Visited the National Archives last weekend.
260   10

• SwimParagon

'twas cool. Got some serious perspective on just how much fighting over the Constitutional amendments has gone on in our nation's history. The only really new argument in modern times is what the Internet should be classed as!

I was surprised to find that, back in the 1950s, a Baptist institution defended a Supreme Court ruling that schools couldn't hold prayer sessions - but their reasoning was that the right to pray in schools was never actually taken away. It just couldn't be forced. And women's right to vote was incremental - widows and single women got the right first since they "didn't have husbands who could represent them". Which in historical context makes sense. A household suddenly gaining double the voting power is something to look at. {But then we realized "one person one vote" was better after all.} All in all, pretty inspiring to see the political turmoil of today echoing history.

"I feel like I should be banning way more of you." -- SwimMod_Luuv

• Swimuminati

• SwimParagon

Shush you. I take pride in our national heritage. >:(

• SwimSage Banned

Whatever you do don't study up on Buddhism, apparently it makes you go crazy.

• Swimuminati

alt text

• SwimParagon

I've noticed.

• SwimSage Banned

I should go back to the library again. Last time I went through archives there was like 4 years, research for something I never ended up finishing. >_>

• SwimParagon

Library of Congress? I went there all excited to flip through stuff then I find out you need to be a researcher. Whoops.

I mean I got to walk around, but derp.

{What'd you not finish studying?}

• SwimSage Banned

No, just my public library. They have a nice archive of stuff.

Research for an investigation, back when I was part of a paranormal group. Thought about doing a book on it after finding a lot of interesting material but never got too far beyond starting it.

• SwimParagon

Awh. Also I take it you never actually found a good scoop?