Just got back from seeing Sausage Party. Short opinion.
796   18

• Toonami

If it wasn't already obvious, most of the movie is comprised of crude humor dealing with stuff like sex, religion, and race. If you liked something like Comedy Central's show "Drawn Together", then the movie is likely right up your alley. If you hated that show, then the movie probably isn't for you.

I'd probably give it a 7/10 overall. Some parts are laugh out loud funny, others sometimes feel like they're dragging a bit longer than they need to (a little bad for a movie that's only like ninety minutes long). Decent enough overall to be worth the ticket price if you're into really crude/offensive humor imo.

• Special Snowflake

I loved Drawn Together. I guess I should see it (on illegal torrents).

Memento Mori

• SwimVIP

I forgot all about Drawn Together. Does it still come on Comedy Central? I quit watching the network 10 years ago, since Comedy Central became extremely political. I've been had my fill of politics for the last 12-15 years.

As far as Sausage Party goes, I have yet to see the movie. Already knowing, that Seth Rogen and James Franco are involved and by only watching the trailer for it, I assumed Sausage Party would be a bizarre and sexually suggestive yet humorless stoner flick. I still fail to see what was so funny about Pineapple Express.

"Revenge can be bittersweet, but if you sit back and watch, KARMA can be pure entertainment." ~ David Avocado Wolfe

"If a guy wants you for your breasts, thighs, and legs, send him to KFC. You're a lady, not a cheap value meal." ~ Nicolas Cage

• Toonami

They aired reruns off and on for a while, but I can't remember the last time it was on tv. The full series is available on Hulu, though.

The movie is decent enough. If you liked Drawn Together, I think you'll be happy enough seeing it at least once because they're very similar in terms of stuff like tone and humor. Aside from some of the voice actors being the same ones Rogen's movies usually feature (such as Rogen's, obviously), the humor seems a good bit different from what their movies are usually like. I know that This is the End poked some fun at Christianity with the whole rapture thing, but this movie... it's much more crude/offensive in how they do things and Christianity isn't the only Abrahamic religion they target.

I watched most of Drawn Together uncut one night with my mother....I laughed so much....I miss those days...

The Big T

• SwimVIP

Oh okay. I watched the trailer for Sausage Party. I wonder how many careless parents will take their kids to go see the movie, then freak out afterward and blame the filmmakers for "misleading" them. It looks cutesy and Disneyfied except darkly humored. Since Sausage Party has dark humor in it, I would probably watch it.

"Revenge can be bittersweet, but if you sit back and watch, KARMA can be pure entertainment." ~ David Avocado Wolfe

"If a guy wants you for your breasts, thighs, and legs, send him to KFC. You're a lady, not a cheap value meal." ~ Nicolas Cage

• Helper

TheRealistMe said:

Oh okay. I watched the trailer for Sausage Party. I wonder how many careless parents will take their kids to go see the movie, then freak out afterward and blame the filmmakers for "misleading" them. It looks cutesy and Disneyfied except darkly humored. Since Sausage Party has dark humor in it, I would probably watch it.

I think this is why the advertisements are emphasizing the R rating and the food violence in the hopes that parents will actually pay attention for once. As long as they are actively advertising that it's an R movie, no one can try and claim that they didn't know what they were in for.

...they said i'd live forever, but they lied...it's been much longer...
    Cheerful Supplier of Chaos throughout the Known Universe and Beyond...we now have WTF...
    [this pathetic cry for attention has been brought to you by the letters F, U and the number 2]

• SwimVIP

katt_goddess said:

I think this is why the advertisements are emphasizing the R rating and the food violence in the hopes that parents will actually pay attention for once. As long as they are actively advertising that it's an R movie, no one can try and claim that they didn't know what they were in for.

Yeah, you would expect that but there are always those dumb ass parents, who always expect for everyone including entertainers to babysit their rugrats. I am still reeling over the fact, that some parents actually took their kids to go see the original Silent Night, Deadly Night in my hometown back in 1984.

Considering that a serial killer was dressed as Santa Claus and was holding a bloody ax should've been a dead give away. LOL!

