Usain Bolt always looks so smooth
618   20

• Swimuminati

gonna be sad when he's old and slow

• SwimComrad

Well, if speed is all he has then yep, I agree. He sure is taken it all in.

The day I graced your village, it was the most important day of your life...but for me, it was Tuesday.

• Banned

Eh, I can't say it'll be sad....I mean dude has had some of the most decisive wins in recent years....But I guess it will be hard to watch a titan fall.

It was me.....It was always me.

• Swimuminati

wow, that was a nail biter...I really thought Gatlin had him...that Canadian fought for his bronze like a stud

• SwimComrad

Bolt is like a human flywheel. I bet his 40 yard time is pretty mediocre - like 4.6 seconds mediocre. But once he gets time to gather momentum, his speed reaches an incredible, almost superhuman level.

The day I graced your village, it was the most important day of your life...but for me, it was Tuesday.

• Banned

Well.....That's why he's an Olympian and not playing college football where that matters.

• Helper

Every time I see Usain Bolt I think of Barbados Slim.

The only man to win a gold medal at limbo AND sex.

• Swimuminati

Gammenon said:

Bolt is like a human flywheel. I bet his 40 yard time is pretty mediocre - like 4.6 seconds mediocre. But once he gets time to gather momentum, his speed reaches an incredible, almost superhuman level.

quoted for truth...he went up a few gears to catch up...it was quite a sight

• Swimuminati

Empress_Angel133 said:

Every time I see Usain Bolt I think of Barbados Slim.

The only man to win a gold medal at limbo AND sex.

I thought of Usain Bolt when I saw Barbados Slim...

• Banned

This thread makes me sad....Speed in a 40 is tantamount to burning rubber. It has a rather specific use.

F**k it, I'll just post this again because it's relevant and hilarious.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-athletics-diamond-idUSTRE6982CY20101009

• SwimComrad

The point is just about all of these sprinters have speed that corresponds to any short distance a few seconds after they stand up after they leave the blocks. He looks like he should run a 12 sec 100m the way he starts.

• Banned

He's smarter than that?.......I think I may have misinterpreted your intent.

• SwimComrad

No...I'm just saying he usually starts off and looks like he should be beaten badly by the whole field he's competing against. The opposite happens, and no other sprinter has been known for that.

• SwimComrad

And strategy has nothing to do with it.

• Pokemon Master

he's my hero

Snuffles was my slave name
    Nerd ♥

• Banned

Gammenon said:

And strategy has nothing to do with it.

Yeah

• SwimComrad

Buddyroe360 said:

This thread makes me sad....Speed in a 40 is tantamount to burning rubber. It has a rather specific use.

F**k it, I'll just post this again because it's relevant and hilarious.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-athletics-diamond-idUSTRE6982CY20101009

Wow, this thread is sad from a well known general observation that's been made by expert commentators whose been covering Bolt for years. I'm sure your expertise will make it joyous again.

• Banned

Dude, it's not even your thread

I'm confident in my response because I dabble in competitive sport more than once every 4 years

• SwimComrad

Meh, the only one who's acting like it's his thread is you. Once again, what I said about Bolt has been mentioned by commentators since 2008. And if the 40 yard dash analogy bothers you that much, substitute that for 20 to 30 meters...that's as far as I'm going to try to make easy for you to understand.

• Swimuminati

once threads are born, they belong to the world...