Well, you cried until you got ranks
9316   163

• Banned

Now please, tell me how this has improved your board experience. Be specific......How did this succeed in deluding you into thinking you have somehow stumbled onto a better board than it was yesterday.

I'm genuinely curious.

It was me.....It was always me.

Now you can tell by looking who your talking...to...oh, wait. You could do that before too.

You called down the thunder. Well, now you've got it!

• Banned

I feel like I didn't win the Price is Right showcase with the trip, $10k cash, and a new car but instead won the shitty one with the hammock, cheap ass grill and a lawnmower.

This is like putting a Spiderman or Disney Princess bandaid on a gaping axe wound.

You called down the thunder. Well, now you've got it!

Ranks? I don't see anything different.

Are you talking about people making their own groups, like The Room? Or are the mods assigning those?

Obviously I have no clue what's going on. :)

• Banned

It's called groups or something....All I know is there is a dropdown for it when you edit your profile.....I think the groups and ranks are separate, but I honestly don't know or care.....It's all useless.

• Banned

It's right here

• Incoherent Babbling Banned

its all just dildos

Lol fk u.

• SwimParagon

I get to actually have color in my name again. Or, apparently, next to it... but whatevs. I like it. Although this was really low on my list of "things I wanted back".

I guess Luuv is just putting things back as he figures them out, so there's no real predictable order to what we get.

"I feel like I should be banning way more of you." -- SwimMod_Luuv

• SwimSuperHero

I'm happy with the colored ranks.
    Seeing the yellow ranks with the black background is depressing.

The colors make the board more cheerful and I'm going to have fun
    changing my rank the next few days.

Usopp Fanatic since 2003.

We've had groups for awhile now. Why aren't IB and Babbling and the other groups still on the list?

I'm not clear on how choosing your own "rank" is even the tiniest bit meaningful, even for people who super care about that stuff.   oO   Might as well just let everyone write/design their own group tags, like a mini-signature.

Jeez, I had to use the url on your example to even find the page for editing my profile.   This is the most broke-ass navigation I've ever seen on any website on the internet.   I suppose that's an accomplishment.   smh

• SwimStar

Buddyroe360 said:

Now please, tell me how this has improved your board experience. Be specific......How did this succeed in deluding you into thinking you have somehow stumbled onto a better board than it was yesterday.

I'm genuinely curious.

Because now it's more like the old days, where we can judge people on their rank and not respond to people with ranks we deem lesser than our own. :)

42,917 posts and 4,251 kudos for life, playa.

• SwimSuperHero

It is a bit different from before since we can change our ranks.
    We don't have to stick with the same rank.

Before we had these ranks, I'm sure others were judging others based on post count.
    Since we can change ranks unless we look at a user's post count, you can't assume a person with
    a low rank also has a low post count.

The rank I'm using is the 18th which is still pretty high and I could use the lowest rank if I wanted to.

Usopp Fanatic since 2003.

• Banned

Meaningful was never the goal......It was a popscicle for the crying masses.

• Other Anime

GinaSzanboti said:

We've had groups for awhile now. Why aren't IB and Babbling and the other groups still on the list?

I'm not clear on how choosing your own "rank" is even the tiniest bit meaningful, even for people who super care about that stuff.   oO   Might as well just let everyone write/design their own group tags, like a mini-signature.

Jeez, I had to use the url on your example to even find the page for editing my profile.   This is the most broke-ass navigation I've ever seen on any website on the internet.   I suppose that's an accomplishment.   smh

You're group you currently belong to is below all the ranks, picking it bypasses having one. OA in my case. His example doesn't show it, possibly because he isn't in a group. You can still change groups but I don't feel like searching for the link atm. XD

Well theoretically the people who care about ranks would just keep the highest one they currently have access to since you don't start with all 25 available.

• Banned

They still have those groups here

http://boards.adultswim.com/groups

The new "ranks"/groups is just some extra garbage that you can sit next to your name which is indicative of nothing you've done here.

folks need validation.

we are all caught in the wordbox
    Way to go, asshole, now we're careening off into space and will definitely die. -.- ~ perfy

oh wt bloody hell. i didn't do this rank thing.

i thought you had to pick them or some shit.

so...ranks are assigned.

fanphuqintastic -__-

we are all caught in the wordbox
    Way to go, asshole, now we're careening off into space and will definitely die. -.- ~ perfy

• SwimParagon

Buddyroe360 said:

Meaningful was never the goal......It was a popscicle for the crying masses.

And the popsicle is delicious. Shush you.

This is all beyond me.   This place is just too exhausting (like when I clicked submit, it just emptied the compose box like it hadn't submitted anything.   But I knew that was lies.   I'm just tired of the boards lying to me all the time.).   Then again, so is the rest of the world.

When in doubt, don't save changes...

• SwimParagon

discolemonade said:

oh wt bloody hell. i didn't do this rank thing.

i thought you had to pick them or some shit.

so...ranks are assigned.

fanphuqintastic -__-

...this is how it worked before. You got enough posts or whatever, you got a new rank. At least now you do get to pick from the ones you've unlocked. So... whatevs. We have a shiny now. And you can disable your rank entirely if you want.