You ever notice how liberal memes die relatively quickly while conservative memes don't?
545   14

• Banned

Seriously, when is the last time you've heard "Make Donald Drumpf " again.

You haven't because by now all the libshits have seen the clip of John Pinko, sorry, Communist, sorry, Olliver and have parroted his stupid joke (?) declared victory and went back to lying to themselves that Trevor Noah is funny and/or charismatic while gasming to that recent Stewart Colbert CJ reunion.

It's funny how mad you are. Lol.

You called down the thunder. Well, now you've got it!

• SwimSuperFan Banned

[random joke about Amy Schumer to show how much I care]

I have reached acceptance.

Blatch's Toonami Ratings Timeline

Escalator

• Wednesdays: Squid Girl (in my dedicated thread)
    • Sundays: TBA
    • Random days: Re:ZERO (anime watching thread, w/ commentary on Imgur)

• Banned

And Miku Memes live forever!

Nico Nico Douga Baby

• Swimuminati

it must be exhausting to be so angry all the time....I don't know how you do it

Honestly I think it's because conservatives just find one nasty name calling thing that makes them comfortable. Like "libshit" or "shillary." And they just repeat it forever.

We could all take cheap shots on Donald, but, from a comedic standpoint, it gets old. For instance, he never stopped being an orange in a toupee, but there's only so many times you can bring that up before it loses its luster.

But

He never stopped being an orange in a toupee.

• Banned

It's because internet conservatives don't have full time jobs for the most part and thus have lots of spare time to vomit retarded memes at one another and be brave truth-tellers about minorities when they're faceless and convinced no one knows where they live.

• Banned

I did not notice this, because I go outside.

It was me.....It was always me.

• Puppy Power

I didn't notice because, in fact, it's not true.

09/13/03

Yeah, I used to think if I repeated the same joke hundreds of times my joke would simply never stop being funny.

Then I turned 9.

i dont understand the 'meme' epidemic

what did they call pictures with words on them previously?

jokes? political commentary? 4chan culture?

...on topic, i have seen articles on facebook censorship, and now twitter/youtube are going the same way.
    f**k these platforms. hate speech is still speech. so long as it is not threatening anyone specifically, or considered libel, there shouldn't be a problem. let people be stupid. let people discuss with one another. censorship isn't the answer. it ends up just exasperating the problem, and whatever repressed ideals will flourish

also, it ends up censoring people doing real research that defies the standard model whether its social, scientific, or political constructs.

“It is a fool's prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak.”

― Neil Gaiman

• Banned

Gark said:

...on topic, i have seen articles on facebook censorship, and now twitter/youtube are going the same way.
    f**k these platforms. hate speech is still speech. so long as it is not threatening anyone specifically, or considered libel, there shouldn't be a problem. let people be stupid. let people discuss with one another. censorship isn't the answer. it ends up just exasperating the problem, and whatever repressed ideals will flourish

also, it ends up censoring people doing real research that defies the standard model whether its social, scientific, or political constructs.

Much like your post in that other thread about the term "troll" often being a misnomer, the same is true for meme. In order for something to be a meme it has to be widespread, and understood by many without any explanation.......It doesn't even HAVE to be a picture.......Nowadays people toss some words on a pic they find humorous, and say "look at this meme I made"

No, your picture has a caption.....That's all.

It was me.....It was always me.

• SwimParagon

Mixboy said:

it must be exhausting to be so angry all the time....I don't know how you do it

I, too, would like to know how the perpetually angry keep going.

"I feel like I should be banning way more of you." -- SwimMod_Luuv

• Helper

Buddyroe360 said:

Gark said:

Much like your post in that other thread about the term "troll" often being a misnomer, the same is true for meme. In order for something to be a meme it has to be widespread, and understood by many without any explanation.......It doesn't even HAVE to be a picture.......Nowadays people toss some words on a pic they find humorous, and say "look at this meme I made"

No, your picture has a caption.....That's all.

The exact term is image macro, but most folks don't lurk enough to learn little snippets like that.

Getting down to the nub of it, it is the refusal to "lurk moar" that has bastardized the definition of what a meme is, which started out online as an inside joke that gets expressed in multiple ways before going into wider use.