London's Mayor sets up anti-trolling police unit
264   15

• Helper

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/08/16/london-mayor-to-set-up-police-online-hate-crime-hub-in-partnership-with-social-media-firms/

So, the Mayor of Londinistan is gonna make trolling illegal. It would be interesting to see if he tries to extend that beyond the boundaries of London, in theory anyone anywhere could now be subject to criminal prosecution for "hate speech crimes" in Londinistan. Utter nonsense if you ask me, but hey, I'm sure someone will catch a case for it.

The probability that we may fail in the struggle aught not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just. -Abraham Lincoln

• Special Snowflake

Breitbart; dr

Any site who hires an idiot like Milo can't be trusted.

Memento Mori

• Toonami

Jingai said:

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/08/16/london-mayor-to-set-up-police-online-hate-crime-hub-in-partnership-with-social-media-firms/

So, the Mayor of Londinistan is gonna make trolling illegal. It would be interesting to see if he tries to extend that beyond the boundaries of London, in theory anyone anywhere could now be subject to criminal prosecution for "hate speech crimes" in Londinistan. Utter nonsense if you ask me, but hey, I'm sure someone will catch a case for it.

dude yeah we live in the USA what would the judge for exertion would say

• SwimLegend

bnmjv said:

Breitbart; dr

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/aug/14/online-hate-crime-hub-metropolitan-police-internet-trolls

Oh bother...

• Helper

bnmjv said:

Breitbart; dr

Fine, read it directly from the Mayor's Office.
    https://www.london.gov.uk/what-we-do/mayors-office-policing-and-crime-mopac/governance-and-decision-making/mopac-decisions-206

The probability that we may fail in the struggle aught not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just. -Abraham Lincoln

• Helper

Well, the extradition court would simply ask if there was sufficient evidence of the criminal offense to warrant extradition.
    If the MPD provides the evidence, you get sent to England to stand trial.

• Toonami

Jingai said:

Well, the extradition court would simply ask if there was sufficient evidence of the criminal offense to warrant extradition.

how about our first amendment freedom speech this not the way to deal with trolls
    trust me i know

• Toonami

Jingai said:

how do they apply law here that would be unconstitutional

• Helper

ghostrek said:

Jingai said:

Well, the theory is that say, you travelled to London on vacation and ended up in a pub brawl. You get charged with disorderly conduct or assault or whatever. You have to stand trial because you broke the law in London. In theory, the same principle would apply here, if you committed a crime in London, the crime of "hate speech" then you could be prosecuted.

• Toonami

Jingai said:

ghostrek said:

Jingai said:

Well, the theory is that say, you travelled to London on vacation and ended up in a pub brawl. You get charged with disorderly conduct or assault or whatever. You have to stand trial because you broke the law in London. In theory, the same principle would apply here, if you committed a crime in London, the crime of "hate speech" then you could be prosecuted.

really

• Helper

In theory, yes.

The reality of it though would probably depend on how much you donate to the Clinton Global Massage Parlor. Give enough, extradition is blocked.

• Toonami

Jingai said:

In theory, yes.

The reality of it though would probably depend on how much you donate to the Clinton Global Massage Parlor. Give enough, extradition is blocked.

wow

• Babbling

Britain does not enjoy the same freedoms of speech that America does. Britain is highly censored. You can be arrested for saying n****r on Twitter over there.

I'm sure this London Trolly Trolling Law is meant to curb racism and radical muslims and serious online bullying. But it'll just end up arresting teenage angsty nerds.

• Babbling

Jingai said:

In theory, yes.

I bet filthy Obamanation kenyan muslim would extradite Americans because he hates freedoms.

• Banned

this guy must be fun at parties.

POOP