• Helper

TheRealistMe said:

katt_goddess said:

Yeah, you would expect that but there are always those dumb ass parents, who always expect for everyone including entertainers to babysit their rugrats. I am still reeling over the fact, that some parents actually took their kids to go see the original Silent Night, Deadly Night movie in my hometown back in 1984. Considering that a serial killer was dressed as Santa Claus and was holding a bloody ax should've been a dead give away. LOL!

Yeah, no one said people aren't dumb. :D But with the advertisements being showed as they are, the producers have plausible deniability if anyone takes their spawn to the movie and then get their feels hurt from the content. And the parents would have to go with their spawn because that's the only way they'd get in.

...they said i'd live forever, but they lied...it's been much longer...
    Cheerful Supplier of Chaos throughout the Known Universe and Beyond...we now have WTF...
    [this pathetic cry for attention has been brought to you by the letters F, U and the number 2]

• SwimVIP

katt_goddess said:

Yeah, no one said people aren't dumb. :D But with the advertisements being showed as they are, the producers have plausible deniability if anyone takes their spawn to the movie and then get their feels hurt from the content. And the parents would have to go with their spawn because that's the only way they'd get in.

This is very true. Then there are those parents, who will purposely sneak into the movies WITH their kids to go watch it and will still be finger pointing. LOL! Hopefully, Sausage Party is a decent R-rated film.

• Toonami

AntiLawnElement said:

If it wasn't already obvious, most of the movie is comprised of crude humor dealing with stuff like sex, religion, and race. If you liked something like Comedy Central's show "Drawn Together", then the movie is likely right up your alley. If you hated that show, then the movie probably isn't for you.

I'd probably give it a 7/10 overall. Some parts are laugh out loud funny, others sometimes feel like they're dragging a bit longer than they need to (a little bad for a movie that's only like ninety minutes long). Decent enough overall to be worth the ticket price if you're into really crude/offensive humor imo.

ah, drawn together....a show where Tara Strong used her twilight Sparkle voice to say horrible things that people later edited clips of MLP to make twilight sparkle say them

• Banned

bnmjv said:

I loved Drawn Together. I guess I should see it (on illegal torrents).

You better buy my new album when it comes out and not torrent it!

Nico Nico Douga Baby

• Banned

katt_goddess said:

TheRealistMe said:

Oy, I remember when the South Park movie came out. SOOOOOO many people with kids running out of the movie theater when Satan and Saddam are in bed.

POOP

• Toonami

FieryDoom said:

katt_goddess said:

TheRealistMe said:

Oy, I remember when the South Park movie came out. SOOOOOO many people with kids running out of the movie theater when Satan and Saddam are in bed.

I'll never understand why people immediately assume anything animated is safe for kids

• Banned

people are retarded, that's why. It says "Rated R" how obvious do you have to make it?

POOP

• Toonami

FieryDoom said:

people are retarded, that's why. It says "Rated R" how obvious do you have to make it?

At this point, I feel like some people won't get the point unless someone is physically standing in a theater's lobby screaming "(SUCH AND SUCH) IS RATED R. R, PEOPLE. AS IN FOR ADULTS, NOT FOR YOUR DAMN KIDS." all day every day. Hell, even then I could see some parents acting like they didn't take a person like that seriously.

• Toonami

FieryDoom said:

katt_goddess said:

TheRealistMe said:

I remember articles about parents that took their kids to that movie only to be appalled by the language and other stuff like that. Really hard to take parents like that seriously when their actions and complaints made it abundantly clear that they were never paying attention to what their kids were watching at home.

• SwimVIP

FieryDoom said:

This is something I can actually believe happened. I don't know about anyone else, but it gets on my damn nerves when I'm watching an R-rated film, or watching standup at comedy clubs and parents have their kids with them.

Years ago, the cast of Dave Chapelle's Show was on their comedy tour and did their standup at my college. Sitting right next to me was a man with his baby screaming and crying IN A STROLLER! That was just ridiculous!

What made his ass think, that people wanted to listen to his brat the whole night of a show meant for ADULTS?