The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore is cancelled.
943   37

• Banned

Three guesses as to what is to blame?

The work is merely part of the way done, though. Trevor Noah's Daily Show and Amy Schumer's cesspool remain on the air. We can do this, folks. The power is in our hands.

• SwimLegend

I think I saw two episodes, didn't care for it.

Ric's Youtube: It's fucking awesome of course
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl6qCbzMXEezDBksc9XqUuw

And that stupid bitch Sam Bee is still on.....

If you gotta go go with a smile

• Babbling

It was kinda funny but I eventually stopped watching it. Larry's funny but the rest of his cast is lacking in the hilarity dept. That skinny Mexican guy is obnoxious. The guest table became an echo chamber. I figured it would get cancelled eventually but it had enough financial backing to run a short course.

Comedy Central used to be one of my favorite channels. But I got evicted and I cancelled my cable. I haven't caught up to the latest season of Game of Thrones. So bummed.

I still watch it. It's very liberal and they go against Republicans and Trump hard. I guess some people don't like hearing the truth.

• SwimLegend

Sawdamizer said:

I couldn't make it through one episode of that.

Ric's Youtube: It's fucking awesome of course
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl6qCbzMXEezDBksc9XqUuw

• Helper

This news really surprised me, gotta say

What the hell is that behind you

• Banned

He's just off of doing the White House roast dinner thing, which is why the timing surprises me as well. I would have thought they'd hold off on shit canning him until Obama was out of office, but apparently it was just that much of a money pit.

• Banned

Sawdamizer said:

yup. are our senses of humor f**ked up or are these corporate types retarded?

POOP

• Babbling

Probably a bit of both.

• SwimSuperFan Banned

Everyone complaining about Samantha Bee needs to shut their damn mouth. Her show is amazing, and I'll have Turner Legal on your tail if you criticize it any more.

As for Mr. Wilmore's show... yeah. I never really got into this the same way I did for Jon Stewart's last few months, or even what I watched of Trevor Noah on a consistent basis. His show was occasionally funny and incisive, but he came off as being too much of a jerk for me to appreciate. Also, the sketch comedy-like elements of his show were almost always groan inducing, and the panels never gelled.

I have reached acceptance.

Blatch's Toonami Ratings Timeline

Escalator

• Wednesdays: Squid Girl (in my dedicated thread)
    • Sundays: TBA
    • Random days: Re:ZERO (anime watching thread, w/ commentary on Imgur)

Toonami..... snowflake.

If you gotta go go with a smile

• SwimSuperFan Banned

And what else?

I have reached acceptance.

Blatch's Toonami Ratings Timeline

Escalator

• Wednesdays: Squid Girl (in my dedicated thread)
    • Sundays: TBA
    • Random days: Re:ZERO (anime watching thread, w/ commentary on Imgur)

• Toonami

Glad to see it go. Show had some funny moments, but not many.

Trevor Noah on the Daily Show... I'm just really disappointed by how that's gone. The guy is FANTASTIC as a comedian (you should watch his stand-up specials if you haven't already seen them), but on the Daily Show... just ugh.

Schumer has never been funny to me. Would love nothing more than to see her fade from the public eye.

• Banned

Blatch0 said:

Everyone complaining about Samantha Bee needs to shut their damn mouth. Her show is amazing, and I'll have Turner Legal on your tail if you criticize it any more.

As for Mr. Wilmore's show... yeah. I never really got into this the same way I did for Jon Stewart's last few months, or even what I watched of Trevor Noah on a consistent basis. His show was occasionally funny and incisive, but he came off as being too much of a jerk for me to appreciate. Also, the sketch comedy-like elements of his show were almost always groan inducing, and the panels never gelled.

U can't make me trust no damned ginger woman!

POOP

• Toonami

ELDEMONIO said:

I still watch it. It's very liberal and they go against Republicans and Trump hard. I guess some people don't like hearing the truth.

That has nothing to do with it. The problem is that the show just seems to fail at fitting the "comedy" part of Comedy Central, which is a big issue in my book.

You know who does a fantastic job of combining comedy and the truth? John Oliver. Hands down the best successor to Jon Stewart and I'm glad that HBO got him because it gives him more freedom to say what he wants how he wants.

I wouldn't say i watched it religiously, but i'm still a lil' sad to see it go.

Monsters come in many shapes and sizes . I'm all of them

• Swimuminati

The best part of that show was Mike Yard's spontaneous stuff...I kept waiting for the rest of it to get better...

dude I swear this time is different. I swear before god, buddah, my dead grandma, and asmb. i will never drink again.

-Phillies 8/15/2016

• SwimVIP Banned

So...is this when Anthony Jeselnik gets his show back?

"Wait, I don't remember 'Allahu Akbar' being in the lyrics..." - Eagles Of Death Metal

• Banned

He broke up with Schumer already, so no. He gets to continue at his part time job being the boat captain tour guide at the Jaws ride at Universal Studios.

• SwimVIP Banned

They tore down the Jaws ride two years ago.

[Nice try, but not really.]

"Wait, I don't remember 'Allahu Akbar' being in the lyrics..." - Eagles Of Death Metal