I've never eaten mochi
264   18

• SwimSage Banned

I think the closest to a japanese treat I've eaten is Pocky.

• Special Snowflake

Some weeb you are.

Memento Mori

• SwimSage Banned

• Toonami

ric_man said:

I think the closest to a japanese treat I've eaten is Pocky.

I've made it

it's not that great

other japanese desserts I've made include
    Coffee Jelly
    Dorayaki
    japanese pudding(which is actually just flan so I feel stupid counting it because it's really a mexican dessert)
    Castella (like a cross betweem cheesecake and sponge cake)
    and mitarashi Dango

of all of them the only ones I liked were the Castella and the Dango...everything else sucked

• SwimSage Banned

I wouldn't be surprised if I don't like any of it. I'm more likely to eat salty snacks than desserts. But I do like sweets sometimes, like a good cheesecake.

• SwimSage Banned

I didn't know it can talk. o_O

• Toonami

ric_man said:

I wouldn't be surprised if I don't like any of it. I'm more likely to eat salty snacks than desserts. But I do like sweets sometimes, like a good cheesecake.

all the recipies I followed were completely unsweet......it's like Japan is totally against the idea of sweet food, I had to use my own judgement and add twice as much sugar for them to taste correct at all

• Toonami

ric_man said:

coughs and points to my screenname

• Swimuminati

I was sure there would be atleast one f****tio joke

• SwimSage Banned

mochi said:

ric_man said:

all the recipies I followed were completely unsweet......it's like Japan is totally against the idea of sweet food, I had to use my own judgement and add twice as much sugar for them to taste correct at all

I've had dessert that wasn't sweet, it was weird. Don't remember what is was.

• SwimSage Banned

mochi said:

ric_man said:

coughs and points to my screenname

Yeah, I knew he was talking about you.

But in response to the thread it makes no sense.

• SwimSage Banned

Disappointed?

• Helper

I occasionally pick up mochi ice cream balls from my favorite Asian grocery. They have green tea, mango, strawberry and occasionally red bean flavors. Strangely enough, I usually get the green tea ones even though they aren't the sweetest ones. It's like ice cream that you don't need a bowl for because the mochi contains it all.

I also occasionally make shrimp-filled takiyaki in my cake ball maker. It's shrimp because there are no octopus in North Dakota for some weird reason.

...they said i'd live forever, but they lied...it's been much longer...
    Cheerful Supplier of Chaos throughout the Known Universe and Beyond...we now have WTF...
    [this pathetic cry for attention has been brought to you by the letters F, U and the number 2]

• Other Anime

It's nice, but the only way I can get it around here is if it's stuffed with filling or ice cream. There's no way to get it normally

Muscle, muscle! Hustle, hustle!

• Special Snowflake

Did you make all the Japanese sweets yourself? Maybe you should try prepackaged mochi and other sweets. You can get them in most Asian food stores.

Memento Mori

• Toonami

bnmjv said:

Did you make all the Japanese sweets yourself? Maybe you should try prepackaged mochi and other sweets. You can get them in most Asian food stores.

done that....still didn't particularly like it
    (I'm named after the monster rancher monster, not the dessert)

• Swimuminati

ric_man said:

Disappointed?

kinda ("/)

• Toonami

mochi said:

ric_man said:

Sounds like if Powerpuff Girls were made in Japan there would be a severe lack of sugar and extra "Spice" and "Everything nice"

A Cruel Angel's Thesis is due tomorrow morning