4

I hope Into The Badlands gets a second season.
372   22

  • IB
    1

    It's better than Preacher.


  • Babbling
    0

    They haven't decided on if they're going to do a new season? That doesn't bode well.

    I really liked it but then again I'm a Kung Fu fanatic.


  • SwimNinja
    0

    I didn't finish the first season because of too much work at the time, but I really liked what I saw. It did get renewed for a second season to air in 2017.

    "The enemy of my enemy is just another man standing in my way." -Nikita


  • IB
    0

    Oh. Well sweet then.


  • SwimComrad
    0

    Yeah me too...I thought it was pretty original, good action also.

    The day I graced your village, it was the most important day of your life...but for me, it was Tuesday.


  • SwimComrad
    0

    Oh, nice!

    The day I graced your village, it was the most important day of your life...but for me, it was Tuesday.


  • IB
    0

    Gammenon said:

    Yeah me too...I thought it was pretty original, good action also.

    Also, Minerva was smoking hot.

    alt text


  • SwimComrad
    0

    Yes. Yes she was.

    The day I graced your village, it was the most important day of your life...but for me, it was Tuesday.


  • Babbling
    0

    I like when a female lead looks like she knows what she's doing.


  • Toonami
    0

    I agree. Preacher wasn't bad or anything, but I don't think I'd label most of it anything more than "okay".

    Into the Badlands... I don't think it was much better as far as quality goes, but for one reason or another I enjoyed it a lot more.


  • SwimComrad
    0

    Her character was convincing. She made you think she could actually slice-n-dice anyone she had beef with.

    The day I graced your village, it was the most important day of your life...but for me, it was Tuesday.


  • IB
    0

    You and me both.


  • Babbling
    0

    I hate to say this cause I don't wanna sound like a misogynist but, She pulls off those moves like a master martial artist, especially for a white woman. And she's the leader of an army of women assassins. I wouldn't want to fuk with her.

    I think what also made it interesting is the dark power the surfaces whenever the kid gets cut. It kind of makes this show have a supernatural element. Is it demon power? Is it magic? We don't know!


  • IB
    0

    Only a special snowflake would think that's misogynistic.


  • Babbling
    0

    Well it's also a little racist because most of the time I think that white people can't Kung Fu as good as Asians. but then I remember that Jackie Chan has some white boys in his movies who can kung fu pretty good.


  • IB
    0

    It may be stereotypical but not racist.


  • Babbling
    0

    Awesome. I appreciate someone who sees the world as I do. If you had a newsletter, I might subscribe to it.


  • SwimNinja
    0

    ThorsPenor said:

    I hate to say this cause I don't wanna sound like a misogynist but, She pulls off those moves like a master martial artist, especially for a white woman. And she's the leader of an army of women assassins. I wouldn't want to fuk with her.

    I think what also made it interesting is the dark power the surfaces whenever the kid gets cut. It kind of makes this show have a supernatural element. Is it demon power? Is it magic? We don't know!

    Jesus, Thor, what's wrong with you? Why would you say women-ha! Got ya. Anyways, I think you're kinda touching on a problem with action shows about not fleshing out female characters on the same level as their male counterparts. As a result, they're onscreen more to be pretty with little real action scenes that don't require enough training to make their fights look realistic. Into the Badlands not having that problem in the episodes I'd watched was part of what made it stand out to me.

    "The enemy of my enemy is just another man standing in my way." -Nikita


  • IB
    1

    Oh. You mean a person who lives in reality?


  • Babbling
    0

    Yes. You're one of those people.


  • Babbling
    0

    Sorce said:

    ThorsPenor said:

    I hate to say this cause I don't wanna sound like a misogynist but, She pulls off those moves like a master martial artist, especially for a white woman. And she's the leader of an army of women assassins. I wouldn't want to fuk with her.

    I think what also made it interesting is the dark power the surfaces whenever the kid gets cut. It kind of makes this show have a supernatural element. Is it demon power? Is it magic? We don't know!

    Jesus, Thor, what's wrong with you? Why would you say women-ha! Got ya. Anyways, I think you're kinda touching on a problem with action shows about not fleshing out female characters on the same level as their male counterparts. As a result, they're onscreen more to be pretty with little real action scenes that don't require enough training to make their fights look realistic. Into the Badlands not having that problem in the episodes I'd watched was part of what made it stand out to me.

    I'm reminded of the Sand Snakes fight scene when Jaime and Bronn get captured. It was terrible to watch everybody swing their weapons around. But I agree with you they never flesh out the female characters as they should. Minerva actually has me cheering for her. She's not the "good guy" but her cause is an honourable one.


Log in to reply