Login Issues
2711   51

• IB

so I've read three or four posts about login issues, so just in case there's something widespread going on, figured I'd post a thread and see who is having login issues and what those might be.

So post in this thread if you are having trouble logging in and provide some details on what specifically the problem is and what you've tried to fix it.

whelp, last night i was able to post while NOT logged in.

i x'd out. and came back 3x, and still able to post while NOT logged in.

shut the computer down all night, came back right now, and guess what?

i can post while NOT logged in.

we are all caught in the wordbox
    Way to go, asshole, now we're careening off into space and will definitely die. -.- ~ perfy

• Banned

As I said, and just logging the issue here... Sieg wasn't able to log in at all.

If you gotta go go with a smile

• Helper

Apologies if my comment is painfully and patently useless, but has logging in from the main [as] homepage worked better?

• Banned

Only thing I've noticed if if I try to access the boards from the "boards" option at the top of the screen I get a blank page.....I have to just click onto a cached version like I usually do.

No login issues though....I've flipped alts at least 7 times in the last few hours.

It was me.....It was always me.

• Babbling

As stated in the one of the other threads, I can logon via my laptop but not my desktop. I just figured if I was already logged in on one, it wouldn't accept the other. Not that concerned about it.

Radiotsar, One Warped Vision, Charity Navigator
    Перший в стіну, коли революція іде!

• IB

When I go to the login page on my laptop I login and then it takes me to the home page. There's no create post button and I can't reply to anyone. When I click notifications it says I need to login and brings me back to the login page. This happens in every browser on two different machines and two different os's. I can only post from my phone

This sig is an awesome sig. :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: - InsaneFox
    some of us are good at suck - discolemonade

• Nyaa or Nothing

I have issues logging in on a desktop computer.

When I opened the boards yesterday morning, it treated me like I wasn't logged in even though I was.

I logged out then back in and that's all it took to fix it.

• Helper

I was able to log in just fine but was unable to post anything. Normally I use Chrome (which I am using atm), but I was using FF last night and couldn't post anything. I don't think it's a browser-related issue but who knows.

• Mobile Suit Gundam

Logging in from Internet Explorer hasn't worked for me for months; I had to switch to Chrome!!

This week Toonami returns to normal, but that isn't such a bad thing, right? Beginning at Midnight, it's premieres of DBZ Kai, JoJo, Gundam IBO, Hunter x Hunter, Shippuden, and One Piece, then Saitama comes at 3 to punch out the lights! Only @Toonami!

ALchemist81 said:

Logging in from Internet Explorer hasn't worked for me for months; I had to switch to Chrome!!

Well, at least you aren't using Internet Explorer any more....

• Banned

ALchemist81 said:

WHY......WHY WOULD ANYONE EVER DO THIS.

It was me.....It was always me.

• Banned

I can't log in on my laptop...or post on my laptop...only on mobile

You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keep… his PRIDE!

• SwimSage Banned

Right now I should be logged out but here I am posting.

• Special Snowflake

This is Sandstone's new alt. I have done some quick debugging of the site source using some methods, and I believe the problem lies in several possible areas. I'm a programmer and computer science student, and I'd love to help resolve these issues if I can.

Love, please check your PMs when you get on, as I sent you some relative details and will be more than abliged to give you more info.

• Special Snowflake

For those of you who are still having issues. Try each of these one at a time until your problem is fixed. A variable combination of these steps may alleviate log in and posting issues.

1. Clear all browser cache in whatever browser you are using. If you have logged in at any point into any other browser, then you should clear that browser's cache as well.

2. Do not log in to AS using google chrome or fire fox if you are experiencing these issues. I suggest using either Microsoft Edge or some other 3rd party browser. Edge is the only one I have been able to get to work, though Chrome and Firefox may actually be viable... it is best not to log on from multiple browsers until the cause of this problem is fully resolved. Logging in on multiple browsers could cause authentication key conflicts and may be partially responsible for the inability to switch between accounts among other things.

3. If you have an option in your browser's settings (whichever you are using), to allow sites to enable authentication keys please enable this. It may be located under advanced settings, depending on what you are using.

4. Completely disable and/or uninstall any ad-blocking or script blocking plugins you may have on your browser. At least while posting here, or simply use a browser that has none on it.

5. Last but not least, you might try disabling your anti-virus or specifically setting whitelisting rules for Adult Swim boards. I highly recommend trying everything else on this list before this, as whitelisting sites should be used as a last resort in my opinion due to the possibility of security vulnerabilities.

Note: None of these methods are guaranteed to work, or any combination of the above. They are only to implemented as attempted work around until this problem is resolved. They should be rolled back to the original state you had your browser in after this problem is fixed.

• IB

linked this thread to admins. not sure how much good it'll do, I think I've already fielded more complaints in the mod thread than this thread.

Part of the problem I think is that - while you can "pin" threads, those don't show up on the only linked board.

So, the only people who can see pinned threads are those that use bookmarks/categories. Otherwise, there basically is no way to pin threads to the visible board. So - threads like this aren't sustained, but rather sink down the list like any other thread, which makes it more difficult to gather data from users.

• Toonami

SwimMod_Luuv said:

so I've read three or four posts about login issues, so just in case there's something widespread going on, figured I'd post a thread and see who is having login issues and what those might be.

So post in this thread if you are having trouble logging in and provide some details on what specifically the problem is and what you've tried to fix it.

my issue

I was unable to log in on ANY devices at all, for the entirety of yesterday, not even mobile worked for me, for some reason I was able to log in just now....but I don't know if I'll be able to log back in if I were to log out

Still getting the same "errors in form" message in Firefox that you and I and others have had from the beginning. I assume it's still the case for you? If you figured out a fix and didn't tell us, spill it now. :)

• Special Snowflake

The login issues are directly linked to an improperly coded ad on the website. It appears the particular culprit is one of the ads from amazon. This is what I concluded after a few hours of sifting through the Java Script.

I will not go into detail about how I did so here, not that the methods are illegal or dangerous... I would just not like to give information to potential trolls.

Btw Luuv, this site has several glaring security holes. I'd say that even a novice with intermediate level knowledge of javascript could probably hack this site in several ways.

I will be sending you some screen shots of areas relevant to the problematic code in question. If you would like more info on the security risks PM me.

And also, you did not respond to my original PM btw.