Final Fantasy XV was delayed.
556   19

• IB

Personally, I'm shocked.

Shocked, I say!

• SwimComrad

f**k squenix get your damn shit togeter!!!!!!!!!

• Banned

Savor the anticipation. It will be the last game in the franchise. Home console development from Japan is moribund at this point.

• Special Snowflake

I used to be such a huge ff fan. Now, I really couldn't care less.

Memento Mori

• SwimIcon

bnmjv said:

pretty much this.

every one after IX has gotten progressively worse.

• SwimComrad

still have high hopes for the vii remake though
    but I feel like that's gonna be a f**k up too

• IB

E_NAYD said:

Savor the anticipation. It will be the last game in the franchise.

It won't be. The name alone will be a money maker for years. Enough people will convince themselves that XV is good that the franchise will stay afloat. I think if anything, development of future games will be moved to their US branch but will still be overseen by the Japanese directors and producers.

• Special Snowflake

I really liked 12 though. The game was long and had a huge amount of sidequests. The only fault I had was with the characters. They were mostly boring.

Memento Mori

• IB

bnmjv said:

I haven't seen one thing from XV in the 10 years we've known about it that got me even remotely excited.

• Special Snowflake

Yeah, I don't think they're going to do a good job on it either.

Memento Mori

• IB

Nameraka_Hanzaisha said:

bnmjv said:

pretty much this.

Shut your damn face. XII was great. A Realm Reborn is actually really good too.

• SwimIcon

Greeny said:

Nameraka_Hanzaisha said:

bnmjv said:

pretty much this.

xii was okay i guess. it needed a better protagonist though...

• Banned

Greeny said:

E_NAYD said:

It won't be. The name alone will be a money maker for years. Enough people will convince themselves that XV is good that the franchise will stay afloat. I think if anything, development of future games will be moved to their US branch but will still be overseen by the Japanese directors and producers.

The pace of business change is too fast for the development teams to complete the projects. The profits for mobile in the domestic Japanese market are just too tempting, and require little in the way of staff competency or compensation. FF XVI will be killed in mid-development.

• IB

Nameraka_Hanzaisha said:

Greeny said:

Nameraka_Hanzaisha said:

bnmjv said:

pretty much this.

xii was okay i guess. it needed a better protagonist though...

Disagree. I liked the ensemble cast. I definitely didn't want another whiny-ass bitch like Tidus (even though Yuna was the actual main character).

• IB

E_NAYD said:

Greeny said:

E_NAYD said:

The pace of business change is too fast for the development teams to complete the projects. The profits for mobile in the domestic Japanese market are just too tempting, and require little in the way of staff competency or compensation. FF XVI will be killed in mid-development.

That's why I think the Japanese development teams will concentrate on the mobile games (most of the money from those is in Japan anyway) and the American development studios will take over the console games. I think they'll be a lot less anal about the game they're working on being "perfect", which is why just about every modern FF has been plagued with delays. That will keep the development costs relatively modest, when it comes to FF that is. And again, the name alone will make the game just financially successful enough to keep the franchise going.

• Special Snowflake

Greeny said:

E_NAYD said:

Greeny said:

E_NAYD said:

the American development studios will take over the console games..

Is there really any reason to believe that? To me, it seems like wishful thinking.

Memento Mori

• IB

bnmjv said:

Greeny said:

E_NAYD said:

Greeny said:

E_NAYD said:

the American development studios will take over the console games..

Is there really any reason to believe that? To me, it seems like wishful thinking.

That's just what I think will happen. Mobile is only getting more popular in Japan so I think that's what their Japanese teams will be focused on. While they're doing that, an American team can work on the next FF so Squeenix can still have their magnum opus game that will sell millions of units. Even if it isn't great, name recognition alone will make it profitable. That's why even the "bad" Final Fantasies make money.

• Other Anime

They needed to add in more life-like rocks to create the boundaries players can't enter.

Muscle, muscle! Hustle, hustle!

• Bettathanyom0mma Banned

Nnnooo..and wtf is the 7 remake?