4

campers, i need a new tent
1473   76

  • Swimuminati
    3

    i threw away my tent on sunday because after 10 years the seams were starting to leak and the rainfly wasn't really doing its job to keep the rain out anymore.

    anyways, they make those fancy instant tents with the poles attached. i'm wondering how nice those are or if there is a reason i should just stick to the old fashioned stuff.

    anyone??

    am I smilin enough? am I smilin too much? am I tucked in and buckled, do my tits touch? hi, how are you, how high are you?
    less teeth and more tits its never enough. you'll never be good enough.


  • Helper
    4

    I sense dick jokes incoming...

    I have the most experience with EZ Up canopy tents. Not so much camping ones.

    What the hell is that behind you


  • Nyaa or Nothing
    1

    Don't go cheap if you're an outdoor-sy type that goes camping regularly.


  • Banned
    2

    viperxmns said:

    I sense dick jokes incoming...

    I have the most experience with EZ Up canopy tents. Not so much camping ones.

    like that?

    POOP


  • Banned
    0

    Firefly24 said:

    i threw away my tent on sunday because after 10 years the seams were starting to leak and the rainfly wasn't really doing its job to keep the rain out anymore.

    anyways, they make those fancy instant tents with the poles attached. i'm wondering how nice those are or if there is a reason i should just stick to the old fashioned stuff.

    anyone??

    do you want something sturdy or do you only care that it's a place where you can sleep at night?

    POOP


  • Helper
    1

    Maybe.. more along the lines of tent pitching

    Schwinguardium leviosa

    What the hell is that behind you


  • Banned
    1

    I just wanted an excuse to post that, lol.

    POOP


  • Swimuminati
    0

    FieryDoom said:

    Firefly24 said:

    i threw away my tent on sunday because after 10 years the seams were starting to leak and the rainfly wasn't really doing its job to keep the rain out anymore.

    anyways, they make those fancy instant tents with the poles attached. i'm wondering how nice those are or if there is a reason i should just stick to the old fashioned stuff.

    anyone??

    do you want something sturdy or do you only care that it's a place where you can sleep at night?

    well, sturdy enough. storms are about as rough as it gets here cuz i'm not camping in any f**king snow. i've got a sweet marmot waterproof single person easy set up hiking tent with the swanky extra warranty. thats for when i just need something to quick set up and sleep in but easy peasy to carry. i need something like 6-8 person tent for weekend camping with friends. like on ze beach, at festivals, campgrounds, and other various lazy camping expeditions where you can basically drive up close to wherever it is you're setting up.

    am I smilin enough? am I smilin too much? am I tucked in and buckled, do my tits touch? hi, how are you, how high are you?
    less teeth and more tits its never enough. you'll never be good enough.


  • Swimuminati
    0

    conanwong said:

    Don't go cheap if you're an outdoor-sy type that goes camping regularly.

    i am hoping to keep it relatively cheap. like a mid grade coleman or something. if this one lasts 10 years also, i'll be happy. i'm just curious about those instant up tents. like, if they suck or not.

    am I smilin enough? am I smilin too much? am I tucked in and buckled, do my tits touch? hi, how are you, how high are you?
    less teeth and more tits its never enough. you'll never be good enough.


  • Banned
    1

    I haven't had any experience with those instant up set ups, but I had a buddy that bought one and he left the damned thing at the beach because it fell apart on him. Said the wind just tore it to bits.

    POOP


  • 1

    This post is deleted!

  • Swimuminati
    0

    Flack said:

    did you use it frequently? that's pretty good, if you did

    uhm...i have a...forget what brand. got it at dicks on sale for 80ish - 3 man tent
    need that xtra room for pleasure if ya no what i mean

    it depends on the year and what i have going on. it gets used a minimum of 3 times a year but i have used it nearly bi-weekly some years. i'm looking to go for a 6-8 person tent this time as it's usually not just me in the tent. in a few weeks i'll be going to a festival and i will be sharing with 2-3 other peeps. though i am also bringing my hammock so if it doesn't get too cold at night or rain, i will likely sleep in that.

    am I smilin enough? am I smilin too much? am I tucked in and buckled, do my tits touch? hi, how are you, how high are you?
    less teeth and more tits its never enough. you'll never be good enough.


