Open letter to all that want the boards shut down.
3713   87

• Banned

Why won't you just leave?......Understand, I'm not asking anyone to leave....If you leave, who will I torment. Please stay.

But I can't figure out for the life of me why if a thing does not meet your level of satisfaction why you want to see it destroyed for anyone that doesn't feel the same as you.

Sushi sucks, I don't like sushi......They should stop making sushi. That's you.....That's how you sound.

Sure, the boards are in a decline.....Have been pretty much since I've signed up 8 years ago......So many people have left, but there is still enough going on to keep me logging in, and I'm ok with what it's become. It's not at all optimal, but it's still a thing for me.

So I'm simply asking......Why expend so much time bitching about something you are free to excuse yourself from at your own free will? No one is a prisoner here.......Cept maybe Luuv. I think his heart is legitimately tied to forum.

Maybe try destroying Luuv if you want it gone so badly.

It was me.....It was always me.

• SwimSuperFan Banned

I'm just waiting for enough people to leave so that me and Poke can do some really lewd shit and not get caught.

I have reached acceptance.

Blatch's Toonami Ratings Timeline

Escalator

• Wednesdays: Squid Girl (in my dedicated thread)
    • Sundays: TBA
    • Random days: Re:ZERO (anime watching thread, w/ commentary on Imgur)

• Banned

I think you're probably the most popular guy here, so maybe your ego loves this place a bit more than your average user.

I'm not saying you NEED this place. I'm sure if you went to reddit or imgur or any of the other places where people go to waste time on the net, you'd do well there, too.

Anyway, if this place dies, I'm sure I'll go someplace else. I just hate that a lot of the people I used to hang out with aren't here anymore.

POOP

• IB

I shall respond to this open letter with a closed letter of my own:

O

blah blah gay sex blah blah balloons. :|

• SwimHero

people love to bitch.

Janeway Rules!

Some people just aren't happy if they don't have something to bitch about.

• Banned

I'm really not even that popular.....Besides Babblers and maybe a few out of other folders that tolerate my bullshit, I'm in no way on the level of the OGs that still poke in from time to time......Hell, I think I was 3rd place among the worst people here.

And I don't think it's my ego is tied to this place......Kinda * goes gay * my heart........I've been a part of so many forums and managed to get the same mix of adoration and bitter disdain that I crave......It's just something more about this place.......As I've said a few times before over the years, this is the only place that I came to troll exclusively, but abandoned the mission because I actually enjoyed it here.

Don't get me wrong, I still troll it, but not to the point I do like pretty much everywhere else.

Buddyroe360 said:

Why ...

But I can't figure out for the life of me why ...

So I'm simply asking......Why ...

everyone...altogether now...

BEEEECAAAAAUUUUSE -

really though. some people don't have the willpower to just avoid the place. it would be easier for them to give it up if it just stopped existing. kinda like smoking, right? i hate that i still smoke. but i need that cigarette every now and again to keep myself from ending up in a cell. if cigarettes stopped being available, then i'd finally be able to stop smoking without murdering a bitch because the temptation would go away.

i think that's the same thing as this desire for the boards to die. i don't really care either way; i enjoy this place from time to time, and if it stays i'll keep coming around. if it goes away though, i'll probably still find a way to get through the day.

• Banned

Didn't even know you smoked.....See, I learned something, and that's what I need because I'm a pompous knowitall.

But seriously, how f**king great is smoking......I mean I don't anymore....Cigs that is.....But man, cigs made almost everything better except my breath.

• Puppy Power

FieryDoom said:

I think you're probably the most popular guy here, so maybe your ego loves this place a bit more than your average user.

I'm not popular, and I still visit this place every single day. I don't doubt that those people who need their ego stoked are going to take poorly to the new format and its vastly reduced traffic, but this place isn't any worse than the old boards for the average user. Sawdy's roast thread was a bag worthy as anything that every showed up on the old boards. The show discussions aren't any worse than anything else before. The content itself isn't the problem even if the users (or lack thereof) has been.

