So I got turned away from giving blood a few days ago...
430   26

• Special Snowflake

Cause I admitted I was gay on the screening form.

Lady looked at me like I had leprosy. Oh Alabama how I love the.

Anyways, I asked very politely if I could donate some Semen instead. :D

• Special Snowflake

Do you know your blood type? I made a thread about it a few days ago.

Memento Mori

• Special Snowflake

Type O

• Babbling

I thought you were Viper.

• Special Snowflake

ThorsPenor said:

I thought you were Viper.

Viper wishes he had a name as cool as dis.

• Swimuminati

why do they do that again? i'm drawing a blank

dude I swear this time is different. I swear before god, buddah, my dead grandma, and asmb. i will never drink again.

-Phillies 8/15/2016

• Special Snowflake

Cause it's illegal in most States still... believe it or not most states in this country still actively discriminate against us in numerous ways.

Read an article today, about a North Carolina couple that got evicted for being gay when the landlord found out.

Isn't not an Alabama thing; it's an ARC thing.
    One of the questions if you're a male is always “Have you ever had sex with another male, even once, since 1977?", and I'm always thinking that's a strange place to draw a line. It's like if you accidentally.hooked up with a tgirl fifteen times back in Nam you're ok, but anything beyond that is unacceptable.

• Babbling

Sandstone?

If you really want to save lives just lie and say no I have not had gay buttsex ever. If you want to fight against Blood Banks policy on refusing gay people's blood you should fight that by lobbying.

• Special Snowflake

I didn't know it was still illegal here.

• Special Snowflake

6clawPaw said:

Isn't not an Alabama thing; it's an ARC thing.
    One of the questions if you're a male is always “Have you ever had sex with another male, even once, since 1977?", and I'm always thinking that's a strange place to draw a line. It's like if you accidentally.hooked up with a tgirl fifteen times back in Nam you're ok, but anything beyond that is unacceptable.

Yes it is, but it's also illegal in this state.

• Swimuminati

yeah, but why...your blood's as good as the next guy's...I know back in the day when aids was called grid they thought only gay people could get it, but I can't think of a reason why they wouldn't let you donate now

dude I swear this time is different. I swear before god, buddah, my dead grandma, and asmb. i will never drink again.

-Phillies 8/15/2016

• Babbling

umm because AIDS. The reason for discrimination hasn't changed.

• SwimIcon

they seriously haven't updated those laws yet?

• Swimuminati

Do gay people contract it at a higher rate?

-Phillies 8/15/2016

• Babbling

Yes. because gay men are s**ts. multiple partners. Unprotected anal sex has a high chance of tearing the anal wall more than v****al intercourse.

• Swimuminati

ok, understood...follow up question, do they not test blood donors? I imagine they'd have to, so does that not bypass the s**t issue?

-Phillies 8/15/2016

• Special Snowflake

Mixboy said:

yeah, but why...your blood's as good as the next guy's...I know back in the day when aids was called grid they thought only gay people could get it, but I can't think of a reason why they wouldn't let you donate now

A large percentage of people in Southern States believe it is a sin, mental illness, and public health risk.

It is not only illegal, but taught that it is illegal to have homosexual behavior in schools during sexual and health education classes as is mandated by Alabama State Law. There are still anti-sodomy , anti-gay marriage, and anti-gay adoption laws on the book, even though they are now unenforceable due to supreme court rulings.

That does not stop them from trying in multiple ways. As late as May of this year, Judge Roy Moore (Alabama Supreme Court Justice) led state and nation wide efforts to create laws which could work around the U.S. supreme court rulings to do things such as deny custody of children to a Lesbian mother (something he has voted to do in 2002 http://caselaw.findlaw.com/al-supreme-court/1303306.html), actively allow businesses to discriminate on basis of sexual orientation, and deny same-sex partners visitation rights, adoption rights, and the spearhead behind defending a clerks right not to issue marriage licenses on the grounds of religious liberty, among other things.

• Special Snowflake

Mixboy said:

Do gay people contract it at a higher rate?

Nope, and the vast majority of people with HIV have been straight people since the 1990s.

• Babbling

They probably don't test all of the blood, they probably can't test it at that volume. If they do test it I think it's mostly for blood type. I don't know if people are still getting infected from blood transfusions. That used to be a thing.

• Special Snowflake

It's pretty rare to get an HIV infection from a transfusion in general.