  • Swimuminati
    0

    FieryDoom said:

    I haven't had any experience with those instant up set ups, but I had a buddy that bought one and he left the damned thing at the beach because it fell apart on him. Said the wind just tore it to bits.

    see, thats what i'm most afraid of.

    am I smilin enough? am I smilin too much? am I tucked in and buckled, do my tits touch? hi, how are you, how high are you?
    less teeth and more tits its never enough. you'll never be good enough.


  • Swimuminati
    0

    i bought the 6 person version of dis one. decided to not go with the instant up.

    am I smilin enough? am I smilin too much? am I tucked in and buckled, do my tits touch? hi, how are you, how high are you?
    less teeth and more tits its never enough. you'll never be good enough.


  • Banned
    0

    POOP


  • 1

    yea if you go camping a lot investing in a decent tent is well worth the $$ in the long run. I bought a 10 person tent about 8 years ago for around $100 & use it at least twice a year for music festivals...Still in great condition besides it occasionally smelling like hippies lol

    ̵̹̺̞̟͋͊̐̿Ŝ̶̘̪̭͗̅͘͜ū̵̡̯̰̠̄̓̾b̶̧̩̲̱̆̐̈́͂ś̸͇̠̺̝̐̃̓t̸̟͔̭̹̏̒̿͝ä̵̛̯̬̗̭̈̕ṅ̶̨̦͉̻̋͋̓č̶̡͇͎̩̊͑̕ę̴͖̞̬̓̒̍̇ ̵̖̻̳̰͌̿͘͠Á̸̺̝̝͊̈́̇ͅb̷͕͍͉̭͗͛̎͆u̶̡̖̭̗̾̆̍͝s̷̻̠̩̜͛̍̆̑ĕ̷̖̯̯͚̂̚͝ ̷̮̻͖̟̔̍̀̚Č̴̨͕͔̊͆̿ͅr̸̨̯̼̞͑͑̐̾e̴̛̤͎̣̟͌̽̄ŵ̵̨͕̜̺̑̋͐


  • Swimuminati
    0

    as long as its not patchouli stink i can usually handle the hippie smell.... and rose too i guess
    i can't f**king stand those smells

    the worst thing about sharing tents at music festivals is the morning stink of beer farts

    i hammock it as often as possible or extract myself by 6 am to the hammock when everybody else is settling down for their naps

    am I smilin enough? am I smilin too much? am I tucked in and buckled, do my tits touch? hi, how are you, how high are you?
    less teeth and more tits its never enough. you'll never be good enough.


  • 0

    haha sadly my tent did REEK of patchouli after one gig cuz some dude with dreads [I think] douses his hair in the shit lol

    ̵̹̺̞̟͋͊̐̿Ŝ̶̘̪̭͗̅͘͜ū̵̡̯̰̠̄̓̾b̶̧̩̲̱̆̐̈́͂ś̸͇̠̺̝̐̃̓t̸̟͔̭̹̏̒̿͝ä̵̛̯̬̗̭̈̕ṅ̶̨̦͉̻̋͋̓č̶̡͇͎̩̊͑̕ę̴͖̞̬̓̒̍̇ ̵̖̻̳̰͌̿͘͠Á̸̺̝̝͊̈́̇ͅb̷͕͍͉̭͗͛̎͆u̶̡̖̭̗̾̆̍͝s̷̻̠̩̜͛̍̆̑ĕ̷̖̯̯͚̂̚͝ ̷̮̻͖̟̔̍̀̚Č̴̨͕͔̊͆̿ͅr̸̨̯̼̞͑͑̐̾e̴̛̤͎̣̟͌̽̄ŵ̵̨͕̜̺̑̋͐


  • SwimLegend
    0

    I have a normal tent but I've seen those insta set ups.....they look so convenient

    Oh bother...


  • SwimLegend
    0

    Firefly24 said:

    i bought the 6 person version of dis one. decided to not go with the instant up.

    That's exactly the tent I have but orange

    Oh bother...


  • Banned
    0

    Way too many posts for me to even think what I was about to say hasn't been said, so I'll excuse myself

    It was me.....It was always me.


Log in to reply