Debt Collector buys lawsuit against them...
423   18

• Babbling

tl;dr - Plantiff is provided a 30 day window to pay off debt, but a 20 day window to respond to summons. She doesn't respond in time, sues and the Court agrees that the timelines were confusing.

Debt Collector then gets a Notice of Execution to seize the woman's property, INCLUDING THE LAWSUIT, for sale at auction. At the auction, the Debt Collector pays $250 and buys the lawsuit in which it was the only defendant. Debt collector then asks the Court to drop the lawsuit - which it does.

Radiotsar, One Warped Vision, Charity Navigator
    Перший в стіну, коли революція іде!

• SwimNinja

Murica

Here in Cloud Cuckoo Land, there are no rules: There's no government, no baby sitters, no bedtimes, no frowny faces, no bushy mustaches, and no negativity of any kind. And there's also no consistency.

Bury the debt collector in the desert. Vegas baby.

• Toonami

you can but lawsuits why great stock market for lawsuits just what we need

that stupidest f**king i ever heard of what next people sue fictional characters

• Banned

tsar4 said:

tl;dr - Plantiff is provided a 30 day window to pay off debt, but a 20 day window to respond to summons. She doesn't respond in time, sues and the Court agrees that the timelines were confusing.

Debt Collector then gets a Notice of Execution to seize the woman's property, INCLUDING THE LAWSUIT, for sale at auction. At the auction, the Debt Collector pays $250 and buys the lawsuit in which it was the only defendant. Debt collector then asks the Court to drop the lawsuit - which it does.

i didn't know you could buy a lawsuit....

POOP

• Mobile Suit Gundam

Wow,

America, the land where the rich and powerful can just stomp on the little people!

I thought lawsuits could not be defined as property, but I guess I was wrong!

Don't Miss an All-New One Punch Man every Saturday at midnight! Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans follows at 12:30! Only @Toonami!

• Lord Of the Munge Façade

the free market solves all problems.

So Luuv hooked me up with a custom rank.

Which means I only have two more prizes to claim, plus an image sig.

So that's where we stand.

• Swimuminati

dude I swear this time is different. I swear before god, buddah, my dead grandma, and asmb. i will never drink again.

-Phillies 8/15/2016

So, if I know a debt collector, can I have him buy my debt?
    And then sue him for bugging me?
    And then have him buy the debt for a fraction witch I can pay him later?
    And the huge debt goes down to like $25?

• Babbling

This looks like a case of State versus Federal law. This case will set precedent on whether or not Debt Collectors can seize lawsuits as "property" and then buy the lawsuit at an auction. The problem is debt collectors often work with the Sheriff Thug Department to evict and seize property essentially smothering the Plaintiff in what appears to be "legal action".

Do Debt Collectors own buildings? How do we find out where they are so we can burn them down?

Pay your bills.

If you gotta go go with a smile

• Babbling

Your Predatory Lending tactics won't work on me!

*Holds up Cross

Back to the Demon Portal from whence you came!!!

Too late, already out a lien on yo shit.

If you gotta go go with a smile

• Babbling

I'm debt free. I payed off all my debts with my inheritance monies.

So nyah.

• Check It Out!

God dammit.

• SwimVIP

Debt collectors need to calm down.

And the Universe said, "Let there be Zeni's YouTube Channel". And so it was. And it was good.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Zenigundam

• Swimuminati

Zenigundam said:

@hellsingfan needs to calm down.

dude I swear this time is different. I swear before god, buddah, my dead grandma, and asmb. i will never drink again.

-Phillies 8/15/2016

• SwimVIP

He had too much coffee.

And the Universe said, "Let there be Zeni's YouTube Channel". And so it was. And it was good.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Zenigundam