the county though.

    am I smilin enough? am I smilin too much? am I tucked in and buckled, do my tits touch? hi, how are you, how high are you?
    less teeth and more tits its never enough. you'll never be good enough.


  • SwimElder
    1

    You only gotta worry about the crack heads and junkies at night. Its the only scenario you might encounter walking around , one of those guys might want to grab your purse. If its on a main street in a reasonably policed area there is nothing to worry about. Crack heads and junkies aren't stupid. They don't wanna harm you or go to jail, they just want your money.
    Just be smart there is nothing to worry about.

    "I'm moving and not moving at all. I'm like the moon underneath the waves that ever go on rolling and rocking."


  • Swimuminati
    0

    yeah, that is generally how i feel anyways. most of the crackheads are in a portion of the county which i spend little time because there aren't even many businesses there, besides a few good food joints, to draw me in.

    am I smilin enough? am I smilin too much? am I tucked in and buckled, do my tits touch? hi, how are you, how high are you?
    less teeth and more tits its never enough. you'll never be good enough.


  • Banned
    1

    not saying where exactly i live, but it's between numbers 15 and 24. Not bad at all.

    Also, I don't go out at night. Well, not to clubs and those shit places.

    POOP


  • Swimuminati
    0

    yeah, thats not too bad.

    we don't have clubs here. its just breweries and little bars along the harbor and lake michigan that sell pre good brews at decent prices.

    am I smilin enough? am I smilin too much? am I tucked in and buckled, do my tits touch? hi, how are you, how high are you?
    less teeth and more tits its never enough. you'll never be good enough.


  • Banned
    1

    I'm a pretty big guy so I don't think about it much. I intentionally present myself a certain way though, and I think it doesn't lend to people messing with me. Before you ask, I just live in jeans and a t-shirt. But in my adult life hardly anyone has messed with me. Even had a beer with a couple bloods that said they would have never come up to me cause white guys with tattoos like I have are usually "those white power motherf**kers."

    WE ROLEPLAYED THINGS


  • Banned
    1

    We only have one brewery here and as far as I know they are still in the experimentation stage as I have yet to see any beer out of them.

    POOP


  • Swimuminati
    0

    In_The_Laundry_Room said:

    I'm a pretty big guy so I don't think about it much. I intentionally present myself a certain way though, and I think it doesn't lend to people messing with me. Before you ask, I just live in jeans and a t-shirt. But in my adult life hardly anyone has messed with me. Even had a beer with a couple bloods that said they would have never come up to me cause white guys with tattoos like I have are usually "those white power motherf**kers."

    it must be pretty nice. i probably would walk on the side of caution should such instances present themselves... but i'm a 5'1 female at less than 110lbs. and although my lower body strength is pretty great, i can't say the same for upper body.

    point being, not so very intimidating. lol

    am I smilin enough? am I smilin too much? am I tucked in and buckled, do my tits touch? hi, how are you, how high are you?
    less teeth and more tits its never enough. you'll never be good enough.


  • Swimuminati
    0

    give it some time, they're spreading like wildfire, cuz drunks

    am I smilin enough? am I smilin too much? am I tucked in and buckled, do my tits touch? hi, how are you, how high are you?
    less teeth and more tits its never enough. you'll never be good enough.


  • SwimHero
    1

    i am never concerned.
    i have decided long ago that i will not worry about things outside my control.

    Janeway Rules!


  • Banned
    2

    distorted_reasoning said:

    i am never concerned.
    i have decided long ago that i will not worry about things outside my control.

    POOP


  • SwimHero
    0

    boom headshot!

    Janeway Rules!


  • Puppy Power
    4

    I tend to be hyperaware regardless of my surroundings so ... always? I think of terms of consequences so I tend to question every action I make, even the seemingly innocuous ones.

    09/13/03


  • SwimParagon
    1

    The area I live in is pretty dang safe, so I don't usually go out armed, but I'm typically on the watch for at least purse-s****hers in crowded areas. I keep that sucker closed until I need something, and afterward right back to closed. Haven't had issues.

    "I feel like I should be banning way more of you." -- SwimMod_Luuv


  • Puppy Power
    1

    That totally unnecessary censorship completely changed your post.

    09/13/03


  • SwimParagon
    2

    Eeeyip. I sure hate them folks who take dumps in mah purse.

    "I feel like I should be banning way more of you." -- SwimMod_Luuv


  • 1

    scoobdog said:

    I tend to be hyperaware regardless of my surroundings so ... always? I think of terms of consequences so I tend to question every action I make, even the seemingly innocuous ones.

    yip.

    we are all caught in the wordbox
    Way to go, asshole, now we're careening off into space and will definitely die. -.- ~ perfy


Log in to reply