09/13/03

• SwimPeanut Banned

Because it's like seeing your buddy who died a few years back still bought out like he's still here. It's time to let it go.

been smoking since i was like 12 or 13, and i'm at a point right now where i probably smoke less than i ever have in the last 20 years. trying to wean myself off of them entirely, esp now that the wife is a quitter and the kids are getting old enough to give me hell for it. i only smoke like a quarter pack a day unless there's alcohol involved.

i f**king hatelove cigarettes. they're the best thing i can imagine doing, during the time i'm smoking one of them. then i instantly want to light up another, and i have to torture myself out of it for a few hours until i feel like it's ok to go have another. aaaaaaand now i'm craving another one. easy, karen.

sidenote. karen is my temptation, personified. she's actually based on a rather large woman about my age, who used to frequent the bar. she died of some kind of cancer a couple years ago, related to the massive amount of alcohol and other substances she consumed. she was also partially responsible for the "accidental" overdose death of my wife's cousin, about 10 years back. she was, and is, the epitome of indulgence in my mind, so my temptation is named after her to remind me of the consequences of excess.

oh, but enough about me and my imaginary f**kwad constructs. let's get back to op.

• Banned

While I agree, I think that comes strictly from a babbler's point of view........I found Sawdy's thread great....But it's not to taste for some of the other crowds, and they somehow see it as a threat, if I may exercise my candor.

It was the same to me when I sat here at first and was annoyed at sifting through IB and Toonami threads just to find a thread that made me comfortable, but it all kinda just became unnoticeable, or in some cases I just find myself participating. Still, I don't see why it's intolerable to the point that it not existing at all seems to be the best option.

I would also like to elaborate on how much I f**king hate sushi....And no, it's not the seafood or the kelp or whatever.....It's the rice......I hate that flat, sticky, gummy ass rice. If the same ingredients came on a bed of nice fluffy rice, I'd kill that shit, but I can't stand the jizz rice.

• SwimPeanut Banned

• Banned

metatron4 said:

Because it's like seeing your buddy who died a few years back still bought out like he's still here. It's time to let it go.

Then stop going to the house where your dead buddy is. Some of us still want to draw dicks on his face.

• Puppy Power

wacky1980 said:

sidenote. karen is my temptation, personified. she's actually based on a rather large woman about my age, who used to frequent the bar. she died of some kind of cancer a couple years ago, related to the massive amount of alcohol and other substances she consumed. she was also partially responsible for the "accidental" overdose death of my wife's cousin, about 10 years back. she was, and is, the epitome of indulgence in my mind, so my temptation is named after her to remind me of the consequences of excess.

oh, but enough about me and my imaginary f**kwad constructs. let's get back to op.

That's actually kind of fascinating. I mean, it sounds goofy at first, but the level of articulation makes it secretly brilliant as far as managing your addiction.

09/13/03

the wife gets it too. we'll say it to each other sometimes, and we instantly know what the other is thinking. f**king disgusting inside joke married couple bullshit, that's what i think.

• Puppy Power

Buddyroe360 said:

While I agree, I think that comes strictly from a babbler's point of view........I found Sawdy's thread great....But it's not to taste for some of the other crowds, and they somehow see it as a threat, if I may exercise my candor.

It was the same to me when I sat here at first and was annoyed at sifting through IB and Toonami threads just to find a thread that made me comfortable, but it all kinda just became unnoticeable, or in some cases I just find myself participating. Still, I don't see why it's intolerable to the point that it not existing at all seems to be the best option.

I would also like to elaborate on how much I f**king hate sushi....And no, it's not the seafood or the kelp or whatever.....It's the rice......I hate that flat, sticky, gummy ass rice. If the same ingredients came on a bed of nice fluffy rice, I'd kill that shit, but I can't stand the jizz rice.

I was trying to be as dispassionate as possible about it, but you're right. The reason I came to Babbling so many odd years ago is because I figured out that places like Action and OA just weren't going to have a broad enough spectrum of intellectual discourse to keep my interested. Really, that's probably why we Babblers seem to have taken such a liking to this new place - even with the newer show delineation, everything is still on the main board to peruse and discuss on a whim. Of course, I'm also an odd duck - I'm fairly extreme as far as the old folder camper type in that I rarely ever go outside unless I have a reason. For someone who was exclusive in Action for the first three years, I never visited it again once I left.

09/13/03

• Puppy Power

Not at all. She sounds as if she were something of a cancer to those around her.

09/13/03

just want to get on board the pro-cigarette train here..f**king love cigarettes

also by the way, "sushi" refers to the rice itself. you may like sashimi which is just the fish by itself, but like whatever.

▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▉ ▊ ▋ SHOP@HOME NETW☯RK LLC

homemade sushi rolls are mah fav. we need to bring back sushi sake sunday. yes, i know that's too many rice products. no, i don't care.